Author Topic: One ofthe cats brought in a kill to train Gaudi's hunting skills  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Lady Magic

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Treacle & Toffee
Re: One ofthe cats brought in a kill to train Gaudi's hunting skills
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 13:17:41 PM »
Big H ( Harley) my last cat used to bring me live mice and let them run all over the bed until I caught them  :rofl: :rofl: I once had one run up my arm as I slept and dive bomb me down between my boobs  :censored: OMG did I scream and jump out of bed .........followed by hubby who thought the house was on fire and Harley who just sat and looked at us both in amusement  :evillaugh:
He once brought in two baby mice and put them in my ankle boot      :evillaugh:         they were to small to get out and it was sheer luck I put my hand in to check ..................finding live mice in ones boot makes one jump rather !!!!!!

Still I suppose with two holligans now I've twice the enjoyment later on to look forward to  :Luv2:

Ami and her 'boys' ........treacle says 'hello' as he's helping me type this as I write !!!!!
RIP our beloved friends :
Harley , Barclay, Tor & Goldie forever chasing bunnies, birds & bones  in heaven.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 07:30:19 AM »
I swear my boys sometimes bring me live presents just so they can have a laugh at me running round trying to catch the things  :shify:   :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 21:31:26 PM »
The boys are 4 and have NEVER caught anything (they only have access to catproofed garden so not much opportunity thankfully).

My two childhood cats probably caught 10 birds/mice between them in the whole of their lives! Although in that haul was a russian hamster which lived for nearly two years and also a budgie that was fine and got rehomed (my Mum wouldn't let us keep it  :( )

Benji and 'his' hamster - Abraham(ster)

Riley is however a VERY good spider catcher and eater  :naughty:

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 21:24:04 PM »
I have too many good hunters now, I find at least a mouse or bird a week, often more.....  :sick:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 21:19:46 PM »
Yuk! I am soooo lucky that my 'gifts' are only toy mice and the odd sweet wrapper!

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
One ofthe cats brought in a kill to train Gaudi's hunting skills
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 13:09:24 PM »
One of the cats brought in a kill and left it for Gaudi to find.
The little man needed no training...

He defends 'his' prey very well

We cleared it away, but he kept searching for it for quite a while.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 13:09:49 PM by Jiskefet »

Link to CatChat