Author Topic: much difference between applaws and almo nature?  (Read 8525 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: much difference between applaws and almo nature?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 19:50:10 PM »
I dont' think there is any difference between applaws and almo nature, except that almo nature comes in more flavours

Is Almo Nature only a complementary cat food and not a complete food like Applaws?

Neither are complete

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 14:03:30 PM »
I have only seen it on Zooplus Jane, they do a Senior variety unlike Applaws, and I think it was complete. Haven't bought any for ages, Zi loved the first box, but hated the second!!

mmm, aren't they fickle!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »
Yes almo is complementary.  Same ingredients as applaws.  I did have some email correspondene with the makers when it first came out because they didn't state whether it was complete or complementary.  They told me it was complete but that it should be fed with their complete dry food!!  It has no added vitamins or minerals and is just breast meat in broth with a bit of rice so I would not treat it as complete, regardless of what the manufacturers say.

A pet shop near me sells almo nature.  Best place to buy it as the supreme cat show as not only do they have offers, but they sell a bewildering array of flavours and combinations, not all of which are available from zooplus!  They sell a beef one which is shredded beef in broth and Jaffa would sell his soul for that.  They also do pouches which are in jelly and a pouch of what they call bio pate which is, unsurprisingly, a pate!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 08:55:18 AM »
I have only seen it on Zooplus Jane, they do a Senior variety unlike Applaws, and I think it was complete. Haven't bought any for ages, Zi loved the first box, but hated the second!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 07:20:08 AM »
I've never even seen Almo  :-: who sells it? I buy Applaws from PAH occasionally for Byron.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 01:37:15 AM »
I dont' think there is any difference between applaws and almo nature, except that almo nature comes in more flavours

Is Almo Nature only a complementary cat food and not a complete food like Applaws?

I asume so as ingredient are 75% meats 1% rice and rest water same as applaws,

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 00:57:07 AM »

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 21:02:21 PM »
so sounds like there nothing much to fuss which one as long as my cats eating it by the sounds of it lol

thanks ppl

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Re: much difference between applaws and almo nature
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 20:50:16 PM »
I dont' think there is any difference between applaws and almo nature, except that almo nature comes in more flavours (they do beef and a lot of fishy ones whereas applaws just do the 6 flavours I think).  Sainsburys sell something called Encore which seems identical, just slightly diff flavours (they do a chicken and ham as well as chicken/cheese and chicken/pumpkin)
I think Applaws and Encore are made by the same manufacturer. 
Almo Nature seems really similar - though the meat doesn't seem to be quite as soft.  Our local pet shop sells Almo - 15 varieties!

That said there must be some difference that only cats can spot - Dinah would eat Almo, but not Encore or Applaws...

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 19:04:28 PM »
You can move to where ever you think is best suited lol

Thanks for the info, might have a look at sainsburys if I can find one here

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: much difference between applaws and almo nature
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 18:20:47 PM »
I have edited the title.  As to where it should be - it could be either general or health really.  It's a nutrition related question which may well develop into a general nutrition discussion so I'm happy for it to be here unless Robbo would like it moving to General cat chat.

I dont' think there is any difference between applaws and almo nature, except that almo nature comes in more flavours (they do beef and a lot of fishy ones whereas applaws just do the 6 flavours I think).  Sainsburys sell something called Encore which seems identical, just slightly diff flavours (they do a chicken and ham as well as chicken/cheese and chicken/pumpkin)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: much difference between
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 18:16:55 PM »
Not having a dig Robbo but it can get a bit messy at times  :evillaugh: - Sometimes there are grey areas but I think the health section is probably for more serious stuff?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 18:13:31 PM »
Yea change the tilts it's no prob sorry about that.lol

Well I put it under here as it was to do with food so just assumed health?

Was really just to see which people prefered if any that was all

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 17:36:12 PM »
I think mods should be able alter people's titles if they aren't clear anyway. Not really this one but some that can be irritating is something like a heading saying "Help!" - you look at it thinking it is important, only to find out the message is something about a toy mouse is stuck under the sofa  :Crazy: - I really think headings should give a clear idea what the message is about. When I am at uni, and I'm sure goes for a lot of people who may be busy and don't have time to go trawling through all the messages so only look at the ones that interest us.

PS - I don't really think difference between brands is strictly a health issue (unless we are compaing the likes of go-cat with orijen  :evillaugh: ). Surely in should be in general cat?  :innocent:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 17:39:17 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 17:11:22 PM »
Robbo do you mind if I alter the title to state the foods you're asking about? You're likely to get more response. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
much difference between applaws and almo nature?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 14:23:05 PM »
im just wondering if there is much difference or a prefered product between Applaws wet and almo wet.....they seem very similar with ingredients etc
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 18:21:03 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat