Author Topic: Infection in cheekbone  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Infection in cheekbone
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
She's very beautiful  :Luv2: Hope she's on the mend soon  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 08:50:30 AM »
I'm sure it does take a while for a deep infection to improve but agree with what others have said. Do you know Malcolm Cat protection in Limassol? http://www.malcolmcat.org/

They are ex-pats and might be able to give you some support, even if it is only over the phone. (I know it's in the South)  :hug:

I hope Kelebek is on the mend.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:52:29 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline phoebe_cat

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 08:44:23 AM »
I'm in Northern Cyprus, the Turkish half of the island. I've managed to get a couple of pics.... hope these links work!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4948801&l=0ad3aeb9b4&id=717901085
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4948802&l=2b99d57849&id=717901085

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
 :welcome:   to Purrs

Hope Kekebek is better soon I agree with Helen the antibiotics will take a few days to work

By the way whereabouts in the world are you?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 22:00:34 PM »
Great stuff (not about the back, sounds painful  :(  :hug:) - let us know how she gets on. At least it will be on the vets say so if she has to go back so you'll know you're not stressing her out unnecessarily  :hug:

Offline phoebe_cat

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 21:55:18 PM »
Is there anyone that speaks the language that could ring for you to ask whether you should have seen an improvement by now? This would save stressing her out unnecessarily if the vet is of the opinion that it is too soon to see a marked improvement.

D'ya know what it is!?!? I sometimes haven't got the brains I was born with! I never even thought of that! My friends husband is a local, he could give them a ring for me, thank you so much for that suggestion! (Been to hospital myself today, as have damaged back, been on all kinds of painkillers and had 2 injections this morning, so I'm gonna blame that for my lack of initiative!!)

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 21:52:04 PM »
awww i hope kelebek is feeling better soon.....and i too had a phoebes once...lovely cat....good luck and keep us all informed of any progress or developments...hugs Kenni xxxxxxxxx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 21:49:11 PM »
Going off my own (human) experience with antibiotics - and I've had lots! -  I think today might be a bit soon to notice a visible improvement but that said, if it was a very deep infection as the vet said then it may need a longer course of antibiotics. As she is off colour and not her usual self then I think a repeat trip to the vets would be best, it may be that they need to change the type of antibiotic that she has.

Is there anyone that speaks the language that could ring for you to ask whether you should have seen an improvement by now? This would save stressing her out unnecessarily if the vet is of the opinion that it is too soon to see a marked improvement.

Fingers crossed she gets back to her usual self soon enough, oh and  :welcome: to Purrs too  :hug:

Offline phoebe_cat

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 21:35:16 PM »
Thanx for the reply! She was at the vets on Friday, and my friend said it was real hard work getting him to understand, but anyway he gave her the treatment, just before I put her through all the stress of taking her in the car again, I just wondered if there should be any improvement by now..... She really really REALLY hates being in the car, lol! So don't wanna drag her down there to find that it will be another week or so till I see any difference if you know what I mean!
By the way, my user name is in memory of a cat that is no longer with us..... This little terror is called Kelebek, which means butterfly in English, cos she just kinda fluttered into my life  :shy:

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 21:29:16 PM »
poor phoebee......im sure that if you got her to a vet they could see what waas wrong....80% of any language is body lang, eyes, hand movements etc... im sure you would be ok...

I dont have any advice sadly...buti do wih you both well...gentle healing hugs for dear little phoebes xxxx :hug:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline phoebe_cat

• Kitten
Infection in cheekbone
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 21:24:07 PM »
Hi, I live outside the UK, and as yet have not been able to find an English speaking Vet! 4 Weeks ago, I rehomed a stray cat, approximately 1 year old. She came home last week with a cut on her face. It was only about 2mm long, really really tiny, but very deep. There is a lot of building work going on around me, so she may have caught it on something, or, I do know she has been fighting, as her being "new kid on the block" there is a bit of working out new territory to be done, lol!
Anyway, I cleaned the cut up, it looked ok, not jagged, or like there was anything stuck in it. 2 Days later the bridge of her nose started to swell, the next day all her cheekbone had swelled up too..... I was working all day, so a friend of mine took her to the vets for me, so all information I have is second hand! He said, in broken English, that she has a high grade infection which has now spread to her glands.... He gave her a strong antibiotic injection, and antibiotic tablets, 1 x twice a day. This was on Friday... So she had the injection Friday morning, had one tablet Friday night, 2 yesterday and another 2 today.... There are only 3 more doses to go and I can't see any improvement.... Should the swelling and redness have gone down by now, or am I just being too impatient? She's also not quite herself... Being such a young cat, she's normally full of fun, but she's just not interested in playing and her appetite isn't as normal either! Any advice would be really appreciated, as, like I say there is a language barrier problem here too, which doesn't help (although I am taking lessons!!!) :( :(

Link to CatChat