Author Topic: Kitty's thread  (Read 16159 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Kitty's thread
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 13:11:56 PM »
sheila as for the tetanus, my doctor says as long as you have had 2 in your life you are covered  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 13:03:51 PM »
sheila I am so sorry

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »
The worst possible news.  :(

There was a cat fight in the house last night - Tufty is injured and can't put his back foot down. He was out first thing and wouldn't come near the house, hisses and spits when I tried to pick him up in the street. We were debating who he might have been fighting with, and getting him to the vet over breakfast which we were happily sharing with Pip, then OH went for his shower while I started the washing up.

Next minute, Pip went postal. She attacked me then savaged OH. The attack was totally unprovoked and sustained - we threw coats on her in the end and managed to force her back into the sitting room on her own where she continued to hurl herself against the door for 15 minutes. I've never seen such a reaction in anything other than a wild animal. Positively the scariest thing I've ever witnessed.

Pip's not injured, trapped, threatened or hungry. There were no other cats present (thank God) when she went off, so this is inexplicable. She'd shared a little of OHs breakfast bacon just minutes earlier and was nice as pie. It's left us both in such a state of shock I couldn't think of anything but to phone the CH man.

My description of the attack apparently exactly echoed the previous owners  :(

So she's gone, back to Celia's. I donned my motorbike helmet, jacket, boots and gloves and got her into a cage, OH drove me to Canning Town where Celia herself was waiting. I'm afraid I crumbled a little trying to describe what had happened as Pip had completely calmed down by the time we got there, but I'm still in shock as I write this and was very shaky taking her in. Neither Celia nor I believe there's anywhere for her to go now, I guess there's only one option.

We knew she was a risk, but I thought we could heal her damaged mind. I was wrong and I'm just thankful it's only us that have been injured, not a child who could have easily been disfigured in such a frenzied attack. Poor Tufty may well have been on the receiving end of a similar attack in the night, because since Pip has gone he's allowed OH to scoop him up, had some food and Metacam and has settled down in the sitting room where he now is grounded until I can get a proper look at his leg.

My foot is sliced up, but OH's feet and legs are a real mess - one rip has gone sideways across the top of his foot and nicked a couple of blood vessels that bled like mad, and he has slashes from his toes up to his thigh (yes he didn't have a stitch on when this all happened but came running all the same - he's VERY lucky Pip's so short).
Thankfully I'm a first aider so we have plenty of antiseptic cream, pads and tape, and I've patched him up. I'm concerned that his Tetanus is out of date so he's going to see the nurse tomorrow.

Now I'm a mess, OH is being very supportive and stoic but she had really got to him, I expect he'll need a drink or three later. My thoughts now are for poor Pip whose days are surely numbered, and for poor Tufty who didn't ask for any of this.  :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 06:58:49 AM »
Also really chuffed this is going so well.   :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 01:37:56 AM »
Oh my two suitors for ummmmmmm Pip  ;D

So pleased its going so well  ;D

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:31 AM »
I'm so pleased this is all working out and hope youget the formal papers sooner rather than later.  :hug: 

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 00:30:42 AM »
 :cheer: Welcoming Newly Named Pip :cheer:

Sounds like everything is settling in nicely!!  ;D and Kitty Pip ( ;) lol) has calmed her aggression down amazingly  ;D
Well done! I bet you feel like you can breathe again (I know, i've been on edge myself willing for tranquility  :rofl:)

You must be proud you've given her the chance many would have turned away from  :Luv:  :Luv:
and Sly is definitely in love me thinks  :evillaugh: (and Chubby may be falling too lol)
I'm really pleased - lets just hope CP find all the details to make it official soon!!
 :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 21:56:59 PM »
Kitty is now "Pip".  :shy:

OH has taken to calling her Pip (squeak) and she seems to respond, so Pip it is.

She's quietly getting on with exploring the house and making her presence felt with the residents. The funniest one so far has been Chubby, our FIV ex-feral-cum-friendly cuddlebum who is enchanted with her and started following her about the house  :Luv2:

I spoke to the man from CH yesterday - he's having trouble getting her vaccination card etc (methinks it's lost) so he's going to get me a copy of the computer record, and hopefully, her microchip references.

He also seems to have come up with some extra info that she may in fact be five years old, which is actually nearer what I suspected from the beginning. It's all a bit vague, though.  :shify:

He did reassure me of one thing - the recent shaved patch was actually their investigation shave - they found a spay scar so didn't need to go in  ;D

I know CH are absolutely bombed out just now, but I'd like to get this adoption formalised so her chip can be switched to me and I can relax a bit. It's also time she was allowed to roam the house at night with the others as she's getting anxious about being locked away in the sitting room on her own every night.  :-:

However, she's been good as gold. I'm happy for her as she seems to be comfortable with all the residents and loves her Daddy time in the mornings. Bonding with me will come later, I'm sure, but for now this has the makings of a successful introduction.  :phew:

Here's Kitty Pip and Sly playing nicely.

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 00:57:16 AM »
I understand exactly where you're coming from. Unfortunately I dont have feeding time routine and although i work during the day, i am on Flexi-Hours and have a sleep disorder meaning I get up at different times and arrive home at different times, trying to get my 8hrs work done and weekends - well. Its when ever i drag my lazy self up  :rofl: So although not as vast a difference as yourself it is hard to get set routines and live a hectic lifestyle! I dont overly trust the OH to do the job successfully either  :evillaugh: dumping fresh onto old or feeding them the flavours they dont like  :shy:
Also Nuggie doesnt go downstairs with OH - food or not and is like a faithful hound sleeping at my feet patiently waiting for his mammy to get her lazy ass up LOL
I think the only thing i do keep the same is the order in how i feed the cats. Usually begins with cleaning bowls whilst Nuggie cries and gets loads of loves. More loves before dishing up and Peanut arrives from his place on the bottom stair.
i'm still having set backs and feeding is one of them. Nuggie see's Peanut as stealing his pre-meal mammy love and jumping head-butts and Peanut gets a punch if he attempts to come in the kitchen before Nuggie face is securely attached to his meal  :shy: its a strange little thing they have going on. They can be inches apart and the next thing Nuggie is not allowing Peanut to come in the living room - but then it'll switch on its head and Peanut becomes the bossy one (mainly when he is owning the top of the stairs  :evillaugh: )
I think Nuggies reaction is fear on the biggest part and he finds it hard to let his guard down  :shy:

But it seems nothing compared to the ups and downs of your introduction!!
I hope the marking was a one off!! and i'm so pleased Beau has settled down in exchange for his mammy time  ;D

Love the Kitty & Sly photo  ;D  ;D
me thinks Sly has found his self a little girlfriend ;) and although she isnt playing, i admire his persistance in making her his friend....on the other hand he may see her naughty side and see her as a potential recruite  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:
but its so nice that she has a friend and that she's finally giving you big purrs  :dance:
I think it all sorts it self out in the end  ;D .....it just feels like eternity  :grrrrrr:

:hug:  :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
Thanks, all.

Funky - that Cat Whisperer knows his stuff - just wish I had the time to "do" set mealtimes so they can be trained to their dinner bowl.
Sadly my job means I get variable and weird shifts, and OH seriously can't be trusted to get it right (OK, I'm a bit particular, but he DOES shortcut - filling up the wrong biscuits and putting fresh wet food in used bowls etc  :-[ ) so they only get fixed mealtimes when we're on holiday and Aunty Kathy looks after them  :shy:

Gill, yes this is Sly and Kitty, Sly has shown exemplary patience and dedication to the cause - he's fascinated (and I trust him to be alone with her) but may be growing a little tired of her constant rejection. Today he took her breakfast growl in good humour but then asked to go outside, please (catflap locked this morning as she's exploring the house) and hasn't been back since.

Beau has been behaving better - this has been a wake up call for me - Beau has made it perfectly clear that he still needs his cuddles and special time (bedtime is Beau time) and so long as he gets this, the peeing shall cease. Theo, I feel, has reached some kind of plateau, but I don't trust him to be alone with Kitty yet. Pursley and Kitty do hiss and spit at one another (Pursley is a lifelong Alpha female and asserts this with the other female cats in the neighbourhood) Kitty does back off in venerance of Pursley's position.

Yesterday was a backwards-step day - I tried to get her chip to register with the catflap - but she totally freaked when I carried her outside the back door and attempted to feed her back through it. I'm a mass of scratches as a result and may have lost a little of her confidence. Obviously too early  :(

We had a lovely night, though - I was up around 3.30 so came in to the sitting room and had a half hour cuddle with Kitty. She sat on my knee and purred so loud I thought she's wake her Dad  ;D

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »
Love the pic Sheila  :Luv: Hope Theo's protest was a one off.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 16:46:55 PM »
Yes I think they get upset when they want to use the tray but for some reason leave it until the last minute!

Lupin will be grumpy then use the tray and start bouncing around.

Is that Sly and Kitty? Lovely picture  ;D

Sounds like Sly likes Kitty a lot and she is playing hard to get  :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 14:22:51 PM »
Today we've had a bit of a setback as Theo has now displayed his feelings by pee-ing up the video cabinet where Kitty secures herself when the boys are in the sitting room.  :-[ Theo's a strange boy, I'm hoping this is a one-off, as he's has done the same thing for each of the newbies, quickly followed by acceptance (albeit grudging) but as this is our first girl to come in since Theo arrived 4 years ago, who knows what's going on in that massive head? 

However, Sly really does seem to be taking Kitty's side - much to her surprise and not necessarily to her pleasure, Sly is persevering with his uncharacteristically good behaviour and is actively seeking close contact with her.

In return, Kitty hisses, flattens her ears and flashes the mean look at him, but has so far failed to attack.

The bokks (sorry box) has been a great addition - with a hole cut in one end and a flap cut in the other, Kitty and Sly play footsie for ages.

Oh, Kitty did swipe OH last night - poor man looked like his heart was breaking as he sucked his bleeding finger. Then she went for a big poo. Clearly this had been making her grumpy cos she went and sooked right up to him again afterwards.  :naughty: :naughty: Kitty  :rofl:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »
Sheila, I've got no constructive advice to add to this thread but just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying reading it  :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2012, 17:00:22 PM »
Catsitter is not only wonderful with our cats but also very understanding. Totally cool about the new addition.  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 13:23:31 PM »
I love Pawley as a name and think that Abby is a great character  ;D

Think if Sly is really becoming her freind then this may help the others calm down.............can always hope  :sneaky:

Think your OH should take full responsibilty for her as he is obviously the current flavour  :evillaugh:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 23:01:34 PM »
I had a feeling this girl would stay....mwahahaha  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so pleased  :hug:  :hug:

I saw this and thought it might help with the introductions?? Go to 6 minutes 6 seconds of the video
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jackson+cat+whisperer&qpvt=jackson+cat+whisperer&mid=C6F49117E0DC1E19297CC6F49117E0DC1E19297C&FORM=LKVR7#

Desparately trying to find a clip of a "Cat From Hell" where a cat called Ruby, was a Daddy's Girl and agressive towards Mammy - but Animal Planet only do short intro clips and as this man has suddenly taken the world by storm there's not much in the way of "stolen" (  :innocent: ) episodes on You Tube either  :shy: His 2nd series has just started in US so i'm waiting for it to air in the UK, but the 2 episodes i caught of series 1, were really good and it impressed......anyhooo I digress  :shify: but worth looking out for?
Only thing I managed to find by him that might be food for thought was about misbehaving cats, who wake slaves up all hours by general naughtiness to aggression and then we dutifully (and sleepily) drag our bodies out of bed and feed them, pander to them etc (my OH is a victim of this about 5am every morning  :evillaugh: they know better with me as even running over my head fails to wake me  :rofl: ). Well, as with kids I suppose he says dont get up/give them what they want by rewarding aggressive/naughty behaviour with food etc.... (and as I clean the Litter Trays/sick/any other smelly things I may forget to mention this cure for our naughty twilight kittens  :rofl:)
So as "Food Giver" I would maybe look to not giving Kitty what she wants (this may take alot of patience, an asbestos suit and an ipod to drown out any noise  :sneaky: ) and once she's given up and is calm, then feed her? it may reverse the behaviour shes learnt???  :scared: OR why not let Daddy feed her in reward to cuddles she gives him?
Personally I think her previous Lady Owner has not been kind (whatsoever) to little Kitty, this nastiness has then turned to fear, as Kitty has claws and spits but the previous Lady still was the supplier of food - it goes alot deeper than jealousy, me thinks?

On the bright side Sly is her friend, so she's doing something right  :Luv2:  :Luv2:
I think this little girl will bring you big rewards  :) ...she may bring scars along the way  :evillaugh: but she'll end up the most affectionate now she has a great home  :Luv:

I just hope Beau has ceased his Bumhole Behaviour! it may smell an interesting story to fellow felines but having his "pencil sharpner" forced upon you isnt the same friendly gesture in the Human World  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

goes to show that cats will try all sorts to get their own way  :rofl:
:rofl:  :rofl: dont they just!!  :evillaugh:

:hug: :hug:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 19:52:15 PM »
Aha! I knew someone would have the answer - Teresa of course it had to be you! 

So if it's not her stinky womaness that's making the boys noughty, (even taking into account Beau's previous bad experience with women of the female variety (cr. Eric Morecambe RIP) then it's likely to be excessive Spring Fever (yes this has emerged along with the premature daffy bulbs this year) and not related to Kitty at all?

This makes me feel better (and that Sly has continued to play nicely with Kitty) and so we re-think...hmmm...

Think1
I heard that one of CHs fosterers has been taken very ill and her (17!) charges are in need of immediate foster homes, very sad for all concerned.

Think2
Because of OH's increasing affection for Kitty (Puss) and CHs limited foster resources - its highly unlikely I'm going to return Kitty to CH.

Think3
Because Kitty has attached herself inextricably to OH, and looks like she hads always been on his lap  :Luv:

Think4
OH is thinking of naming her Pawley (after Pauley Perrett, who plays the Goth lab rat Abby on NCIS)

So I've made my mind up. KittyPuss is staying here.

Now - how to convince the catsitter....

:dance narna:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2012, 18:48:10 PM »
Sheila Kitty wont be smelling Of female hormones even if she was only done a couple of weeks ago  :hug: My guess is it could be 2-3 months ago, the fur grows much slower in cold weather.If she did have a litter at a tender age the important thing is that she not only survived but has managed to endear herself to you and is now safe and well cared for.
Your boys are upset and fighting because you have brought another cat home, I mean how would you feel if your OH brought another woman home  :rofl:
I think you are doing a wonderful job of integrating,just remember its 2 steps forward and 1 step backward so slowly does it  :hug: :hug:
Zyklene is wonderful unless poor Kitty had a bad mum,we tried Kalm Aid on vets advice and found it brilliant.

Now as for Beau`s naughty habits,young Winston has a big collapsible pen in my living room but is allowed out to play in the living room,well little swine decided to piddle on my carpet yesterday because he was determined he was not going back in his Pen and knew that the second he did I would shut him in, goes to show that cats will try all sorts to get their own way  :rofl: Beau will get there in the end  :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2012, 16:54:08 PM »
Maybe CH didnt notice like you?

Have to think if her fur has nearly grown the spey would be nearly two months ago so her hormones have died down now but dont know how long it takes for this to happen tbh.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2012, 16:11:21 PM »
I've just spotted something I need advice on  :-:

Kitty was snuggled up with her new Dad, the light on her flank showed up a patch of fur that is clearly a recent spay operation.

I did see something that was ringing bells earlier in the week - the view of her waistline from above was uneven - the fur considerably shorter on one side than the other, but I didn't make the connection (occupational hazard with 8 cats, missing the fine detail... where the devil is).

To be honest I'm a bit peeved about this - not that she's been spayed of course but that CH never mentioned she was a recent spay (and therefore will still stink of female sexual hormones). God, now I'm wondering if she's had a litter very young  :(

OF COURSE my boys are upset and fighting!

Jeez. This really does explain quite a lot.

Anyone got experience of recent spays and behaviour on integrating?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 23:39:42 PM »
Wot a little devil!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 21:04:23 PM »
So Dadz got home from work at 7.30. Kitty's been really tense with me all day, despite my attempts to laugh off her attacks I felt it appropriate to warn him  :scared:

Kitty is now ON HIS KNEE being CUTE and FABULOUS.  >:(

I told him I'm actually quite jealous and he looked at me like this  :sneaky:

Bustard !

(its a bird apparantly, with B*stard tendencies)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
Poor Sly, bad Kitty  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
Sly ate Kitty's Zylkene, then Beau ate Tufty's, Kitty won't touch hers, or anybody elses.

She's intent on doing somebody harm today - my slippers are getting a battering and poor Sly is so confused :tired:

At leest we av a noo bokks to play wiv  :clap:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »
Yes Funkie has nailed it  ;D

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
Just love all this analysis  ;D ;D

So do I - funkie's nailed it hasn't she?

She is funny lil girl! She doesnt give love & affection in return for a Slave. She makes her demands and if they're met swiftly & correctly, she will love you later! haha  :evillaugh: You are the feeder and thats what you will do...or a clawed bop on the head is what you'll get :rofl: Your OH is the affection giver, that must stop immediately once Feeder arrives, as his work is done until thy belly be filled  :rofl: she's a Diva!

I think sums it up beautifully  ;)

The feliway has just arrived, Kitty nearly got out while I was signing for the parcel -  :scared: how ironic would that have been  :-[

Will let you know how we get on with the Felifriend hand scent - never tried it before so lets see if she responds - that's if I can purrsuade her out of the box it just all came in  ;D

Kitty  :catluv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 02:57:09 AM »
Just love all this analysis  ;D ;D

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 00:20:28 AM »
I'm pleased to hear that the Bumhole on Face Invasion is being put on hold for now  :shocked:
and although not perfect, things are getting a little better?? maybe??  :shify: (apart from Beau's insistance on peeing on everything - especially if its yours!)
It definitely seems to me that Beau is making clear that you're his and he is following you and making his presence known just incase you forget about him lol (Nuggie did the same to me, but wasnt friendly about it  :rofl: )

Its good that she is sure of herself and shows she will hold her own within the group. She has a friend in Sly and that will give her some social standing/his dweemies  :evillaugh: - but if nothing else she at least company, should the others just reach the "acceptance - but not i'm not really fussed on you" point  :shify:
Sounds like they might be all bickering for their "place" and Sly is making poor Tuffs know that if it all kicks off, he's higher up in chain than she is - Tuffs might seeks revenge yet lol

Either way Kitty's got her Dad wrapped round her paw and I think he's going to want her - afterall he isnt suffering the Pee Socks or a face full of Bumhole  :sneaky:

So it could be that time will be the deciding factor - albeit slower than normal intros. Letting them all meet and mingle, play is good and then taking her out the equation, even for a short time, so the residents get their house back for a bit seems to have worked  :)  :)

It is not a sea of Peace & Tranquility here, although lots of little things & advice have helped alot amensley - but its only been just over a month and the main thing is its going in the right direction - and i think, if its going in the right direction (although not perfect) then she's going to be a stayer  :)
I hope once Beau gets the living room back, especially if thats where he'd be with you the majority of time during the day, his peeing might stop?? I hope!!  :shify:

She is funny lil girl! She doesnt give love & affection in return for a Slave. She makes her demands and if they're met swiftly & correctly, she will love you later! haha  :evillaugh: You are the feeder and thats what you will do...or a clawed bop on the head is what you'll get :rofl: Your OH is the affection giver, that must stop immediately once Feeder arrives, as his work is done until thy belly be filled  :rofl: she's a Diva!

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
Yesterday was a better day, no fights, bumholes or inappropriate pee-ing so we allowed the sitting room door to be opened and the boys swarmed in.

Lazer light play was a hoot - Kitty has almost "got" it now - she will stamp on it when  its near her but got a little phased when Sly went charging around the room like a miniature Bull  :scared:

However, she's very sure of herself, and seems to quite like Sly. Sly is being respectful having got a bop on the head for pinching her grub.

This morning has been interesting. I was woken by swish-swish-swish - Beau had pee'd on the sideboard in the bedroom, precisely targetting a pair of my clean socks I'd put out for today.  >:( He got picked up and slung out, as we have a litter tray in the bedroom just for this exact reason (he's a bit of a menace for pee-ing in the bedroom but then it is HIS room - and he's seemed content with the tray up to now) so no excuses - just bloody-minded.

Downstairs, Kitty was happy cuddling up to her Dad (OH) earlier until I came down when she swiped him and demanded food from me  :-: Then later while OH was showering and I was sitting quietly typing, she snook up behind me on the back of the couch and bopped ME soundly on the head! Claws out! Ouch!  :doh:

We've had a game of fishy-onna-stick and dug over the litter tray twice (she doesn't like how I arrange the grains so after I've scooped, she goes in and re-shuffles the litter into a pile). Then I went outside to tidy the pots on the front while she sat watching from the windowsill, howling at me. Meanwhile Sly and Tufty came outside with me to play and Sly fair battered Tuffs on the pavement. Sheesh. :tired:

Since then she's been very energetic and poking into everything so I've locked the catflap and allowed her access to the kitchen, the boys all seem to be either out or sleeping upstairs so hopefully she'll be alone for a bit.

Any behaviourists watching - I'd love a go-figure on that lot.

I've got two days working from home so this is my chance to get her used to my presence in "her" sitting room again.

Think I'll try her on some chick-chick. Wish me luck  :shy:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »
Sheila, I really hope that the issue with Beau can be resolved.

Gill, how true  :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 15:16:12 PM »
They are cute, cuddley, norty, attention seeking babies all their life and depend on us for everything and with their big eyes, velvet paws and ears they snuggle their way into our lives, even when they are not of the snuggle persuation, they still beguile us with their beauty  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 09:22:57 AM »

I feel for your OH.   :hug:

Mine said to me the other day "I wish we didn't get so attached to them........" and I knew what he meant.  We worry so much whilst Mac's out and about, and he's very much OH's Big Baby Boy in a way none of the others have been.   We do get attached to them, and in most cases it doesn't take long.  What is it about cats?   :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 09:04:22 AM »

May be a room rotation so they get the Kitty Scent Filled living room to themselves, with a view of re-opening the cat flap (whilst Kitty is safe in another room) so the Gang get rid of some pent up energy and frustration

Very good idea indeed, thank you Funkie. I have the spare room ready (Felicity-Sue was set to go in there, but when I was pipped at the post for adopting her and Kitty's behavioural monitoring became a priority, I ditched the idea of isolation in favour of human contact) but she can go in there now I know she's not going to make a bolt for the catflap whenever I open the door.

Think I'll leave it until my second Feliway diffuser arrives though - Animed are usually so quick its frightening, so it should be here tomorrow.

I did re-open the catflap after the first round of inappropriate behaviour from Beau and Sly earlier in the week, so I know it's not that that Beau is upset about, its definitely her  :( . He was better behaved last night, though (no bumholes and he did allow me to sleep without stamping on me - I wonder if its the Feliway influence  :-: ) . Meanwhile Beau follows me around the house and beds down wherever I sit - feel like I'm under surveillance and could be up on bumhole report if I put a foot wrong  :doh:

Kitty allows OH to pick her up now, so I'll make it his job to move her around the house.  He's talking about her in supportive and affectionate terms now, and looked quite hurt when I told him Kitty couldn't stay if we couldn't resolves Beau's issues with her. Poor man, I feel such a heel now. As you say, Funkie, we've got a good grasp of what Kitty likes and needs now, and she should warm to an adult household with other cats quite well, even if it's not necessarily ours.

Two weeks to go - keep that advice coming in  :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »
 :-:  Ah.  Sounds like he really is hacked off with you.   :hug: :hug:

Some good suggestions from funkie there.  :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »
oh no  :(

Sounds like Beau is jealous of his only "gurl-cat" - his meowmi! of which this intruder has taken, without permission and he is showing this with a 'no uncertain terms' top cat stance :scared:
He doesnt seem to want to share at the moment, flexed his muscles by showing how easily he can kill the tree and wee'd for good measure....  :shy:

It might make you feel better to know that Nuggie too has "punished" me for this violation of his feline rights - although I have escaped his bumhole in my face. He wanted little/no contact from me and his usual loving self was replaced by a whiny displeased cries and as long as he got fed his contact was done.
This has improved over the short weeks - but additionally Nuggie hasnt had to deal with a traumatic past involving another cat.....

I'm not experienced enough to know what to really suggest  :( - hopefully someone might have some suggestions?
What you will ultimately gain, is clearing Kitty's name of being this un-rehomeable problem cat. I just hope that with the gang dealing with their heirarchy issues and slowly Kitty getting Sly as friendly allie, things may settle down?
May be a room rotation so they get the Kitty Scent Filled living room to themselves, with a view of re-opening the cat flap (whilst Kitty is safe in another room) so the Gang get rid of some pent up energy and frustration??? again, just an inexperienced guess??
Trial & Error I think?  :Luv:

:hug:  :hug:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 15:30:28 PM »
Houston, we have a problem

Uncle Beau is not turning out to be the big softy he's shown himself to be previously with the new boys.

In fact he's decidedly unpleasant.

It's not Kitty he's targetting, it's me  :shocked: yes, ME, his beloved Meowmi is getting the gamut of Beau's displeasure.

Last night he stamped on my head as I lay sleeping, then sat on my face with his bumhole (yes, his actual bumhole - I think he may have been squatting to pee but he thought better of it when I moved), this morning he's ripped up the Valerian Tree that Kitty was playing with earlier, spraying valerian all over the floor and just now he pee'd on the coffee table right in front of me. 

I've picked him up and calmly placed him outside because I'm furious, not with him, but with myself for allowing him to have so much contact with Kitty so soon.

Beau's history with gurlcats is chequered to say the least. His soul mate, Cassie was run over when they were both just six months old. He pined for weeks, so much so I brought home another gurlcat - Cora from Cats Protection - for him to love. Biggest mistake of our lives.

He hated Cora from day one. She wasn't properly socialised. She bullied and attacked him, pee'd everywhere, stole his place on my bed and he ended up isolating himself in the airing cupboard. She was beautiful but terrible. After persevering for a whole year Cora was the one and only adoption I've ever had to return, but not before she'd ruined our lives, our home and Beau's faith in the gentler sex. I felt terribly guilty for both Cora and Beau.

Now we're away from that cat, that house, that environment, he should (after 11 years) have got over the trauma (you'd think) but the behaviour he's displaying now is exactly the same as all those years ago. The only gurlcat he really interacts with here is our old girl Pursley, she keeps a wary distance from Beau because he does chase her off the bed when I'm in it, but as she was here before I moved in with Beau 8 years ago he's never gone any further than just that. No marking or spraying, or bad behaviour towards me. Just a grudging acceptance.

I know Kitty hasn't done any of the awful things that Cora used to do to him, as she's been under human supervision every minute the residents have had access to the sitting room, but Beau's obviously expecting terrible things from her and is making his feelings very plain indeed.

I've ordered a fresh refill for my feliway in here and another one to plug in the kitchen to see if I can stop this. Bearing in mind Kitty will be one week into her three week trial tomorrow, this is not the progress I wanted to report.

Kitty on the other hand is behaving nicely. She doesn't want to leave the sitting room now. Has her dinner noisily and enthusiastically and has been making blinkey eyes at Sylvester (who is clueless what to do in return), albeit with the occasional low growl. Tease, so she is.

Here's the poor dead tree  :doh:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 19:31:34 PM »
Aww i'm glad Sly da Sly has given in and started to be good again - Peenew Da Tash says he has to be good to the newbie!  ;)  :evillaugh:

I too have only had boys....My nana had many girlies and...well yeah, they were Diva's!! I'm sure she'll have Sly tending to her every whim in no time  :evillaugh: 

I hope the Feliway Works!!  Nuggie is changed cat, no longer my dependant baby!!  :-[....based on this and for my own needy selfish reasons I might have to switch it off!!!!  :shify:  :shify:
 :rofl:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 18:38:46 PM »
As nobody has gone through my chip reading flaps I dont know how good Lupin would be at tailgating...............too good I reckon!

I think maybe where the boys are for the diffuser but could be trial and error.

Sly sounds like he is being a good boy today  :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
Tan knew what she was doing when she popped an extra Valerian toy in with my Auction winnings.  :shify:

Just reading through FunkieChicken's thread for Peanut, and it dawned on me that I've got a Feliway diffuser in the back of the cupboard, so I've dug it out. I must admit it did nothing for my previous introductions, which is why there's still some fluid left in the bottle, but maybe it will help this time.  :-:

Now, do I plug it in the kitchen with the boys or in here where the encounters are likely to occur.

Link to CatChat