Author Topic: homing  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: homing
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 22:28:38 PM »
Wow, i love those kind of people, we had one this week, she ended up with kittens even though she would have taken whatever helped us most, although they are semi feral kittens. iT is hard to tell with cancer in the leg, if Tiger hadn't had arthritic hips, she would have had to have her leg amputated, as it is really the only way to make sure it doesn't spread.

IT isn't good when that happens Ron, but i still prefer to do things on an individual basis rather than a blanket policy, especially as two of our fosterers have children, although only one under the age of 5. I do get cats in that I Wouldnt' home with children, I think the two current fosters are going to need child free homes, one has been around children, but think she was bothered by the kids, dogs and other cats to the point she would prefer not to see any again. Charlie is just very nervy, so think he might prefer none, but I might borrow Rachels daughter to see their reaction.
Please spay your cat

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 22:20:30 PM »
 We have taken in so many cats and kittens lately that have been trormitisde by young children I just cant take that chance anymore I do agree not all young children are the same its really up to the Mum and Dad to teach them but as i put in a post the other day I had a lady telling me thats what kittens are for children to play with and got right snotty when i told her they are not Toys

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 22:11:54 PM »
Yes indeed Desley certaintly fate played a hand there. One of those few people that ring up and dont want anything young or easy to rehome but the one most in need..

I havent seen him but one of our fosterers works for the vets as a receptionist and she has and is the one that told me about him.. he is going to a rural  home with no kids around..

Sadly if the old owners had brought him in earlier to the vets he maybe wouldnt of ended up loosing his leg.. as by then it was too far advanced... All because they just couldnt be bothered.. it amazes me some peoples lack of compassion... The vets have done all this for free and will vac and chip him as long as he finds a nice home... We dont generally use this vet that much but they have proved to be really nice to deal with which is  a change sometimes.

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 22:02:49 PM »
That is such a heartwarming story Sharon, i am glad there is such a good outcome for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 22:00:56 PM »
I recently rehomed a 3 legged puss cat. That was abandoned at the vets with four legs but he had cancer in one leg and the owners were not prepared to pay or care for him.. He ended up loosing his leg but is doing well. Two days later i have someone who is going to see him on Thur and adopt him on Monday. He is 10yrs old plus and called Beau..

Amazing turn around and the vets were thinking that no one would take on a 3 legged puss cat and there was brief talks about PTS.. Luckily we convinced them otherwise
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline purrlover

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 21:56:13 PM »
I totally agree with Des on this one it is not the age of the child but how they have been brought up. My daughter is 8 now but we have had animals all her life and she is great with them and what does it say really when people ring and say they need to give up their cat as they have a new baby for example are we not reenforcing it by saying we won't home to family with kids under 5. My daughter even at 4 had nothing but respect for animals and used to do the horse etc with me even at that age. Sorry if this upsets anyone but something I feel really strongly about if we don't bring our children up with animals and teach them to respect them then we have to take some responsibility when they do nasty things. Not every young child treats animals badly.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 21:34:55 PM »
Glad homing is still doing well Ron. I actually dont agree with not homing to people with kids under 5, i dont think they magically get better on their 5th birthday, and I think that having pets in the family helps them to grow into animal lovers, and we need a lot of the next generation to be animal lovers.
Please spay your cat

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 21:32:31 PM »
 Homing is still going well we have re homed two more cats so far this week and have got three more going out on Saturday and its only Tuesday, Had a bit of a upset with one of our helpers because we wont home a kitten or a cat with a child under 5 years old in the family, but there isso much cruelty lately in the local papers, i only read to day about kids using a poor hedgehog as a football luckily some one called the RSPCA they had left the poor little mite in a Rubbish Bin for dead but it was got to a vet in time but suffered internally bruising >:( >:( >:( I know what i would like to do to the litte :censored: :censored:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 13:02:48 PM »
glad to hear you've had a good couple of weeks for homing Ron.  Long may it continue!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:46:21 AM »
my friends from Hove phoned me yesterday Ron, they said you have loads of kittens - you'll have to work harder on getting him back to see them!!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 17:14:27 PM »
Glad things are picking up Ron, we have had a really good week too, fortunately not that many coming in instead, although we are waiting to hear about 7 kittens.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 16:43:00 PM »
 :heeee heeee: Too right Ron  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
homing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 15:35:44 PM »
 Its great news we have found loving homes for 14 cats in the last two weeks :Crazy: but must admit about three were in pairs  ;) still would love it to be the same again in the next two weeks, But they still keep bringing in lost and abandoned cats and kittens, we have seven kittens one mum and her kitten and a mum with five 3 week old kittens and a pregnant mum about to have her litter any day now and about 30 cats :Crazy: but we are homing cats no one seems that intrested in the kittens only the ones with small children and i wont let a kitten go if the child is to young, one Lady said that,s what kittens are for young children to play with :censored: when told they were not toys she was vary huffy about it. But they never got a kitten or cat from us Rons :rules:.

Link to CatChat