Author Topic: Odd question regarding bottoms!  (Read 1250 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Odd question regarding bottoms!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »
Nope.  :sick: She's toileting normally and eating as normally as Sage does so we're just watching her. (She has bouts of sickness - there's been two vet checks that found nothing so we think it might be linked to her nervous disposition.)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
OK, crisis over - the item appears to have passed naturally. Thanks for your concern, Susanne. :hug:

Phew!  I'm guessing you didn't examine her output to find out what it was  :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 18:28:42 PM »
Glad to hear that Sage is ok  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 23:00:51 PM »
OK, crisis over - the item appears to have passed naturally. Thanks for your concern, Susanne. :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »
She honestly seems to be fine. I'll give it another day, and if it hasn't moved by Monday I'll get her to the vet. I'd be more worried if she seemed in discomfort but she really doesn't.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »
Could it be a thread or piece of string?  Does it look like a foreign body or something more, shall we say organic  ;D The potential worry is that it could be the end of a long piece and if it's a foreign body, the rest could be tangled around her intestines which is very dangerous.  If it is right at the end, she will pass it with a poo.  Tbh, I'd be a little concerned if it's been there for 2 days.   Is she eating and pooing ok?  I am paranoid about string etc after the scare I had with Mosi a few years ago (swallowed da bird string and needed emergency op to see if anything was inside him).

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Odd question regarding bottoms!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Sage has, for the last two days had something very thin (not a worm) hanging from her bum. She appears her usual self other than this. What is the best course of action? I don't want to hurt her, but am unsure what to do. (Parsley did this years ago with the strand tinsel and we had to wait for it to come out. :sick: We learnt from our mistakes and put the strands at the top every year after that!)

Link to CatChat