Cat General > Cat welfare Issues and News

cats rights v patients rights

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jiji:
I think it is clear the cat and her kittens are the owners and without her authority you cannot rehome them or get the cat spayed. She clearly cares about the cat or she would not have bothered to visit, how did the cat react to her? I wouldn't like to think I would lose my boys just because I had been sectioned. Are there any organisations that can help? maybe there is something like this in your area http://www.petcarenetwork.co.uk/services/  that can provide some help if she wants to keep her cat. I hope you are able to get her permission to home the kittens and get the mother spayed  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tiggy's Mum:
It's a tricky situation but my take on it is that she would definitely have the 'right' to demand the cat back and there's not a lot you could do about it, the fact that the local authority are involved makes it even more official. Have you tried seeing if you can speak with her social worker (if she has one) to express your concerns, labouring the point about the stress/mess of kittens and that you are worried this may have a negative impact on her mental health if she asked for the cat back. I think getting social services/mental health team on board is the best bet.

Gill (sneakiefeline):
She loves the cat so much and it maybe the only thing that holds her together so I would be very careful what you say.

So pleased the cattery owners are your friends  ;D

Mymblesdaughter:
What a shame, must be so difficult she obviously loves the cat as she's bothered to come and see her.

Could you maybe suggest that you try to find a home for her cat and say you will keep her up to date with what's happening and give her updates etc. Maybe explain how much work kittens are pooping on the floor etc might put her off. Hopefully she will realise she can't take the cat back. Even if she finds somewhere else to stay it's not easy finding somewhere that will take cats. 

midgecat:
The cattery owners are my friends Gill .... and I regularly foster for various cat charities. 

And yes Mymble .... the cattery contacted the human about moving the cat to my house and she's been to visit today .. so obviously knows that the cat is pregnant.   She's not in a great place to be able to take them .... but I don't think that stops her wanting to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version