Author Topic: Wee Vinnie  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Vinnie
Re: Wee Vinnie
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
 :thanks: everyone.

Hours? There's a photo Paul took on facebook of him up on our laps after a few minutes :rofl: We'll have to order Da Bird. That looks like lots of fun  :wow: When I got up this morning zebra mouse had mysteriously gone missing. All that's left of him is his feathery tail :evillaugh: Nobody happens to have seen them anywhere for sale? Paul didn't know where it came from and I've searched online with no results. Vinnie will play with the other toys we've got but he doesn't bring them back like he does with zebra mouse (RIP, wee mousey :naughty:). We had to end playtime this morning after he jumped onto his scratching post with such force that it almost toppled over. Think we're going to need something a wee bit sturdier in the future :shy:

The good news is that today his wet food from yesterday was half eaten and when I replaced it he ate all his breakfast :) I had to be standing in the room for him to do it (since every time I started to move, he made to follow me) but it looks like chicken flavour is a bigger hit than duck :)

It's going to be interesting how he acts today since fiancé is his favourite (he's got nice long legs for Vinnie to stretch out on for cuddles :evillaugh:) and today he's back at work after his mid-week "weekend". Might be my chance to sneak in and steal the top spot :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 23:58:20 PM »
How settled and relaxed does he look after a matter of mere hours?!  :wow: Such a handsome boy :blow kiss:

Now you can be forgiven for not already having one of these as he is newly adopted but you simply MUST get him a Da Bird (or UK equivalent Flying Frenzy) toy - they're feathers on a pole/string that fly through the air like a real bird. If Vinnie's mouse flicking antics made you giggle you'll be whooping at his DaBird/Flying Frenzy activities!

Just google da bird reviews to get an idea of how  :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: amazing the toy is.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/Flying-Frenzy-Wand-Cat-Toy?keyword=flying%20frenzy&category_id=0

(P.S Da Mouse is even better than Da Bird - if that were even possible but it's out of stock at the mo  :shy: )

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 23:09:21 PM »
He is gorgeous and love the white blob on the end of his tail  ;D ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 21:56:54 PM »
Am just green with envy  :)

He's a beautiful boy and no mistake  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: hope he finds his appetite soon  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 19:46:23 PM »
Oh he's adorable  :Luv2: Fabulous that you found the perfect cat for your home  ;D

I'd give him another day before you start worrying about his eating habits.

When I brought Sam home I made sure he had the same food, Iams, he'd at at his previous home. It turned out he hated it, but had had no choices there, and although my other cats would eat it, Sam has never touched Iams since. I now use James Wellbeloved dry food which has proved popular here and easy to digest.

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 17:57:39 PM »
We made sure to get the cat food he was eating at Sunny Harbour because we expected him to get a wee bit stressed with the move anyway and we wanted to do everything we could do to reduce the stress. We're trying not to worry too much about it since he seems to be settling in every other way. If he carries on like this we're going to have to figure something out though.

(He just tried to give you all a message and ended up opening three new windows, two calculators and an email program I didn't even know I had installed :rofl: Think it might be play time again.)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 17:48:08 PM »
Are you giving him the same food he had at rescue? It can take them a while to settle in so might just be that. They also tend to not go to the toilet for a couple of days which can be worrying. He looks very settled though.

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 17:41:37 PM »
 :thanks: :thanks:

We are so excited to have him here with us. He's been a lot less hyper today. All curled up on laps and cleaning himself and purring. We still found a little time for zebra mouse and eating a slice of chicken (the only food he's been interested in all day :scared:) but today seems to have been cuddle day.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 17:28:30 PM »
He's lovely  :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 17:22:44 PM »
You must be over the moon, he is such a handsome, playful chap  :Luv2: :Luv2: ;D

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 16:43:18 PM »
 :thanks: :thanks:

The cats living with us before hardly played so Vinnie's so different that we can't control our giggles when he gets excited :shy: Our new game is putting the mouse on top of the scratching post and watching him climb it to get it down. Not purely for our own amusement - it's the best way so far that we've been able to get him to use the post rather than the sofa :evillaugh:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 16:28:18 PM »
He's beautiful and has a wonderfully fluffy tail.  :Luv: Glad to see you find your cat as amusing as we find ours. They make us laugh alot ;D

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »
now there's a cat who knows he's come home :Luv:

he's going to love both of you as much as you love him, and that is what being owned by a cat is all about
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »
Here's a bonus video. :) Apologies for how loud my voice is in comparison to fiancé/Vinnie :shy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWBHqFyV78&feature=youtu.be

Offline Teapot

• Adult Cat
Wee Vinnie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »
So Vinnie arrived yesterday! Didn't get a chance to show you pictures yesterday since we were too busy playing/cuddling. :Luv: He's settling in really well. He couldn't get enough of being petted and zebra mouse has been lost down every small space in his room :evillaugh: When we came through this morning he was curled up in his bed but he ran to come and see us. The only thing that's worrying me a bit is that he isn't eating much. He's had a few bites of dry food and he's licked the jelly off his wet food, but apart from that his food's untouched. We wondered if that was because he's too excited/unsure to eat. Is that normal for cats in a new environment? We're used to Suzie and Terry eating like it's going out of fashion so we're a little unsure what's "normal" behaviour when it comes to food :shy:

On the lap, straight after arriving.

Investigating his new bed.

Play time with zebra mouse.

Posing for the camera.

Link to CatChat