Author Topic: Mouth pain when eating  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Mouth pain when eating
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 14:40:09 PM »
Good news that it's nothing untoward and can be fixed if required, sending a big :care: to Geoffrey in the meantime  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 14:10:19 PM »
Glad it isn't anything nasty - although I know teeth can be painful  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »
Poor little thing!!   :hug: :hug:  I am pleased it is nothing worse though.   :hug: :hug:

Sending healing vibes!! 

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 21:21:47 PM »
It looks as if Geoffrey has chipped the end off one of his incisors.  How on earth has he done that  :Crazy:  He's got antibiotics and painkillers just in case it's not that or is very transient, but he may have to have it taken out.  Poor little lad, he does so love his grub, it's awful to see him looking at it as if it's going to hurt him  :'(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 21:22:10 PM by fluffybunny »

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »
Wishing you and little Geoffrey well at the Vet today.   :hug: :hug: (I LOVE the name Geoffrey!!) :Luv2: :Luv2:

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
Good luck at the vets  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »
Thanks - it would be just my luck if it is something dental!  He reacted in the same way as Sooty (RIP) did when he had dental pain, so I think the same.  I suppose there's no telling when a dental issue might suddenly appear even if they've recently been done.  I wonder if the insurance will cover it if it does turn out to be that.  I'll report back once we've seen the vet later anyway, he is exactly the same this morning so it's not something that has gone away overnight.   

It didn't stop him from catching a mouse and presenting it to me last night though  :naughty: 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 23:05:30 PM »
My first thought was teeth issues but sounds strange if he's recently had a dental. Hope it's nothing too serious, let us know how he get on tomorrow  :hug:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Mouth pain when eating
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 21:11:49 PM »
Hello all! 

Well the lovely Geoffrey rushed to his dinner as usual this evening, took one bite and jumped away as if his dinner had bitten him.  He then spent the next 10 minutes desperately wanting to eat his food but it was obviously causing pain whenever he tried.  Eventually he started picking it out piece by piece on his paw and ate that way without any obvious discomfort, so I spread the rest of it over a saucer and he ate it all up.  He only had a full dental a couple of months ago so I'd be surprised if it was that already, but what else could it be?  The little chap does seem a little quieter than normal but nothing to make me excessively worried at the moment.  I have booked a vets visit for tomorrow so I should know more then, I'm just wondering really  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat