Author Topic: Edna Update...  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Edna Update...
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 21:23:26 PM »
lovely update and a gorgeous girl, I have a very softspot for the black ones

You are now the maid for this very special little girl and we have floddy here she is 17 and doesn't like the other cats but has her spots and none of them go anywhere near her and she is happily drooling on my knee currently
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 16:27:24 PM »
Yes - she's staying put! Mainly because no homes were offered, as much as she'd prefer and relax more being an only girl. But, as it is, she has settled more (although she still doesn't like other animals full stop!)
I would have loved to see her as an only cat, but sadly this didn't happen.
She's currently snoozing in her bed after having yet another dinner! She eats lots of small buy regular meals, but this is fine as it helps her older body, and her weight is maintaining well.
She just has so much cattitude!! And a jeckyll and hide personality, too! I so have to watch her  :naughty:
I think it is a case of it's her world, and I'm allowed in it (only just!!)
Liz & Edders xx
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 14:58:14 PM »
Thank you for a lovely update, Liz. So she's staying with you then?  :evillaugh:

I think she looks like she's possibly allowing you to stay. If your good.  :naughty:

Well done, she's looking fine.  :hug:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:49:46 AM »
I think the pretty ones do have to be watched :evillaugh:

she looks so dainty bless her :Luv2:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 22:04:11 PM »
She's lovely(my name sake!) :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 18:28:35 PM »
She looks lovely, such a demon dressed as a cat it seems  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 14:57:22 PM »
 :thanks: for the update  ;D Lovely to see her looking so happy and relaxed  :)  :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »
Lovely to have an update on the lovely Edna. She is looking much better and it's great to see her out enjoying the sunshine  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
 :Luv: She's lovely

(and sounds and looks a bit like my Sooty Cat!)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
Edna Update...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
Thought I'd do a little update about Edna...
The old lady is doing fine  :) She still isn't fussed about the other cats, and never will be! Now and then she chases and shouts and spits at them, but, she is settled enough, healthy, and eating well. She is stable at 2.95kg, so I'm very pleased about that. She has a little lump on her right hind, but I'm keeping my eye on it. It isn't growing, does not bother her, so I expect it's a cyst. Trying to examine her is far from easy (if you value your fingers!) so I do careful, sly checks when she's snoozing and thinks I'm just just stroking her! She is a fiery madam, to say the least! As a vet nurse, there are few cats that bother me or I have problems handling, but Edna is in the minority, so I have to watch her like a hawk when I'm doing anything to her!!
I've been gardening this weekend, and Miss Edna came out with me. She was a little afraid at first, but once she realised I was with her and she was safe, she relaxed and started batting twigs, digging the garden to wee in, and enjoyed the sunshine. I've attached some pics...
I am soon going to attempt a nail clip (please, keep me in your thoughts!) but I often do them when she's sleeping and manage to get 2-3 done before she wakes, realises what I'm doing, and gives me a warning growl/swipe!!
She's still very playful, and loves hiding behind boxes and pouncing at dangling toys! Bit of a clown, really!
Anyway, just thought I'd give a little update for you all, and especially for the lovely people who donated to her thyroid op...
Liz & Edna (AKA Evil Edna!!)  :naughty:
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Link to CatChat