Author Topic: Pregnant cat (heavily!) at my work (warrington), can anyone help?  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Pregnant cat (heavily!) at my work (warrington), can anyone help?
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 03:19:37 AM »
I was on my way to Warrington today and got a phone call off Nicola who was feeding the pregnant cat.  It turns out she hasn't been seen since and she does think that someone owns her, she said she's in really good nick apart from being pregnant  >:(  Hopefully she's gone back home to have her babies and the owners have the sense to get her spayed.  I have to say I was relieved to say the least, that is if she does have an owner......I really can't take any more at the moment and am going to have to say no until I get my numbers down, I am stretched to the limit both financially and emotionally and really need a break from it all  :tired:  If when Dawn gets back off her hols, it turns out she is a stray, I'll get her sorted but fingers crossed she's got a loving home  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 17:36:37 PM »
The injured feral has now been caught and is in my vets  :)  She is absolutely gorgeous, a smokey blue/white, just  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Not sure how bad her injury is yet as I couldn't see it but she's in pretty poor shape, extremely skinny and possibly pregnant.  She's going to be sedated tomorrow and have a proper check up whilst under, if she's not too far gone and is strong enough, she will be spayed when she has her op.  If she's too weak, she will be treated for her injury and left to have her babies.  It's hard to know what to do as Siobhan said she may be too weak to go through her pregnancy but may be too weak for an anaesthetic  :'(  I'm leaving it for them to decide tomorrow when they can check her properly  :shy:   The main thing is she's now caught and can be treated, we've just got another kitten to catch now, another female possibly and a male  :tired:  I'll probably be going over to Warrington on Monday to trap the pregnant one, so much to do and so little time to do it  :shocked:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »
I think they may be just saying it to look tough but I don't know.  Not heard anything off Liz so it doesn't look like she's caught her yet.  Sean's going away next week so I want to try and get her in asap for a checkover so fingers crossed, I'll get a phone call later  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 09:46:23 AM »
god Dawn what sick people, hope you catch her, sounds like she has had a really horrible life so far

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 17:09:21 PM »
With the other cat I need to sort, just had the lady down to pick my trap up and it sounds like mum needs veterinary treatment.  Apparently she's one year old, this is her 3rd litter and she's preggars again but she said she was hobbling on 3 legs last week and it looks like her tail has been skinned  :'(  Sounds like it's been caught on something or possibly run over by a  :censored: that works there, she disappeared for a few days but has now come back.  Kittens are very skinny and have been eating moths etc, poor little babes  :'(  She said mum could go back once she's sorted out but under the circumstances, I will find somewhere for her.  She said she's definitely not been handled but some of the guys in work being typical  :censored:  :censored: have been goading each other by saying run that  :censored: cat over  >:(  >:(  >:(  Under the circumstances it's best that Liz catches them, otherwise I can see myself seeing my  :censored: good style, why do they have to act like total pratts thinking they look so hard  :censored:  :censored:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 17:10:08 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 16:10:56 PM »

Definitely :loon: I reckon  :sneaky:

:slap:  Don't be cheeky, you're not meant to agree with me  :sneaky:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 16:08:37 PM »
Dawn you are amazing

I think  :loon: is more appropiate  :evillaugh:

Definitely :loon: I reckon  :sneaky:

We have a "no feed" policy apparently (or so I was told when I tried feeding the old Feral and had to sneak the food into the bushes!) but thankfully some people here don't care  :Luv:

Dawn, when I saw her she was hunkered down over a bowl of food so that might've made her belly look bigger than it is (hopefully! :wish: ) I am  not very good with guessing how far a cat is by the belly as I  haven't seen many pregnant cats!

The service desk girls are bringing more food in tomorrow to make sure she has lots over the weekend. Shes had two pouches of Whiskas that I know of today  :Luv2: I said to feed her as much as she'll eat as she's expecting.

I've just spoken to the girl from the office whose details I gave you Dawn, she showed me some piccies of her lovely siamese  :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 16:04:52 PM »
I'm not over worried, if she is feral and so is her sibling, there are going to be others round there so anyone of them could be the father, it's turning into a  :censored: nightmare and surprisingly it was my local rescue that gave my number out  :sneaky:  :censored:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 15:59:28 PM »
you'll have to get your son into the army sooner at this rate!   don't like the sound of the sibling father, poor little kittens

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 15:54:44 PM »
I think my shed has got to be sorted out  :tired:  Just had another phone call, mum and 2 kittens, kittens are approx 12 weeks old, workplace has decided they have a no feed policy when it comes to ferals and looks like mum cat is pregnant again  :oh noo:  One kitten has been caught and the security are trying to catch the other, the lady said the mum looks like a miniature persian and her sibling is the father  :tired:  Oh the joys  :shocked:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 15:36:26 PM »
possibly but still amazing!  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 15:28:54 PM »
Dawn you are amazing

I think  :loon: is more appropiate  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 15:25:03 PM »
fingers crossed you get her before she drops - Dawn you are amazing

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 15:23:55 PM »
I hope she holds them in as well if she's as big as you say she is  :shocked:  I've got my trap out at the moment but I'll get it back and try and pop over probably Monday, it's a shame no ones there on a weekend as I could have popped over after work  :tired:  If I get all my jobs out of the way today I may even see what happens tomorrow.

Dawn you are a star, what would all these kitties do without you?  :hug:

I'm not sure Dawn but I know I would be a lot saner and have a lot more money  :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 15:20:11 PM »
Fingers crossed mummy cat can hold them in for the next few days and give you a bit of time!

Dawn you are a star, what would all these kitties do without you?  :hug:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 15:18:20 PM »
I can put her in the shed for now and if need be put a plea out to get her in somewhere.   It's difficult with the pregnant ones as once they've had their babies outside, it's finding out where or waiting for them to appear with the babies.  This makes it so much more difficult and sometimes it's a nightmare with them, I prefer to get them whilst pregnant if I can and take it from there.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 15:14:55 PM »
I've only been on the sidelines of all of this rescue stuff for a couple of years but swear it is getting worse - I hope DD can help, poor little cat - enjoy sweden!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 15:11:52 PM »
Wellllll... the lovely cat was not ignored but more put to the bottom of a 300 cat long waiting list  :sneaky:

Warrington CP say they are full to bursting  :(

Think it might end up being DD to the rescue on this one  :hug: All Dawn's together eh?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 15:09:48 PM »
not much help then, I knew you'd get involved in this one Dawn but didn't mention you because I know you've got cats coming out of your ears at the moment! 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 15:06:59 PM »
Didn't Mark or Sharon once say that cp wouldn't ignore a pregnant stray, might be worth a go

That may be true in some cases but most of the pregnant cats I get in, the people have been onto CP before they've contacted me and they've been informed they have no room and they will put them on the waiting list  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 15:09:24 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 14:34:58 PM »
Dawn, if you get stuck give me a shout, I may be able to persuade Sue to take her in for a few weeks, if not, I'll sort something somewhere for her  :hug:  I'm on the same number if you want to bell me  :hug:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 14:22:30 PM »
 :thanks: Dawn,

I found the number of Warrington CP - I'll let you know what they say  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 14:19:18 PM »
they do now!

Didn't Mark or Sharon once say that cp wouldn't ignore a pregnant stray, might be worth a go

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 14:15:21 PM »
I feel really sad because if I wasn't on holiday this week I would be able to do something more  :( I think they've been feeding her for a while but I only found out today.

Service Desk people didn't know I was a "cat lady"   :sneaky:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 14:13:37 PM »
face it Dawn once you're down as a cat lady there's no going back, I should know!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 14:10:00 PM »
Everyone was saying "awww" and I was saying "Poor cat, should be spayed, going to be a problem if they all stay unspayed/neutered" etc etc I think they thought I was a bit  :Crazy:

I don't know if anyone here would go through trapping/fostering etc.

If anyone needs more info on where I work PM me.

I work on a site that is accessible by anyone (in the way that you can walk around our site, not the buildings themselves obv  :shy: )

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 14:08:06 PM »
oh Dawn, can anyone keep it in a spare room poor thing, wish I was nearer

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Pregnant cat (heavily!) at my work (warrington), can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 14:05:06 PM »
I have just been into an office in my work where the staff are feeding a cat (with a huuuuge preggers belly)

She is part of the feral colony that live around here.

Can anyone help?  :shify: Unfortunately I am off on Holiday tomorrow or I would be asking if anyone has a trap I can borrow. I am not sure how to tell how far gone a cat is but her tummy is quite big - I don't know if I it can wait until I am back.

Just want some advice really on what I can do. Should I try and get the mum + babies when I am back?? Is that too late?  :-[

Link to CatChat