Author Topic: Real Men like Cats!  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
Re: Real Men like Cats!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 15:07:21 PM »
this thread made me chuckle x

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 12:21:06 PM »
Well I can't take any credit at all for converting him - the kitties did it all by themselves  :Luv2:
I think his big turning point was when our little rescue persian, Phoebe was diagnosed with PKD.  :'( As her illness progressed, the run up to our decision of finding the right moment to let her go really affected him.  He was as big a wreck as me when she was pts and for quite a while after.   I think that was the point at which he realised how much he did actually love our little fluffpots.   :Luv2:
Hugo cries for Dad to pick him up and likes to 'dangle'   :rofl:  Hugo likes to be held with all his legs dangling as if he were lying on a tree branch.  He requires rocking at this point and woe betide Dad if he tries to put Hugo down!  >:(  :rofl:   He ends up standing there for 10 to 15 minutes rocking a dangling Hugo  :sneaky: :rofl:
If his friends at the rugby club could only see that spectacle  :-[

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  Am loving the fact Hugo's about as far into that mug as he can get.  :evillaugh:

Gilbert does look like a very well behaved boy.  It's no wonder he view's Hugo's antics with disapproval.   ;)

It always delights me when you come across a man who confides in a love of cats.  Says a lot about them, I reckon.   :)  I confess that until we took in a tiny stray almost 30 years ago, I wasn't really "into" cats either - I thought they were a bit aloof, and when I worked at the local cat and dog shelter as a volunteer, I was once badly scratched by a cat that hid on a shelf and jumped on my back when I was putting a clean litter tray back.   :doh:

It wasn't until we'd lived with that tiny stray (who was never claimed except by us) that I realised how utterly fascinating cats could be, and how very much I'd grown to love her, absolutely breaking my heart when she disappeared at the age of 4.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Real Men like Cats!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 18:22:06 PM »

I'm going to sound like a serial dater but I've def converted a few men to cats in my time lol! I've also ended it with one guy who hated my cats and treated them with disdain... Not good!

I have a naughty cat and well behaved cat too lol!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 18:22:56 PM by caledonia »
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 16:39:55 PM »
dh hated cats before we got our first cat, hes a convert now though, gorgeous cats  :Luv:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 14:13:12 PM »
Well done for converting him  ;D

My fella wasn't a cat fan after a bad experience when he was younger, but I had never owned a cat either til just over 2 years ago....

After much pestering and wearing him down, we got two, and now he dotes on them just as much as me  :Luv:

Fab photos  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 13:47:09 PM »
Great pics  ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Real Men like Cats!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »
Great pic of Hugo :evillaugh: As for Gilbert, what a gorgeous little angel! :blow kiss: My two sound very similar in personalities, one larger than life full of character and VERY mischievous, the other is a sweet gentle angel!

Offline Scooby

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Hugo / Gilbert
Real Men like Cats!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:46 AM »
My hubby wasn't into cats when we met :Crazy:  - In fact he'd never really had much contact with animals.  He was under the impression cats just came to get fed and then left.  :sneaky:  He wasn't quite prepared for their intelligence and my cats' ability to play hide and seek with you, play fetch, follow you round the house like a dog and how strong a personality they had.  Needless to say, it wasn't long before they'd crept into his affections and he is now a total cat convert.  :Luv2:   Of the cats we have had, Hugo seems to have made a big impression, (probably because he's so mischievous).  :sneaky:
It was hubby's Birthday and the kitties bought him a pressie.  Hugo wants his mitts on everything you've got  :P and quite fancied this pressie for himself - as you can see from the pic.

Sorry but I had to add a gratuitous cute cat pic of Gilbert - couldn't possibly leave him out.  Gilbert is an angel by the way  :)  Never, ever puts a paw out of place.  A real goody two shoes!  He follows Hugo round the house when he's up to no good  :sneaky: and watches his disgraceful antics looking a bit  :shocked: 
He keeps turning round to look at me as if to say "Mum! Aren't you going to do anything about this??"   :shocked:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:33:27 AM by Scooby »

Link to CatChat