Author Topic: Introducing Lou Lou...Moms new Rescue girl  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Introducing Lou Lou...Moms new Rescue girl
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 17:00:57 PM »
That's good to hear  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 20:58:35 PM »
That's lovely news  ;D  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 18:49:10 PM »
Lou Lou is doing very well mom says! :wow: she walks good now but only if China (moms other shih tzu) is in front and the other day china was in the basket and lou lou forced her fatself in next to China and China was ok with it :shy:
The lady had told mom that Lou Lou was underweight but shes twice as big as china and mom says shes got a round tummy and is heavy so wonder if woman meant overweight :Crazy:

she did have an upset stomach for a few days when she arrived but thats cleared up now and even my two brothers who said they wanted a big manly dog this time have fallen for her :rofl:
mom said shes still a bit funny around men but started going to them when she is called, China has allways been a fan of my stepdad John (who hated dogs :innocent:) and now she can do no wrong so dont think China is that put out by her at all.
I was sopposed to be going down but moms had to rearange that so still havent met Lou Lou :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 16:06:25 PM »
Aww bless  :Luv2: 

hope things work out well.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 16:19:37 PM »
What a little cutie  :Luv2: Sounds like her life has just improved ten-fold!  :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 13:02:58 PM »
bless her, I hope she settles quickly, the mikki mat breaker (as recommended by Gillian) is like a small furminator I find it much easier to use, got it from pets at home

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
It will probably be good for china tbh as she is just as confused, she sleeps with the cats or mom...it will be be great for her to have a doggy pal :wow:

Mom was going to come up this weekend with her as i was sopposed to taking my youngest down to devon for a holiday break but told mom to wait a few weeks for lou lou to settle in and then we can come down in the summer holidays so better for me as dont have to take honey out of school term and much better for pooch!. It will be good i thinkas we can walk lou lou for mom then too. :wow:
shes got a few matts mom said (weird fosterer didnt sort it tbh) so i told mom to get one of the dematt tools for it and maybe a furminator?
china goes to a groomers but not sure how lou lou would deal with that :scared:
Id do it for mom but dont really want her gettting drove up here then being subjected to the fuss of grooming. Paceys just getting settled with me doing him and hes been here since march now :innocent:
Pacey although not a dog seems similar to lou lou...both 5 , pacey was living in a cage in a garden till lau took him in ...so both not had much favourable contact with humans but both (from what mom tells me) seem to thrive on cuddles and love!
its amazing really seeing how they still are capable of love after suffering at the hands of humans...im not sure i would be as forgiving!!!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
How awful - 5 years of not being allowed to be a dog  :'(

Hope she settles at your mothers, and China copes well with the new competition!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »
She's lovely but as you say, such a heartbreaking life so far. 

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
Mom said shes ever so placid and china seems fine with her although its very early days.
moms chap took her out but dont think it went too well so its trying everyday , from what mom said she did walk though so at least shes moving :wow:

Its a sad sad state what these breeding dogs go though, Poor Lou Lou probably isnt aware she actually is a dog if you know what i mean. mom said shes 5 so hopefully in time she will learn to play etc.

shih tzus arent your typical doggy dog though and are quite happy with short walks and lots of cuddles so sure Lou Lou will settle in great.
china is an angel of a dog..and so gentle that i cant see her being agressive etc to lou lou..she may sulk though as she does think shes a baby so may get jelous but mom knows all that anyway so knows to let lou lou settle and for china to continue as she is :shy:

that rescue has so many of dogs like lou lou coming in, its heartbreaking.... :-[
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:11:32 AM by thekittensmittens »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
she is  :Luv:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:20:49 AM »
She's lovely  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  hope everything goes well in her new home  :) 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »
What a beauty Jo  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  and what a lovely write up  :)  Hope she gets on well with her new pal China and learns what a lead is for quickly.

• Hero Cat
Introducing Lou Lou...Moms new Rescue girl
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 23:19:48 PM »
ok i confess shes actually a dog :shify:
Mom was wanting to buy a new shih tzu as a companion to China her 11 year old shih tzu girl.
so I told her about many tears rescue in wales . Well after a fall through adoption attempt with one girl called Honey boo..., mom thought she would be on the list for ever but she got a phone call last week saying they had a girl that fitted the profile perfectly.
so here she is :Luv2:

and heres her story including the newer pics from the time she spent in foster x

07-06-12 Lou Lou is a sweet little ex-breeding 5yr old shih tzu. She has unique eyes, one is blue and one is brown. Lou Lou is very nervous at the moment but is relaxing as we give her time and gentle cuddles. Lou Lou has never lived in a home and will need a kind, patient owner to help her adjust to family life and who do not expect too much too soon. She is looking for a home with a calm and confident dog in her new family which will help to boost her confidence and show her how to be a pet dog.
foster update
 This is Lou Lou having not long arrived in her foster home and her first ever experience in a a family home. As you can see she has lay down in front of the window and is enjoying comforts she has never known before. She is friendly, likes a stroke, is submissive with us and mixes well with my four female dogs. She has met the corgi boy next door and been in his home and a little shih tzu boy who came to visit. Lou Lou enjoys her food will take treats from our hands, and slept all night in a bed in our bedroom and was clean. Lou Lou is only 6 kgs and is under weight she will need lots of love and attention and building up, she is a big cuddle monster as she is not adverse to hugs and cuddles on our knees. Lou Lou has been on the long lead and will follow the other dogs but is still unsure about what a lead is for, she is not intolerant of it and just stands like a donkey and will not move, this will come in time. Lou Lou travelled well in the car from Wales to Devon was clean and relaxed. Lou Lou is not demanding and would love someone to love her, she has waited 5 years for her special person or family and the chance of being a family pet, she would love you to have a nice friendly dog to show her how to do this. Could you make Lou Lou's dream come true she would certainly try to be everything you dreamed she would be.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:10:16 AM by thekittensmittens »

Link to CatChat