Author Topic: Stupid question I know but can anyone help with placement of kittens.  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Stupid question I know but can anyone help with placement of kittens.
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 17:34:54 PM »
Shhsh the public will hear you  :rofl: you'll get up and find a load of cats on your doorstep  :scared:

Good news you have homed lots tho  ;D

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
I know we're at the opposite end of the country guys but if we can sort something for transport then we're happy to take some to ease the  burden.  We've been jam packed for the last week to ten days but have managed to home all but 1... so the space is there just now if you want to make use of it.  Just not sure how long it will stay that way! ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

ccmacey

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »
People outside of rescue don't consider the interbreeding aspect. 

Not only people in rescue know of this, its the uneducated that dont give it a thought!

MBll

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 00:42:07 AM »
Many years ago  i had 2 kittens that  were interbred both had  a list of problems & 1 of them was deformed & had problems eating & had very narrow eyes ...more like slits then proper eyes.  We were never away form the vets with 1 thing & another, they lived till about  around 2 years old & i made the decision to have them PTS as nothing was working & i have never ever seen such miserable cats as they were. 

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 00:43:55 AM by RatiesRule »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 22:18:59 PM »
People outside of rescue don't consider the interbreeding aspect. They know reproducing with blood relatives is unwise in humans, but never think it's the same with animals. It's only when deformed and weak kittens start arriving, or kittens die unexpectedly, they question what's going on. Most folks I've talked to have no idea about the consequences of interbreeding and are really shocked when they do find out.  :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 19:15:17 PM »
There are many who think brother sister, son mother wont breed  :shocked:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »
Why oh why do people do this? Do they want to breed masses of interbred cats for some obscure reason? Just don't understand people like this. AAAAaaarrrggghhh!!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:23 AM »
Well I have someone down here who is going to take five of the kittens for me and Blackcat has offered to foster the other five, so that will be all the babies sorted.  If anyone can help on a transport run to Blackcat, please see the post in Transport Section "Portsmouth to Chatham".

At least these babies will be away from the awful situation they are in.  I have neutering vouchers on the way for the adults so hopefully this will be the end of the kitten breeding at this house. :tired:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 20:44:52 PM »
Lesley know how you feel I have just moosted abrother for Beijing as she is an only kitten that would take us to a permanant 44 and 2 dogs and Robin rolled his eyes and said we will see!!!

Robin likes to think as the ones outside - our little troop of ferals aren't really ours - try telling him that when they are yowling cause we were home late and its raining and there's no food left!

if only we weren't so far away we would love to help
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 18:18:55 PM »
Its a large amount for 2 people to look after especially when you have higher maintenance kittens in so dont feel bad about it. No point taking in more and then not being able to spend the time doing everything as it should be done   :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
After this lot, I am afraid I will be "closing" my doors for a while.  Hubby told me two weeks ago we were full and we've taken 9 in since then so he's going to go mad when he finds my latest three.  They are in the intensive care unit so well isolated from any of my others and hopefully we have got to them in time.

Just broke news to hubby about the three kittens - as usual he was as good as gold and could see that they needed to be removed.  I will not be looking for new accommodation for me, 45 cats and 7 dogs yet. :rofl:  However, we are now unfortunately "full" until numbers go down.  This is as much for me and hubby as for the cats currently in my care. :(

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
If you have no joy, I'll get on to them......Josie gave me the details and she knows them  ;)

Thanks hun :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
If you have no joy, I'll get on to them......Josie gave me the details and she knows them  ;)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Thanks Julie, have contact them - will let you know how I get on.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I found the qoute from Dawn's thread.  :)

[I am in north london N4.

I can filter them out from here.  I can rehome as many kittens as you like in surrey if that helps?

http://www.animal-lifeline.co.uk/   will take the kittens,  they spay and neuter home check and will have contracts signed saying the kittens come back at 6 months for neutering.

They have a waiting list of homes for kittens .

They recently took 9 from a group in essex.

we can network the transport between us!

xxxxxxxxxx/quote]

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
sorry am as bad as you I'm afraid - would love to return your help but can't. Didn't someone mention that Dawn knew someone in Surrey with a kitten waiting list? Think it was on your other thread perhaps if you pm dawn she can deny the rumour (and if its tue give me the details and I'll load up the car!)

I think Julie mentioned that in my previous thread, will send Dawn a pm now, if I have any success will let you know where to phone :rofl:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
sorry am as bad as you I'm afraid - would love to return your help but can't. Didn't someone mention that Dawn knew someone in Surrey with a kitten waiting list? Think it was on your other thread perhaps if you pm dawn she can deny the rumour (and if its tue give me the details and I'll load up the car!)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
OH Lesley  :hug: :hug: :hug:

all these babes would be better away from thay family. poor little mites.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Stupid question I know but can anyone help with placement of kittens.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 13:06:34 PM »
Have just been to a house where there are three lactating queens, two un-neutered toms and 13 kittens!

Have taken the three youngest kittens away immediately as there are signs of cat flu, (ie sticky eyes) in some of the older ones.  The ones I have taken are only four weeks old but I thought it was the best thing to do. :-:

Owner INSISTS on keeping the adults and I am arranging neutering vouchers so that we can get them all done ASAP but the mums are feeding any kitten that asks so, as this rate, they will never dry up and will be pregnant again before we can get to them.  I will handrear the babies for the next few days but I think they will wean pretty quick and mum certainly isn't going to miss them, there are another 10 kittens willing to feed from her anytime, even though they are all on solids anyway.  The cats are all interbred, the kids had great fun telling us about grandma!! so I am sure the other mums and dads are from earlier litters of hers.

If anyone can help with the placement of any of these babies, even if only on a temporary basis, I would be so grateful.  Alot of them are female torties so, if left as it is, the house will be over-run in the next few months.

After this lot, I am afraid I will be "closing" my doors for a while.  Hubby told me two weeks ago we were full and we've taken 9 in since then so he's going to go mad when he finds my latest three.  They are in the intensive care unit so well isolated from any of my others and hopefully we have got to them in time.

Link to CatChat