Author Topic: homing  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: homing
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 09:24:14 AM »
I'm sure the way the money situation is going more and more will not be able to afford the pets and they will be out its so sad

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 18:57:12 PM »
I do the phones on Thursday which is usually the dead day and I had 4 calls for rehoming all this afternoon.

Moved into flat and weeing - 2 cats to rehome, allergy one cat to rehome (4 month old), stray can we take it in, social services can we take a cat in for someone that can't cope.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 13:34:15 PM »
 I dont think we will ever decline in numbers, we seem to find homes for two and end up with three coming in, and we cant find homes for kittens, but we do have 4 going to homes this weekend and people coming to look at at kittens this weekend so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »
long may your rehoming rates continue at this rate Ron... and fingers crossed for a slight decline in numbers coming in!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 13:56:22 PM »
terrible, I do hope that woman learns some sense now!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:17:45 AM »
Glad rehoming is doing well Ron, even if the space isn't staying free for very long. Fingers crossed with the kittens - we have the opposite here, everyone wants kittens and not adults, and I had one person think that a 15wo kitten was too old. Hope you can get the lady on benefits sorted, poor mum cat.
Please spay your cat

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
homing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 00:21:44 AM »
We have Re homed over 25 cats in the last few weeks, its the best we have done for a very long time, But we have 4 Mums with Kittens and 20 other little kittens in our Pens that had been Dumped >:( no one Seems to want kittens only older cats two lots were left on peoples doorsteps >:( >:( others we have trapped with mums who were pregnant again >:( >:( two we took in today were three months old from a lady who was giving them up as she could not afford to feed them on her benefit money but the poor mum had had kittens again, she said she thought she could sell them and make up her benefit money so I don't think it will be to long before she is on the phone again where do these people get there brains from >:( >:(.

Link to CatChat