Author Topic: My new girl is coming home!  (Read 9818 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: My new girl is coming home!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 19:29:42 PM »
 :drool; :drool; :drool; shes gorgeous!!  ;D ;D
she definitely looke like she settling in well!!  ;D ;D
- like you said earlier, shes probably enjoying the peace for the time being!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: but i'm sure if her daughter becomes available she'll equally welcome the company - especially to burn of all that energy together  ;D ;D

*cough* not that i'm encouraging any underlying crazy cat lady tendancies  :shify: :shify:  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 16:16:26 PM »

Yeah, tbh she said she'd more than likely rehome her than keep her.  Fingers crossed she comes to me!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 16:11:53 PM »
Honey is adorable, well done.  :1st place:

I wonder why her previous owners are considering breeding from her daughter, didn't they say the kittens were flat chested? It would be nice to have the two girls back together.   :agreed:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 16:04:29 PM »
so gorgeous but reckonshe willbe a handful  ;D ;D

do you still have honey ?

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 15:27:35 PM »
I came home with just her, bit of a hell ride home.  I had a cardboard cat carrier, she broke out of that.  It was like the hulk bursting through a wall  :shy:  Lots of fur flying around the car  :Crazy:

As soon as I got home, she literally just settled in with no issue.  It turns out that she is a rather vocal kitty too  :shocked: and loves to play!

Having a little snoop around.

The breeder said that she may not breeder honey's daughter and may rehome her in 2 months time, so I've said if she does, to let me know.  It be nice for honey to have her daughter with he again, they were stuck at eachother's side
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 15:28:35 PM by Beth82 »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 13:37:45 PM »

Oooo she's gorgeous.   Bet you can't wait - is she home yet?  Did you - will you - come home with one, or two?   ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 13:16:23 PM »
I'm excited now too. Need an update the minute she arrives, with pics please  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
Posche Bengal is besotted with Casper ragdoll and they make an odd pair he is 7.5kgs and she is 3.5 and she is firmly in charge and so different from the sad little girl I took in as they wanted to PTS as she was so mixed up and calling so we sorted the second and let Casper work his magic and now one year on she goes out to play and yowls to let us know she wants to come back in to the inside cat side of the house
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 07:25:08 AM »
She has 2 daughters that were her only surviving kitties, I think they are around 5-6 months old.  I can never tell with bengal kitties, they are so damn bashful/playful, like little cannon balls.  I can't afford to pay out right for a kitty as they are £350 though :(  I'm going to a local animal rescue place before I pick honey up today, so will see if there are any calm social type cats that need homing.

Pretty sure my dad is about to rip me another hole over wanting another cat though lol

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 00:12:59 AM »
Oooh she's delicious. Reminds me of Green who lived next door. Lovely girl.
If you feel the need for two, now is definitely the time to make that decision. Once no.1 has established a territory, it's harder to get no.2 to fit in. If they're both arriving together, they have the same grounding.

I would go for the pair - no extra fuss/hassle for you and they could become best pals ?

Open for comment from the worldly wise here....

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 19:40:17 PM »
I'm too excited, tomorrow's the big day!  :Luv:

And then I saw that a kitty needed rehoming and thought to myself "hmmm i wonder if honey would get on with that kitty" I have cat fever  :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 16:26:59 PM »
Very jealous! She's absolutely stunning and well worth the wait - I have a secret hankering for a Bengal  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 14:53:46 PM »
she is lovely, hope she fits in well, they are quite busy cats and mine doesn't like being handled but likes a fuss on her own terms

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 21:53:19 PM »
Thank you, i'm really excited.  I've not got her home yet and i keep thinking 'ohh i'll get her a friend' but then sanity kicks in and i think she would prefer to be the sole cat for a while.  She's been surrounded by cats and kittens for years, might be good to let her live in some sort of peace lol

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 21:46:05 PM »
Oh she is stunning, I have a brown marble rescue girl Miss Porsche and 2 rescue Ragdolls Minmin and Casper and a rescue NFC Star and my wonderful ferals and moggies and their pets my 3 wonderful border collies

She will keep you on your toes and there is nothing like a chatty Bengal  ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 21:44:51 PM »
Well done in waiting for the right cat and I hope it goes really well  ;D ;D

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
My new girl is coming home!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 21:41:30 PM »

Hi all

Well, I joined this forum in march 2011, in the hopes of finding the perfect cat to join my family.  It's been a fair old slog but I've finally found the right kitty.

I really didn't want a kitten, after much thought I just didn't want to run about after a kitten and 2 young children.  I ran into a brick wall with rescue centers but I kept contacting them every few months, even got called by 2 sanctuarys to go and meet a couple of kitties and as much as I adored them, I just didn't get that 'vibe'.

I've been fixated on a ragdoll or bengal cat, mainly for their temperament with kids.  So I contacted local breeders to see if they had any rescues etc.  So a few weeks ago I found a bengal breeder who lives 10 miles from me, she was looking for a home for an ex breeding queen.  Her name is Honey, she's a brown rosetted, fab personality, friendly and gets on with the kids.  She was only bred twice i think it was, as her kittens suffered from flat chests, just a genetic issue but nothing that will effect her.

I am bringing her home this sunday and I can't wait.  I've gone out and bought all the cat needs, treats and toys.

It's been over a year looking for the right cat and I am glad I held out for her  :Luv:

This is a pic from the breeder, I'll put more up when I get her home.

This is her playing with one of her surviving girls

Link to CatChat