Author Topic: A slightly bigger than little show brag!  (Read 1856 times)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Re: A slightly bigger than little show brag!
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 23:36:57 PM »
well done to you and pearl whitty
 :Luv:

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 22:11:49 PM »
Thanks folks, it was a stunning result for Madam Pearl. And she won a group here in the Purrs show to add to that!  :blow kiss:

She's not doing badly for a former feral, is she? Mind, she's about as feral as a pair of carpet slippers...  :rofl:

Pearl and Arabella were the two best cats on the day and the judges just couldn't decide which one of the two would go BIS. Blue or silver tabby? It's like asking if you prefer pizza or chocolate...  :um:

It's by far the closest we've been to BIS - it's been our third nomination on the trot and each time we've gotten just that little bit closer.

Since the penny finally dropped for her at the Ely pet cat show, madam has shown unbelievably well, with yesterday being the best by far. Watching all the judges, both ped and non-ped making such a fuss of her during the judging gave me ever such a big kick. Some even came back in the afternoon to meet her again. It's the feeling you get when you see that which makes it so special.  :cuddle:

I'm sure we'll get that BIS, but I'm unbelievably proud of the landmark first red card day. She's a very special girl and mummy's little  :wish:

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 11:06:28 AM »
Fantatsic news congratulations to you both!

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
Hooray, well done to both of you  :wow:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 23:53:20 PM »
This is awsome news,well done ;D
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 22:27:04 PM »
Well done, Pearl!  :1st place:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 22:03:17 PM »
Well done Pearl, stunning result  :ahh:

:congrats: :congrats:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 21:41:15 PM »
:Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :attention: :attention: :attention: :attention: :attention: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers: :Flowers:
Congratulations Pearl.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
A slightly bigger than little show brag!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 21:38:00 PM »
Pearl and I were away in Milton Keynes today, competing in the Siamese Cat Association and Oriental Cat Association shows - it was a back-to-back, so Pearl was entered in both.

It wasn't the biggest Household Pet entry, but by golly it was tough - probably the toughest entry to date. It's kind of funny when you go further afield to compete against different cats only to find that when you get there, you know all the cats except one...  :rofl: Still, it was a very enjoyable day and I got roped into putting prize cards on the pens as a friend was working on the table.

And there's no better feeling when you're putting prize cards on your own cat's pen. :oolala:  Red ones. Lots of red ones...   :yesss:

In fact, Pearl had her very first Red Card Day in the SCA show! Oh I'm so proud of her.  :blow kiss: In the OCA show, she won her open and had two firsts and a third, making a grand total of seven firsts and one third in her classes. She showed so well today, it really blew me away.

I was watching the judging from the gallery above the show hall and the little lass stood on the judge's trolly like she owned the place. Then she decided to sit on the clipboard one of the judges was holding out in front of her, and when that got boring, she stood up and put her paws on the judges shoulder to look around and see what was going on.  :heeee heeee: She even got some serious finger licking in as well. Even some of the ped judges came over to make a fuss of the little moo and she was lapping it all up.  :Luv:

She even got nominated for BIS Adult / BIS Female in both shows, but lost out on referees decision to Arabella, my friend's cat. Ouch! I'd have hated to have been the judge there as it's nip and tuck between our two girlies. Still, it's the closest we've been to a BIS - I'm sure we'll crack it sometime.

It was a lovely show, I really enjoyed it and I'm soooooooooooooooo proud of my special girl.  :bow:

Link to CatChat