Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »
Thanks Christine and Tiga.

Have emailed the papers with the website link and told them to contact Nicky directly, and have sent Tigas contat details to Nicky too.

What's Radio Wave, CS?

Christine, have had a response frm the Blackpool Citizen saying they'd be happy to run an article next week. Hopefully Nicky will have a few spare minutes to give them a call!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 13:47:22 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 17:30:52 PM »
Lancashire Telegraph, 01254 678678 Editor Andrew Turner, aturner@lancashirenewsquest.co.uk Assistant News Editor Robert Calderbank robert.calderbank@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk

The Gazette (Blackpool), 01253 400888 Editor Jon Rhodes, jon.rhodes@blackpoolgazette.co.uk

Blackpool & Fylde Citizen Series, 01253 626948 Editor Chris Gee cgee@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk News Editor Jane Willis jwillis@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk

Let us know how they get on.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 19:50:56 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 18:31:01 PM »
Christine, not a terrible idea at all. If you get me the editors details I'll either pass them on or contact them myself for Nicky.(the VN) :)

Oops, have had to be out all day and just got back on.  Will get the gang onto this tomorrow and find out the various editors details for you, JS  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »
She could try getting in touch with Radio Wave and see if they'll run anything.
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 11:34:35 AM »
Eeep. But this is a small rescue set up by one lady and I think the influx has been a bit bigger this year.

Thanks for all the input. :)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 07:01:54 AM »
We once had 50 kittens 49 were black or black & white.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 23:13:21 PM »
JackSpratt - I have messaged you with my details if Nicky is interested.

Cheers

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 22:56:36 PM »
Tiga, it's not a rescue centre. It's a VN that takes on cats and kittens for various reasons, but she did say her camera was on the fritz so that offer might be helpful to her. :) I think a few people help her by fostering.

Christine, not a terrible idea at all. If you get me the editors details I'll either pass them on or contact them myself for Nicky.(the VN) :)

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 19:39:20 PM »
I am going up to Blackpool on Saturday and leaving on Monday. I would be happy to take my digital camera and visit the rescue. I could take pictures and write a press release for them while I'm up there. (I'm in PR and marketing). I could send it out to the various local papers next week either hard copy or electronically. I could actually do a couple of releases/stories that could be sent out over the next few weeks to keep the interest up.

Let me know if they would be interested. I will be up in Blackpool from about Sat lunch time.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 19:24:47 PM »
Local paper?  If they contact the editor, he can run a story - August is a lean time for news - and perhaps raise some funds at the same time.  They will be able to emphasise about home checks, life-long commitment and so on.

I can look up the editors details tomorrow if they dont know  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 19:03:35 PM »
Blackpool Cats in Care currently have 18 pure black kittens in for rehoming and are having trouble finding safe new homes. Anyone got any tips on heightening their profile other than a website?

Link to CatChat