Author Topic: poor bella  (Read 998 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: poor bella
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 04:03:22 AM »
Cats with unknown histories are often spooked by the slightest thing and now you all know Bella was scared of this.

I have two rescue cats one is terrified of all people except me and jumps at unexpected noises. He used to be scared if I picked up a can of coke and he hates the sound of sprays. The other has taken 7 yrs to allow me to stroke her.

She is so soft and prrrrrrps and purrs and squeaks with delight now as long as I am in the right place! She haas missed 7yrs of strokes and often I could see her watching the others with a longing in her eyes but she was just too terrified to allow it to happen.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: poor bella
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 23:19:22 PM »
Maybe the cat has had some unhappy times in the past, but if she gets plenty of fuss and attention she should settle down in a few more weeks :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
poor bella
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 20:34:01 PM »
Daughter was playing with bella earlier with what she calls a fishing rod, a plastic stick with a length of elastic on with a toy on the end. They were playing happily when dd pointed the stick end at bella to try and get her to play with it. Bella saw it and shot under the table and sat there looking terrified and refused to come out for ages. Nothing is known about her background as she was a stray but it did make me wonder dd was also really upset for scaring her but there best friends again after she gave bella some treats and bought bella another new toy when we went shopping(at this rate she'll have more toys then the pet shop)

Link to CatChat