Author Topic: Update on Honey and Rori  (Read 7664 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Update on Honey and Rori
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 21:29:35 PM »
Times are really bad for rehoming at the moment - Bengal Welfare have got 10 rescued Bengals in at the moment and are really struggling to find them homes

Just try to make sure that Honey has got somewhere quiet she can go when she wants some "alone time" - it is actually quite common for Bengal females not to get on too well with their offspring once the babies get older.
TBH is you really end up not being able to cope you should take her back to the Breeder you got her from.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 19:44:08 PM »
I am so pleased  :hug: :hug:

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 16:41:38 PM »
Someone came to view her the other day and reality sunk in, really couldn't let her go.  So I have decided to keep trying

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 16:26:09 PM »
any news beth?

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 13:21:13 PM »
my 5yr old is autistic and my youngest is 18 months.  I've spent 5 weeks tbh, trying to keep everything happy, kitties stay in the kitchen out the kids way.  honey goes outside, comes and goes as she wants.  Rori takes the beating, honey seeks her out.  My heart is telling me she needs to be in a cat only home with no younger kids.

The breeder always kept her in her own room, as she didn't get on with other cats, apart from her daughter.  said she'd launch attacks and was moody with them.  She has been fine until the last 3-5 weeks.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 13:14:03 PM »
they do tend to want to be dominant, she is mums so she is just showing that  - my bengal always wants to be top cat in our house (although others have different ideas!) is there any way you could get your boys to leave her alone?

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
It's with much sad regret that I have to announce that I will be trying to rehome honey.

I love her with all my heart and this is a decision that really hurts.  But she just isn't fully happy here, I know she is attached to me but with rori growing older and the kids, she is unsettled.  In the last 3 weeks, she has lashed out at both my boys and atleast 4 times a day, is hitting rori.

I really do feel she would thrive in a child free home, where she is the only cat.  Or if with children, older that say 12.  She's 7 now and deserves to live a peaceful life, she is a very loving and loyal cat but she isn't happy.

When I'm on my own with her, she adores me, she is not trouble but the kids are rough.  Rori plays with the kids and she i fine, honey lays there like a till target and the kids don't understand why she won't play.

Not sure how to go about this, i'd rather find her the home, as putting her in a rescue would stress her out.  I would ask for a donation of 50-100 GBP's, of which will be split between having her annual shots and the rest going to the CP.  But I'd want a home check done too.

I feel sooooooo bad :(

Offline Witchling86

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Spirit
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 23:59:01 PM »
They are both so gorgeous, love the pics of them cuddled up.

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »
Thank you  :Luv:

I've got a 4 bed place lined up, which would leave me a spare room upstairs, I was actually thinking of turning this into a 'bengal room'  :rofl: put shelves up at different levels, secure in some tall cat trees, basically make it a safe area for the kitties to go to, when they want time away from the kids.

I was also asked if I could temp home a male bengal.  His owner had been taken into hospital with heart issues and no close family or friends could take him in, as they all had dogs and his kitty isn't a dog friendly cat.  It was a big step but I said yes.  He stayed here for 2 weeks.  Honey wasn't the most impressed cat but she is generally a mrs grumpy kitty  :rofl: she spends most of her day out and about, returning when hungry, wet or before dark.

He is a 4yr old male seal point, gorgeous boy but an F3, so he really was a challenge!  but with rori's constant hyperness and need to bounce off anything and everything, he settled right in.  Rori didn't bother her mum, so for 2 weeks, you could say Honey was kid free  :rofl:  It was sad to return him but it had to be done, my bengal addiction was about to rise up and I can't have that  :rofl:

So I figured, once me, the kids and my kitties move to a bigger place, I'm going to look into adopting a rescue kitty.  More than likely a male bengal, if I can find one, not going to purchase a new boy, too much money and I'd rather give a forever home.  Or find a breed that is similar to the bengal, so it can be matched with Rori.    If I can find a moggie in a rescue center that would fit in well, then I will go that route too.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
OMG - they are both absolutely beautiful.  :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:56 AM »
Stunning  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 21:17:00 PM »
Bengals are, aren't they  :Luv2:

I keep seeing seal point bengals and wanting one, what's stopping me is that I can't afford them, oh and honey  :rofl:

Rori is lovely but by god, she is a handful.  She's at my heels ALL the time,I have a bath or a shower, she has to be in the bathroom, leave her outside and she yowls, not meows but yowls  >:( plus she's starting her naughty bengal phase.

I kid you not, when i say it's like having another child in the house  :shocked:  :rofl:

Defo a breed not for 1st time kittie owners

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 20:50:41 PM »
Stunning doesn't even come close :blow kiss: I want a Bengal!

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 20:46:24 PM »
Rori is back up to full health, so I thought I would update this thread with a few photos of her;

This was her 3 weeks ago:

This is her now:

cuddled up to her mummy

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 21:23:54 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D beautiful photo  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 21:34:47 PM »
You see that blanket, well it was covering my legs, until honey decided to pull it away and then constantly move around on my lower legs for a good 15 mins, until I moved.  Then as soon as I moved, rori snuck in and her mum stretched out  >:(

This cats are canny folk  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 20:44:44 PM »
How on earth did you resist the urge to snuggle up with them  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 17:01:01 PM »
So cute  ;D

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 16:06:51 PM »
mamma and bubba snuggling down on a chilly afternoon

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
Yeah cats can come into season every few weeks, usually lasts between 7-10 days.  It's not a good experience for them at all  :(

I did have a bit of a worry about Rori last night, as she seemed off.  But this morning she was sat on the top of her cat tree, purring away and jumped down, asking for food.  Worry has all gone lol

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 00:11:24 AM »
I'd never seen a cat in season before and all i can is that my Evie was a little tramp  :rofl: :rofl: she was whisked to that vet so fast her bum was still in the air  :rofl:

She has barely reached 6mths!!  :-: :-:
But Evie does the little chirping too!  ;D
So glad everything went well for Rori and who can now relax instead of going into heat every few weeks too (i didnt know this happened either til the vet told me! I thought it was every few months!) lol
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 08:08:02 AM »
Yeah but they said it was a bit tricky as she was in-season at the time.  I told the vet that I didn't know if she was, as she is a very talkative cat but she wasn't doing the tarty displaying part, so there was a 50/50.  BUT honey had been hissing at her for the last 2 days and had taken a disliking to her daughter.  Vet told me about the issues a feline in season could have during spaying (swollen blood vessels etc) but it was for the better for Rori and her mum and it seems that rori comes into season every few weeks  :shify:

She spent the majority of the night sleeping on me, not next to me but on me  :censored: but she slept well  :rofl:

I have noticed that her meows aren't so loud now and she's chirping too

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 00:09:25 AM »
Sleeping of the drugs  ;D

Did she have a midline?

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 21:26:13 PM »
snuggled up after a dramatic day

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 18:12:35 PM »
thank you x

Rori is now home, the vet says that she needs to rest, not to let her jump up etc..............all from the vet who had to drag Rori off the top of the cupboard tops, this morning, at her pre-op  :rofl:

She's been running about since she got home an hour ago, although her back legs occasionally go  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 18:09:16 PM »
Great photos of two absolutely stunning girls, I just  :Luv: bengals  :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 16:00:43 PM »
Oh my a bengal/birman cross sounds like a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But bet they feel gorgeous and look gorgeous, love to see pics  ;D

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 14:50:06 PM »
thank you  :Luv2:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 14:30:01 PM »
Beth, they are stunning!  :Luv:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 13:52:32 PM »
Thats all very good and I know about cats that talk a lot although sure birmans arent as bad as benglies  ;D

I think lupin and rori could have a good conversation!

Talking about birmans.  I went to visit a bengal breeder the other week, she has 3 bengal x birmans, total accident that happened.  She brought her stud inside when it was raining, her daughter opened the door to the room he was in, he escaped, daughter never bothered to catch him, breeder comes home from work to find said mr bengal seducing their queen birman.  They had never bred their female birman but didn't want to abort.  I have to get pics of them, 2 are med. haired with the birman's point but a stripy tail and one is short haired, bengal slinkyness but birman coloring.  safe to say they had their queen spayed in case of any one accident  :shocked:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 13:42:00 PM »
Thats all very good and I know about cats that talk a lot although sure birmans arent as bad as benglies  ;D

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 13:40:14 PM »
I've got her on a mixture of carny/natures menu-kitten and it seems to be settling her down.  I'm gonna keep her on cooked chicken for the next few days, until she recovers from her spaying.  Then slowly reintroduce carny/natures menu.

Spaying went well, vet just called.  Said she was in season but because she didn't display as a typical queen would, I couldn't tell  :shocked: she just talks alot lol

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 13:10:38 PM »
Lupin had a terrible upset tummy when he had been neutered, only 3 days after arriving here.

He had to go on RC GI pouches and protexin which is a probiotic and after months his tummy got better. He cant eat Felix or whiskers cos they make his tummy bad again so tried Tesco own brand chicken in jelly pouches and phewwwww his tummy stayed good.

He now eats Sheba chicken and turkey morsals and a new sheba one chicken chunks in terrain.............very small chunks.

Basically it doesnt matter what you want them to eat or what they want to eat, it has to be something that doesnt upset their tummies. Lupin was 10 months old and it could be what you are feeding Rori is too rich for her tummy at her young age.

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:10:54 AM »
I'll have to get a friend to film me training her.

Rori plays fetch, which i've put in another thread as a video.

I'm taking rori to the vets to be spayed today, she's not happy at all that i've starved her since 8pm last night.  She's letting me know by meowing constantly since 6am  :shify:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
 :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool;

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am glad everything is working out well - you appear to be doing a fantastic job!!!
Videos of training needed please  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

;D ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
Update on Honey and Rori
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 22:01:18 PM »

Everything is settling down in the house hold, I can safely say that whoever said bengals weren't lap cats, are totally wrong  :Luv2:

Honey came round pretty quickly and curls up next to me, I've even started letting her stay in my bedroom, when they kids aren't here (my 1yr old is still in my room) and she curls up at the end, Rori sometimes joins her on the bed but she's made a nest underneath that she loves to hide in.

Both kitties adore each other but I do run into an issue of when honey goes outside, Rori will meow the house down.  And by god can that 9 month old scream  >:(

Since I've had rori, she's had the runs.  I put it down to the stress of the move but her poos never got better.  The vets gave me a pro-biotic for 5 days, it seemed to harden her poos up but 2 days after, she went back to the runs.  But she seems more bengal now and her 3rd eyelid has retracted.  I'm going to request that the vet checks for TF.  But generally in herself, she is good.

I'm feeding them a mixture of a raw diet, kibble and wet food.  I've found by using a 70% meat content and above food, the poo's aren't as smelly and they fart less  :shocked:

Honey REALLY enjoys eating raw, she makes a nomweoownom noise when eating it.  It's a mix of pork, beef, chicken, liver and bone granules, can really tell a difference in both girls in the last 2 weeks.   I get the meat as cut offs from my local butcher, basically the stock that was in the counters at the end of the day and not sold, I get for £10 :sneaky: that lasts for a whole month with making 1 meal a day for both girls.  Because of this, I really don't have to feed them much wet or kibble.  My mum rolls her eyes at it but I'd prefer them to have this raw in their diet, if it means helping them live a life away from the vets. 

Honey free roams out in the garden, she goes into the neighbor's either side, she comes within minutes of being called.  I will refuse to let her stay out, when I go out and she is never out at night.    She seems happier now, more relaxed too.  I walk her on the leash at night for about 30 mins, so she can get out and let her kitty senses kick in.  Rori's recall is terrible and she goes floppy on the leash, so she needs a lot more work lol 

I'm clicker training honey and in 4 days, I have taught her to stand on her catch tree and wait, as I walk out the front door.  I'm also working on getting her to sit on a kitchen stool, before I open the back door.  It's getting there but she'll only stay until you turn your back on her, in the kitchen  :rofl:

So, apart from Rori's runs, everything is going well.  I really do love my girls, they run upstairs to greet me in the mornings when I wake up and they love their cuddle times.  Rori has taken over the curtain pole and honey has taken over the sofa, so life is good.  Here are some piccies of them.

I put a basket down for 5 mins, not intended for the cats, I go to answer the front door and on my return, find out that honey's got a new bed  :shify:

Rori relaxing;

All hail princess rori  :rofl:

Rori stayed on that step for an hour, stalking a spider!

This is usually how I find the girls, before I go to bed, settled in for the night.

I went for this cat tree in the end, it was on sale in zoo plus for £45, reduced from about £100.  It attaches to the ceiling but my ceiling is slightly too low to put the top on.

Link to CatChat