Author Topic: Sad call Sharon took on Friday  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Sad call Sharon took on Friday
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 13:12:52 PM »
Oh dear taht didnt work as planned. This puss cat has now come into our care and is being operated on today.. I have named him Floyd..

Two cats with two large vets bills currently setting us back £600 quid!! September is going to be an very expensive month..!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:53:12 AM »
Fingers crossed for them all - when I had my week off, my vets had a 3mo kitten brought in after being hit by a car, luckily the vet took him home to recover and they had had 4 offers of a home, so he didn't have to come through us.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »
Is this the Aussie vet? - I know her wanted a kitten a while ago.

Sad about the other ones but I know have to tread very carefully with inside info.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »
The kitten is being treated by the vets after it was signed over to them. ... The bill was several hundred quid but the vets are doing this and it looks like one of the vets is going to adopt the wee one.. Other then that we have a place open for the kitten, although having to take on Suki bills (broken pelvis etc) isnt doing our finances much good and if the vets will take on then it would help us... ITs the aftercare thats the problem.. The kittten was 8wks old, tortie tabby and white.

While here, my niece told me about a desperately thin cat at her vets, brought in a few days ago.. He can hardly stand.. Although he eats okay.. I did try to see if she could find out more, as she thinks he may be hyperthyroid although no test taken to prove this. FIV etc were fine.. I just have a feeling that they will give up on him and he may just be PTS before they even try to find out... Very friendly... black boy.. Makes on get terribly sad.... I cannot just ring vets and say "BTW you have a poorly puss in your care, can we help" ? Maybe they will come to us... But poor mite deserves a chance, any other vet and we may of been contacted... Another vet i heard about has a diabetic cat in their care, that the owners wanted PTS as they couldnt handle the diabetes,again i know this unofficially but what can you do?
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 02:16:05 AM »
I would like to break her bloody neck  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Sad call Sharon took on Friday
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 23:08:18 PM »
I thought Sharon would post but I think she is busy. On Friday, a woman took a 6 week old kitten to one of our vets saying "The dog did something to it" on examination, the kitten had a broken leg  :'( THIS HAD HAPPENED ON THE MONDAY  >:( - usual scenario, kitten left at vet as they won't pay for treatment  >:(

The vet is doing what they can and no doubt Sharon will update. I really would string these "people" up  >:(

Can you imagine the pain this poor baby went through having a broken leg for 5 days?

Anyone that neglects a sick or injured animal is the scum of the earth  >:(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 23:10:29 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat