Author Topic: Question about changing insurance  (Read 931 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Question about changing insurance
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 15:14:22 PM »
They will be classed as pre-existing conditions, so you might be best off keeping those two on Tesco, but if Tesco only pay out for 12 months, then you can change after that, as they aren't covered for those things anyway.
Please spay your cat

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Question about changing insurance
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 14:28:44 PM »
Pre existing conditions will be excluded from cover on any new policy.  Sorry I know nothing about cystitis but no question in my mind that any treatment related to hyperthroid condition will not be covered on new policy.  Things like the odd abscess or cut are not likely to worry an insurer.  Best thing is to put yourself in the shoes of an insurer.  Would you cover a condition when you are virtually certain to have to pay out?

Be very careful before you move insurers.  Sorry I know nothing about the cover on a tesco policy.  I'm with Axa.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Question about changing insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 14:11:14 PM »
I am currently ith Tescos with some of my cats and have had to claim with Sylvester suffering with cystitis and Sofa with hyperthyroidism now my question is if I change them to Sainsburys and on the qoute say yes to a pre-existing illness does this mean that if and when - as it will happen -Sylvester gets blacked Sainsburys won't pay out for this operation?    Would I be better of staying with Sylvester on Tescos say or would they now not pay out for that operation as he has claimed already for tests regarding cystitis?

Link to CatChat