Author Topic: Hmmm interesting (neutering related)  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Re: Hmmm interesting (neutering related)
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 17:26:06 PM »
My neighbour was quoted £95 to have her cat spayed - not surprisingly she keeps putting it off

Would she be entitled to anything?  She is a single mum with a part time job and three young children

Thanks,

Yvonne, my branch helps anyone that contacts us and the only scheme we do now is to pay for the lot and then some people we do this for then make a donation. If she calls and says she is struggling then I'm sure someone will help.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 16:36:39 PM »
That is correct, nowadays you do not need to be on benefits to have a voucher and CP can pay more than the £26 for a spay by the use of a yellow voucher. Of course they do hope that people who can afford the full cost will pay.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 15:41:17 PM »
it does sound a lot doesn't it, my vet is definately not cheap but they only charge £45

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 15:37:52 PM »
£95????  :Crazy: :scared:

When I come back, I want to be a vet - won't have to worry about the mortage then!  :sneaky:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 15:15:04 PM »
thers some discreton around the situation if its pobable the cat won't get done otherwise

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 14:45:40 PM »
I'm sure Ela said you don't need to be on benefit or anything

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 14:41:58 PM »
My neighbour was quoted £95 to have her cat spayed - not surprisingly she keeps putting it off

Would she be entitled to anything?  She is a single mum with a part time job and three young children

Thanks,
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:28 AM »
Mags, I'm sure CP wouldn't mind anyone reminding cat owners that for folks on low income, help is available. You don't have to be directly involved with CP to spread the word and pass out the National Helpline numbers. We know that CP and RSPCA give vouchers to cover neutering but there are still far too many people who have never heard of the schemes.  ;)

MBll

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 21:00:29 PM »
What i was meaning was that folk cant email saying they will give 'neutering assistance' & help pay with ' full price or half price neutering'   when they have no concention with rescues.   

You work for the CP in leeds & have the permission/vouchers etc  to do this  but what your saying to others is copy the email & send it out on their area.... so those not in rescue how they going cover this ?

Just bit confusing?

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 19:15:56 PM »
Hey Raties... I guess I put the e-mail up more for an example of what seems to be working. People can alter it to suit what they offer of course as I don't know what other rescues offer.

Just had another msg back from someone wanting their 7 month old female done. At the moment i'm just giving out the National Helpline number so that they can be directed to their local branches.

J xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 18:04:40 PM »
Just scooting around the Tree site and thought i'd e-mail a few people offering neutering assistance..... i've already had 4 replies asking for help in neutering their females! Quite suprised really as I thought that most people selling on there were BSB but it looks like people may be willing to look at neutering as well. The e-mail I sent was...

Hello,

I work for Cats Protection and am offering neutering assistance to people who would like their male and female cats neutered. We can offer full price or half price neutering with a local vet.

The more cats we can neuter, the less abandoned and unwanted kittens we see in our shelters.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you if you would like to take us up on the offer of help.

Best wishes,

I just know that a few of us scout round that site and feel free to copy my e-mail and cover your own area. I guess that my feeling is that it only takes 5 minutes a day and if I can up the neutering by even one or two it's better than nothing!!!!!! I tried not to make the e-mail too 'preachy' or detailed, but fingers crossed it might help.

WELL DONE - GOOD ON YOU.

MBll

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 18:00:35 PM »

I work for Cats Protection and am offering neutering assistance to people who would like their male and female cats neutered. We can offer full price or half price neutering with a local vet.

I just know that a few of us scout round that site and feel free to copy my e-mail and cover your own area. 

How does that  work when someone emails that donst work for CP or any other rescue?

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Hmmm interesting (neutering related)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 17:01:52 PM »
Just scooting around the Tree site and thought i'd e-mail a few people offering neutering assistance..... i've already had 4 replies asking for help in neutering their females! Quite suprised really as I thought that most people selling on there were BSB but it looks like people may be willing to look at neutering as well. The e-mail I sent was...

Hello,

The more cats we can neuter, the less abandoned and unwanted kittens we see in our shelters.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you if you would like to take us up on the offer of help.

Best wishes,

I just know that a few of us scout round that site and feel free to copy my e-mail and cover your own area. I guess that my feeling is that it only takes 5 minutes a day and if I can up the neutering by even one or two it's better than nothing!!!!!! I tried not to make the e-mail too 'preachy' or detailed, but fingers crossed it might help.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat