Author Topic: Helpppppppp my phone is down...updates will be here and have finally found a BT number for mobiles  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Thanks Mary and cant believe you still havent got your parcel................you need a door bell lol

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Sorry Gill just seen this - so glad you've got it sorted - so frustrating,as bad as my parcel I am still waiting for - they tried again on Sat, p.m. and left a card saying they will come Monday so I re-arranged Bonnie's booster and waited in all day - NOTHIN. So I sent an email and asked for it to be directed to the Customer Services Director.

I was just praising BT believe it or not .  They emailed me 2 days ago to say they would be upgrading the network in my area and would be finished by 6.00 p.m.

I came on here at 6.30 and as promised in the email it is faster - hope it lasts  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Yes its sorted JS  :thanks:

Liz there is no internal fault as said below, I am not made of money and have no intention of getting a new mobile when I only use it very very occasionally and so little I dont know how it works othjer than to make a call and answer one. £20 lasts me about 4 yrs.

The BT site was completely useless cos it said I didnt have a fault on the line and I did and the cabling here in the area is very very old and they have no intention of changing it and I am only a mile from the local exchange.

All wiring, telephone and electric comes into the houses overhead and connects to underground wiring for telephones from there. The mess in my porch is a red herring and has probably been there for well over 10 yrs but needs a ladder and a torch to get at and I am not well enough for that right now.

For anyone who is interested the Bt fault number from mobiles it is 800 800 154 and last night the stupid site which took 2 hrs to find then cost me another 2 hrs searching for a fault inside that I didnt have. Now I have to crawl around reconnecting the extension

They could have rung me on my landline when they fixed the fault cos there is an answer machine but they didnt!!

They also have not rung or left a message on my mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are a useless waste of space!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
I haven't paid a full years line rental since moving in  :evillaugh: and a lot depends on how far from the exhange you are - we are 4.9kn and the maximum distance for houses and business's is 5km so we are never going to have superfast anything :rofl:

Does depend on what they give you as to whose fault it is and they always seem to think its internal here but have had all the sockets replaced on several occassions as we have been hit by lightening 5 times and also had Sky+ boxes replaced when that happens to
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
How is this going? Is it sorted? Our phone line was down for 5 days recently so I demanded a discount. Not paying for a service I'm not getting!  ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Gill if all the wiores are hanging out of the main socket in to the house then it will give an intermittant fault till they match the wires - we have 8 lines under the house and all they do now if we have a fault is change the colour of the wires under the utility room then match it to the ones in the main socket

My phone was off for 5 days 2 weeks ago and fault is our SKy socket on the inside of the house so unplugged all that got them to change wires again and its never been better

Fault service also said to me it was on their bit of stuff  then found to be internal, as you still had internet access would say fault is probably in your internal wiring and they will charge to fix that unless fault is on the main socket in the house

Also BT website is easily navigated I reported mine on my mobile phone access, also now may be the time to think about updating your mobile to something newer with a bigger screen.  BT will call you back to as I get calls and texts and our phone is down at least tiwce a year due to our rural location and men cutting the grass verges as cables not deep enough in the ground

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Well thats what they said and I stoooooooooopidly said they could send me text messages, was a bad idea cos not very good at reading them!

They may have said they would ring me if I had waited cos thats a much better idea.........just lost without the phone and feel helpless

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
I have eventually found a Bt number for mobiles, all automated sadly cos would like to give them a piece of my mind!

On the website I found they said no fault but on the automated service they say there is a fault within their juristication and its being passed to faults but could take 3 days to repair grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Only just seen this - I know just how you feel, when I had all my probs with the phone line it was soooooo frustrating!  :Crazy: So its definitely a fault on their side then?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thank you so much to the only person who offered to help, have pmed you  :hug: :hug:

I have eventually found a Bt number for mobiles, all automated sadly cos would like to give them a piece of my mind!

On the website I found they said no fault but on the automated service they say there is a fault within their juristication and its being passed to faults but could take 3 days to repair grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So now having lost the whole evening and not eaten or done anything, I may as well just jump under a passing vehicle.................I am soooooooooooooo  :censored: off

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Helpppppppp my phone is down
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 22:44:05 PM »
Not a clue what you are saying Liz, is there something missing?

Thanks Jiskefet after many searches came up with right place but still no good cos they say there is no fault and have tried another phone and everything is dead as a dodo and without being able to talk with some one this is useless.

There are no phone boxes anywhere and right now I am totally cut off cos dont use mobile hardly ever as it costs too much and battery runs down quickly. So people dont have my mobile number.

Living rurally has major handicaps and I was on phone when it went down and loads of crackling that was sorta pulsing.

I know someone on Purrs had major problems with their phone and cant remember who...........Gillian maybe?

Dont know how it was resolved but I dont have the sorta socket with a test part.

But do need someone who can tell me which colour wires go into which bit cos there is a mass of them in the porch coming from the outside wire, at some time long before me someone broke some socket open there and rewired to the plug I have, so in process of elimination if its not out side, and not inside it must be there!  I guess!!

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 21:54:15 PM »
Gill if you are still able to access Purrs on line you can report your phone out of order to

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 21:51:10 PM »
And no way to report it over the internet or by email, I presume...
Very irritating...

Sounds like Dutch telecom is more up to date.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 21:30:40 PM »
Mobile is useless, cant call Bt operatpr and need landline as only have very old pay as you go

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 21:28:34 PM »
That is where a mobile phone comes in handy.....
(hehe, just realized that is an unintended pun, a mobile is called a 'Handy' in German  :briggin:)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Is there someone who can report my phone to BT?

If you pm me I can give details

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 23:01:23 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat