Cat Health & Behaviour > For Disabled Cats

2 weeks in

(1/4) > >>

Tiggy's Mum:
Once you've gained his full trust you could clip his claws, I do both my cats as they like to 'paddle' on me which is agony! You can buy special clippers and it's very easy to do but as he's new to you would be inclined to wait until he's 100% settled.

Lyn (Slugsta):
My 3 legged cat used to do that when his remaining back leg became older and weaker. Ouchy!

Kay and Penny:
aaaww - bless him

I suppose that is natural for blind cats, as taking a leap in the dark would be too scary for them, so they climb rather than jump

better wear heavyweight jeans!

princesskasren:
All good advice and points..thanks. Oscar just in the last few days has started climbing onto my lap...but he pulls himself up with his claws and when he moves he digs in...I def don't believe in de clawing cats taht is evil(IMHO) so I know it's love when I look at the scratches on my thighs! LOL

Kay and Penny:
doesn't sound as if things are going too badly to me - I do suspect that cats who have been on their own for a while find the introduction of a 'playmate' a challenge, but not necessarily an unwelcome one - Jez's life has suddenly got a whole lot more interesting, and that's no bad thing

she will insist on being topcat, and Oscar will almost certainly  not dispute that - she'll go on regularly putting him in his place, and he'll go on letting her, and they will both understand the rules of the game and rub along together just fine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version