Lost & Found Cats > Lost & Found General

Newly arrived stray

(1/9) > >>

Sue P (Paddysmum):
What a fantastic update, and totally justifying your efforts towards her.   ;D ;D  Thank you for taking a damaged and broken life, and turning it round so completely.  And not for the first time, clearly, as Scruffy's story illustrates.  Am sorry to hear of Scruffy's loss, but again, my thanks to you for making a difference to cats who others may well pass by.  You're amazing.   :hug: :hug:

barney101:
And 7 months later.... Well what can I say, a massive improvement all round, she's still here, she's been named 'Catty' by the vets. Having done a lot of reading up about the overactive thyroid I decided it was worth the risk of having it removed altogether and just after Christmas this was done, she also had a dental at the same time :evillaugh: The improvement was more or less instant, the thyroid that was removed was around 3x it's normal size, the other one was quite normal in size. Now her weight has gone up to 2.5kg, her skeleton is no longer protruding her skin, she eats normally now, no more diarrhea or blood in her stools and no more vomiting. And her coat is now lovely, fully grown, soft and shiny. So she has done really well, she's is really your typical lap cat as is quite content to sit on me all night long. She'll come out in the garden with me, but won't wander off. There are however some not so good issues, she is deaf and we believe she is epileptic which is now also under control with medication......As for trying to find her a new home, well I've given up on that idea ;) Sadly though my cat Scruffy who I had for around 8 years died last Sunday from a blood clot, she wasn't the friendliest cat probably due to her previous owners, many a time when we went to the vets its was me who needed treatment :evillaugh: and we both had sparring matches with each other over the years... with me giving up most times... but I do miss her....

Gill (sneakiefeline):
I believe those tabs can cause problems and doseage has to be got right but there is another tablet that can be used..................no expert here and hope others see this...try asking in health cos people wont expect to see it here.

Another way is to go to search and advanced search, put in the med name and just press search. This will bring up threads mentioning the tablet.

It sounds that she has something else wrong to me

Poor girl hope she will be oK and has no other problems

barney101:
Just checked on her again and she's actually vomiting blood now, so will have to call the vet in the morning... Starting to wish I never went in the first place, only went because I thought she was getting better.....

barney101:
Well, went back to the vets last week, saw the main vet and he has agreed to treat her as a stray.  Told him about the sleep issues, not sure he knows what it is either. Anyway we had blood tests carried out and she has a thyroid problem so she has been prescribed felimazole, I asked if the blood tests showed anything else and he said no, though I'm not totally convinced about that... Not sure whether it's the pills, she's had 3 to date but this evening she has thrown up in the kitchen which she hasn't done for weeks now also she wanted to go out in the garden and just lie down on the damp grass which is strange as she never goes out even if I leave the back doors open.... We're back at the vets on the 22nd so hopefully things will be a bit better...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version