Author Topic: Ela or any other CPL bod who can help please!  (Read 2050 times)

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: Ela or any other CPL bod who can help please!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 08:50:33 AM »
Thanks Ela, will try that route. Will be tonight however, got to go to work now, someone around here has got to supply the kitekat!  :(
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »
Howver I did email CPHQ over the weekend as I was so incensed and not even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement, never alone anything else!

I cannot understand it, whenever I mail them they get back to me in minutes, please try vouchers@cats.org.uk Otherwise as I say get back to me.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 08:38:28 AM »
Well, I did ask the lady to call CPHQ, if she has or not I could tell you as I ahve not yet caught up with her. Howver I did email CPHQ over the weekend as I was so incensed and not even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement, never alone anything else!  >:(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 07:20:52 AM »
I do hope that the costs have been met,

If they are not they will be.  ;D I have gone thousands of pounds over budget now so a bit more won't make much difference. Money well spent I say.

Offline witchlady

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 23:45:43 PM »
Hello, I am so sorry that the local cp groups response was so upsetting, it gives us local volunteers a bad name, sadly there are just some people who are not at all people friendly, hoping this is a one off and that the person involved is taken to task on this attitude. I do hope that the costs have been met, i can only speak for my own local group when I say we always respond positively to requests for help funding neutering and spaying, preferring to pay the entire cost.
follow me i am right behind you

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 21:04:46 PM »
Thank you Ela, I will call ber tomorrow.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 21:02:29 PM »
You are not wrong and CP can now even give vouchers to reputable charities. CP note on vouchers:-

7.      Eligibility. Yellow Vouchers may be issued to anyone in genuine need of our financial assistance, this includes students, anyone in receipt of means-tested benefits and those reliant on pensions or low wages. However, if, in your opinion, the cat would not be neutered if we did not help, then please do issue a voucher. They may also be used to assist other reputable feline welfare groups (should the need arise). Our only priority is to reduce the population of unplanned, unwanted and abandoned cats in the UK.
There is of course the normal Blue neuter vouchers value  £20 and the Pink spay vouchers value £26.

I would suggest she contact CP HQ and reports the branches attitude and then asks for the voucher dept and see if the will send her a vouchers.

If there is a problem please get back to me.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Ela or any other CPL bod who can help please!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 20:51:43 PM »
A couple of months ago I rehomed two kittens one of each sex to a lovely home. The lady then called me a couple of days ago to say thay financially they have hit problems with short time working etc (as most people are now) and the cats will be due neutering in December. I gave her the contact details of the local CPL to see if they could assist, as we are a small independent charity that do not have the resources to assist those on low incomes.

I have spoken to her again tonight and she is quite upset by the attitude of the woman who she spoke to at the local branch. She says that she was quite nasty with her and told her that the neutering of the kittens was our responsibility.

While I accept this to a certain degree, I cannot understand why the CPL volunteer had to be that nasty to this woman to the point of upsetting her so much and why it was just an outright refusal to help, after all the branch is not shy in giving our details out for help when they are full!  >:(

Can someone clarify please just what the situation is? I thought the CPL was there to help or am I wrong?

Link to CatChat