• Slave to: Flick, China, Piggy, Marmalade & Porridge
Re: Mollie
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 22:22:28 PM »
awww she is lush x

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 22:04:57 PM »
Mollie went for her vet check today, all is well  :) she tested negative for FIV & FELV & has started vaccinations xxx

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 23:04:12 PM »
Mollie is such a cuddlebum! Shes constantly looking for your hand to stroke her head! And shes got a habit of flopping down and showing her belly for rubs  :Luv:
Theres a blanket in her bed which she loves to snuggle in when she's settling down, its so cute, she pads at it and purrs her head off while snuggling under it!

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 20:19:01 PM »
she's gorgeous.     Hope things work out well for her  :Luv2:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 20:06:10 PM »
Beautiful girl, hope it all works out for you. Great of you to take her in, and the owner to realise whats best for Mollie is most important.

Nicky

Offline Ambi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 15:21:39 PM »
She's lovely - love tabbies :Luv2:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 14:49:58 PM »
she is lovely :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 13:05:25 PM »
Bless her she sounds so sweet and such a good girl  :Luv:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:26:22 PM »
They are still a while away from being introduced but Mollie spent her first night indoors last night, it was so windy & rainy last night I invited her in for her food and she decided to stay in (I opened the door to let her out after she had eaten and she promptly looked outside, then at me, turned around and hot-footed it up the stairs!  :innocent:

Lacie is usually shut downstairs anyway so it wasn't a problem, Mollie had the run of the landing & stairs. I put out her litter tray and bed, she had already used her litter tray when she had a look around the other day so I was confident she would use it again, which was reassuring as I have spent months redecorating the landing & stairs!

I settled her down in her bed and closed our bedroom door, I didn't hear a peep out of her all night untill 6am when she had a bit of a scratch and mew at the door but she stopped after a few minutes and then was fed when my hubby got up half and hour later.

Basically, I'm really happy because she was as good as gold so have no quarms about her being indoors at night now.  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
What a lovely girl Mollie is  :Luv:  I hope she gets on well with Lacie when they are finally able to be introduced  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 00:54:23 AM »
What a beautiful girl  :Luv: Sounds like she hunted you down  :evillaugh:

Really hope she and Lacie get on OK when the time comes :crossed:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 22:56:58 PM »
She is gorgeous and do hope it goes well  :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 22:52:32 PM »
What a gorgeous tabby lady and yes keeping MIss Lacie is the priority but careful introductions make for good times ahead hopefully for all of you ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Senior Cat
Mollie
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 22:49:01 PM »
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce Mollie  ;D

Shes 3 years old and turned up in a tree in my front garden early last week, I gave her some food as she was a little on the skinny side, which she ate in all of about 10 seconds (she was very hungry!) and then demanded lots of fuss! I asked around the street for her owner to no avail. She was there again the next day, crying on my doorstep so I fed her again and a few of my neighbours asked me if she was mine. She stayed in my garden all week so I decided to nip her up to the vets on Saturday to see if she was microchipped, and she was! The vet tried the phone numbers but couldn't get through so I said as she was from the street that mine back onto, I'd take her home myself. A nice lady greeted me at the door and was very surprised to hear Mollie was safe & well as she had been missing for 4 weeks! The lady had two other cats & two dogs and explained that Mollie had strayed before and she had done all she could to stop it (by keeping her in for a few months, by feeding her the best foods...) But she was being bullied by one of her other cats & it was obvious she didn't like the dogs as she did nothing but grumble & hiss when they were there. We had a long conversation and I offered to take her on, on a trial basis (being that my cat Lacie is my first priority & her happiness has to come first) She said that if it didn't work out, she would have her back but although she loves Mollie to bits, she'd rather her be happy in another home.

SO. Mollie came home with me again (I told my husband I had kind of just adopted her and asked if he was ok with it...he was...which is good because he didn't really have a choice!)  :innocent:
I bought her a pretty collar, bowls & treated her for fleas and worms. At the moment she is still living outside but has a very cosy & waterproof shelter. She has ventured in the house a few times (cheeky little lady trotted upstairs as if she owns the place!)
I'm going to try & get her in at the vets this week for a vet check and was thinking of getting her tested for FELV as I would hate to put Lacie's health at risk (I think getting diagnosed with diabetes, kidney disease & having an operation all in the last 18 mths is really enough for the toughest of kitties!)
If she gets the all clear she will still not be allowed to meet Lacie until she has fully healed from her op as I'm worried that she won't accept her as it is, nevermind when shes not feeling on top form.
But if the weather is too bad for her to stay out, I'll kick the bunny out of her room and she can sleep in there at night.

Its early days yet but we'll have to see how it goes, Mollie is a lovely little cat and will have a loving forever home either with me or someone equally as nice.  ;)

Link to CatChat