Author Topic: Better late than never.... Introducing Neko! (pic heavy)  (Read 4870 times)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Re: Better late than never.... Introducing Neko! (pic heavy)
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 19:29:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing. He is a stunner!!  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: Gorgeous
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
his affectionate nickname is 'spanner' because he really isnt very bright at all bless him.

Well, I did say intelligent looking:rofl:

He's still gorgeous though!  :Luv2:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 20:01:44 PM »
intelligent looking face too. :Luv:
Sorry but had to  :rofl: there, his affectionate nickname is 'spanner' because he really isnt very bright at all bless him.  but what he lacks in mental ability he makes up in the friend making department- i have very few non-cat-people friends and he brings them toys to throw until they give in  :Luv: and he :-[ climbed a policeman that wasnt giving him enough attention-very embarrassing removing my cat from a strange policemans shoulder!!
Hes a very sweet and loving lad  :Luv:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 18:51:22 PM »
He's absolutely gorgeous (sorry, I know everyone's said that already but there's no other way to describe him!).

What a beautiful, intelligent looking face too. :Luv:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
omg he is one of the most gorgeous boys that I have ever seen  :Luv2:  :Luv2:.      What a lucky boy to be found and to be so adored!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 07:30:35 AM »
He is very much adored  :Luv:
Neko doesnt seem to feel hes had a bad start, i think maybe he sees the amazing luck hes had that allowed him to survive - thank god that was a friendly dog!  He was never wary or traumatised, hes been happy-go-lucky from the start. Hes certainly made me more of an optimist.

large quantities of Bozita can do!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

:evillaugh: colossal quantities!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 00:50:20 AM »
What a lovely story of caring and happy ending and he is gorgeous  ;D

Belated Happy Adoption Day Neko  ;D ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 23:55:56 PM »
What a gorgeous lad Neko is  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  and wonderful that after all he has been through he has a home where he is obviously adored  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 23:47:13 PM »
Couldn't reist coming back to this for another peek  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 22:41:13 PM »
What an utterly stunning pud Neko is  :wow: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: 

So glad the lady's dog found him and that you were able to follow through of course and give him a home in which to thrive :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 22:36:33 PM »
Bless him such an awful start to life  :( with a happy ending  ;D glad to hear that he is getting on so well now dispite the problems he has, sounds like he found a great mummy in you and I'm sure you will both share a wonderful life together  :)

He is an absolute stunner  :Luv: :Luv:   HAPPY ADOPTION DAY :Party 3: NEKO   :blow kiss: :blow kiss:

Denise     :hug: :hug:
Xxxx
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 22:40:02 PM by den22 »
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 22:33:57 PM »
Wow! he looks amazing - that's some transformation. Amazing what a bit of TLC and large quantities of Bozita can do!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Happy Adoption Day

Neko  :wow:

Hope you have a great day with lots of extra treats and cuddles  :) The boys insisted on throwing a mini party held in your honour  :)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
Better late than never.... Introducing Neko! (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 22:18:46 PM »
Have realised that although ive talked about him, posted occasional pics and asked for help on his tum, ive never properly introduced Neko  :-[

Neko was brought to me a year ago today as my next foster. Hed been found by a dog, in the rain, and as the owner went to move her dog from the soaked, limp pile of fur that she thought to be dead, neko managed to show her her was still with  us and thankfully this wonderful woman took neko home. as is so often the case now, the big rescues wouldnt take him and eventually she rang AARU who took him t their vet. He was very thin,distinct head tilt - thought possibly poisoned or hit by car and with severe diarrhea.

>

Hed been here about 10 minutes before i told my coordinator hed probably be staying. he had such a beautiful temperment and it felt like we bonded straight away. ive had very sick fosters before and not felt so protective of them
over the next few weeks we discovered a curved spine, blood test for liver/kidney function all came back ok, head tilt is still present when hes very excited but much improved and the vets opionin is that hes the product of inbreeding and is brain damaged to some extent.
His stomach problems where eventually found to be caused by a parasite called tritrichonomas foetus which is still relatively unknown. were very lucky that the locum vet was still studying and came across it. this was diagnosed just prior to nekos neuter op- Neko had a cryptorchid testicle (not dropped) and the vets had thought that while they were looking for it it would be a good opportunity to examine his digestive system for physical abnormalities. there was a very real fear, as he failed to respond to treatment, that his problem would be incurable or caused by inbreeding and more serious than indicated :'( Thankfully he responded very well to the tritrichonomas foetus treatment and was pronounced able to be adopted at christmas  ;D it was a horrible wait, desperate to adopt him as id been form day one and terrified that someone would take my boy away  :'(

Hes always got on well with sparecat. hes obviously no threat to her leadership and properly submissive so shes taken him on. he washes her ears and follows her about copying what shes done/doing and sleeping where shes moved from. i think it really help him develop and adapt.

christmas  sharing treats together

sleeping in sparecats christmas present opps  :-[

Neko loooooves to play fetch - this is one of the fav fetch toys

but these are the BEST toys ever!- i get brought at least one every night while i sleep

I love how hes so trusting and still sleeps like a kitten

First time in the garden

>
what pond?

So food obsessed he insisits on sleeping in a bozita box thats too small for him\

A year on, hes huge, still bony around his spine but the vet thinks it more to do with how his spine is than his weight and it may put strain on his spine if he gets overweight so its something to watch. that said, he eats a carton and a half of bozita a day  :doh: and still has a very sensitive stomach so its taken months to get him gradually used to the chicken bozita after he started to refuse the sensitive  food he had :doh: he loves dry food and can locate it anywhere but its too much for his tum so more than a kibble or 2 occasionally and weve got a mess  :sick:
Hes still not exactly litter trained- mostly but with some specific issues despite having an underbed storage box as a litter tray now but its definitely improving as time goes on
Spare cat seems to have really bonded with neko, she stays with him if hes outside in the garden and the oftern sleep inches apart- ive even one seen sparecat asleep with her head on nekos front paws!
Neko and lucifer tolerated each other initially.then when luey got a strep virus, neko played annoying kid brother and  would try to push him over so things were a little difficult for a while as luey retreated to safe places. Hes now recovered and has asserted his position with neko and theyre gradually getting closer.
Neko is still weak in his back legs. he may never be able to jump like other cats but were gradually building up those muscles by playing that encourages him to take his weight entirely on the back to catch/reach. this means that theres plenty of places luey can go that neko cant but hes sleeping more low down and trusting neko
Neko still has the same happy, trusting loving temperment he had, hes so sweet and loves meeting people- he even loves the vet and rolls about on the table for tummy rubs.and t=it is a lovely tummy to rub  :Luv:
i shudder to think of how different it could have been had it not been for the kindness and perseverence of the lady that found him and i will always be grateful to AARU for everything that they do and for not giving up. 

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 22:27:36 PM by snarf »

Link to CatChat