Author Topic: Problem with Daisy's mouth  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Problem with Daisy's mouth
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 20:44:11 PM »
It could be a rodent ulcer, in which case the meds will deal with it! They can occur for many reasons but an allergy, a sting or excessive nibbling from stress/fleas can cause them. Spike occasionally suffers and i always find frontlining helps even if i cant find fleas or dirt!

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Problem with Daisy's mouth
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 20:33:10 PM »
Was cuddling with Miss Daisy on Monday evening and noticed her lil bottom lip was swollen, opened her mouth and the swelling went on inside her mouth. Rang the vets straight away and got an appointment for later that evening. The vet looked at it and said it wasn't hurting her (I beg to differ cos I was holding her and thought it was painful on her), she said there's a mild infection there, she gave her a steroid injection and one of antibiotics, and also a course of antibiotics for me to give her starting today(oh how fun it is giving tablets to madam!). If the swelling hasn't gone down by the time the tablets are finished I'm to take her back for a biopsy because she's worried there might be something sinister behind it  :( please cross your fingers and paws that it does. It doesn't seem to have gone down yet but I'm praying. She's her normal self though, even on Monday she was eating and drinking normally, grooming, playing and being her cuddly self. Just before we went to the vets she was scooting about the kitchen floor with one of the plastic spring toys from the Purrs shop.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Link to CatChat