Author Topic: Do we have a sign on the Gate!!!!  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Do we have a sign on the Gate!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 22:01:36 PM »
Due to Robin forgetting to shut Blues door this morning he spent the day in the big wide world of the indoor cats!

I left him this morning behind our bed with Sabtrina and her boy Boston - both feral tabbies and he seemed fine but Sabrina rules the inside cats now Miss G is at the Bridge and good luck to anyone who crosses her - we take about 40 mins twice a year to get her in a crush cage for routine vet visits!  Last new vet asked if he could remove her from cage and weigh her - no says I as she will shred you and trash the place - she has done it before to a vet nurse who forgot to bring her round from an op last year and then phoned in a panic as they couldn't discharge any cats as Sabrina had the cat section of the surgery to ransome - Robin and a pair of welding gauntlets soon solved that problem and now they pay attention to us when we say securely lock crush cage before waking up!!!!!!!!!

Blue is currently in the catroom downstairs with another feral Sailor took us 2 years to get him in a crusher for the vet to inject still he is improving slowly at his opwn pace shame really as his siter is a tortie stalker who has her full indoor/outdoor privilages and adores human company!   
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
sounds like he is settling in Liz, hope you had a good birthday btw

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »
pleased to hear that things are going well with Blue Liz.  look forward to picces... when he decides to let you see more than just his ears! lol ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Do we have a sign on the Gate!!!! - Blue Update
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 21:39:02 PM »
Well Blue has now been here for 13 days and was on my birthday card yesterday so guess that means he is now a Clan Cat - currently we let him out of the downstairs study in the evening and put him back at bed time

He is still hissy but has now discovered the cupboards in the kitchen and is currently sleeping next to our white pawed tabby Brady - he will be surprised when he wakes up as he is very much a solitary cat!

Robin didn't have the heart to put him back outside and now all we  have to do is catch Red for the colour set!  red however has different idea's and is currently sitting on top of the trap so who knows if he will go in

The Eau de Blue is also lessening - boy do you forget what an unneutered Tom cat smells like and he is now neutered! 

Will hopefully get a picture of him soon but currently all we are seeing is his ears!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 18:57:56 PM »
I leave Robin in charge for one day and Blue is now in the Wigwam in the downstairs study - so much for the cage rest!

He is doing okay and we have had one in the gritbox and another in the wicker cat bed so I think we are winning!

he is still hissy but so are some of my own lot so will do as vet said and give him 2 weeks and wait and see :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 09:43:48 AM »
Good luck with him Liz.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 22:24:16 PM »
still doing everything in his bed and sleeping in fine clumping clay litter! 

Why is it they do that!  :stupid:

See my avatar... it took me weeks to convince these kittens that the litter tray was not their bed.  :sigh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
fingers crossed that things work out for you Liz.  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Blue's update
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 22:00:37 PM »
Just to say that Blue is still hissing but did play with the feather stick with Robin and the welding gauntlets!

He is eating for Britain and still doing everything in his bed and sleeping in fine clumping clay litter!  Still at least I am wound free today and he is now on a catnip sac so should be a bit mellow for his top up before bedtime!

He has also managed to move Smudger to the upstairs study - quite a feat in its self but he has bought his wooly sheep upstairs to and is now cuddling it on the futon, Ragamuffin is on the other study chair and Miss Cissy is in the In tray!

We are waiting to see if we will return Blue to the outside world but he is at least not playing with his wound!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 13:24:31 PM »
Oh Liz how horrible, glad you Dad is able to help out a bit

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 13:19:41 PM »
Sadly at the moment it is for us as I am under threat of redundancy and its making things a bit tight till we know - 30 day consulation pepriod starts on Monday

Still my Dad has now said he will pay for Sky as he adores the boy and it will make things a bit easier as now Skys chop fund will turn in to Zooplus Cans and Hills biscuits for all of them - dogs included so it may last a month on the wet food side and about 2 on the biscuit front - we order 60kgs from RC and Hills on alternate months and it only lasts a month as this lot eat 2kgs a day - this doesn't include Beijing Baby's food either! :-:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »
money is always the down side though innit Liz?  it would be so nice to have an endless fund?  (in our dreams!)

keeping fingers crossed for the boys and hope things pan out OK.  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
The Drugs have now worn Off!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 20:06:23 PM »
Well Blue was well behaved this morning and had his breakfast saucer and another tim of A/d with some biscuits - Cue this evening and the drugs seem to have worn off - he is sleepoing in his litter tray having used his bed as a grit box and is hissing for Britain but stops when you put food in although his warning paw was quicker than me so have a scratched had to go with his bite from yesterday morning and the scratch through the crush cage bars on my foot - all on my right side!

He seems brighter though and seems to like Robin more than me - I did afterall remove his bits!!!

His mate Red a long haired ginger fella - going through a colour theme at the moment was cornered by Sky earlier - he looks like our Phoenix who Sky adores and plays with - he is currently in the garage eating his tea and will hopefully pop in to a trap soon then all the outside boys we know about will be done but not this month as we have Gracie and the Kits and Blues op to pay for oh and Sky is also going for the Chop so not much left out of £500 and I haven't even been paid yet!!!!! :Crazy:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
good on you Liz.... at least someone is looking out for the little ones!    hope all goes well with Blue, look forward to updates on the wee fella! :)

:hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 20:55:21 PM »
Well Blue is home and a little hissy but nicely ensconced in the dog crate in the downstairs study with a litter tray a nice hooded bed and he has eaten a tin of A/d - think Miss gracie is lending a helping paw as she is the only other cat we have had that ate the stuff and a bowl of biscuits, he is currently sleeping in the bed and Brodie looks fascinated as he thinks its Shadow!

So Blue has been castrated, de wormed, de fleaed and de Ticked, had the undescended testicle removed and hernia fixed - outside castration CP voucher the other bill even with my discount is £80.00 but he has internal stitches and got glued to and now we have 5 days recuperation and then we will wait and see id we put him back out again!

We also have some ACP tablets should we need to keep him quiet - our vet said it won't do him any harm and will aid the healing once the painkiller wears off!

He is the same colour as Shadow but built like Puma and is currently sharing the study with Ragamuffin and Smudger and his wooly sheep which is now in hiding again!

Our vet said he is one lucky boy to have folks like us who give a dam about ferals - as most of my cat family is feral it makes no difference to us wether domestic feral or pedigree we love them all! :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 18:58:22 PM »
Liz, they have a telepathy. They find a soft touch, then pass the word on to their mates, then their mates, then more mates.... :yes:

Face it, like the rest of us, you have been flagged up as a puddy safe haven and there's no point in arguing.  :Dont know: :sigh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Do we have a sign on the Gate!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 13:18:12 PM »
Well today I had the pleasure of taking a male trapped cat who had spent 2 days in a chicken coop having fun to the vets in our trap and will pick him up in our crush cage local CP were in the ladies words a bit of a dead loss!

So Blue - always name them just in case -= has now been castrated - with major sugery at my cost as only one ball free, been deflead, wormed, de ticked and is currently snoozing!

Also got a call from vet to advise they had FIV tested him - nope I didn't agree to that oh local CP rep said we had to do it - point out that Blue is registered in my name not CP so my choice buit hey ho he's FIV negative and they footed the bill!

Off to pick him up at 17.30pm and then just where to put him to recover - looks like Sky will be loosing his crate in the garage for a couple of days!!!

Not sure if we will let him go ot try domestication - he looks like a British Blue and apart from the bite in my hand and scatches on my foot he looks no worse than some we have started with!!! :Crazy: :scared: :scared:

Link to CatChat