Author Topic: very excited but very nervous  (Read 2425 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: very excited but very nervous
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
Bella is lovely. :care: And I'm glad you felt able to offer another cat a home, I know it can be difficult. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline littlekitty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »
She is adorable and so glad that she picked you, she sounds a right character. Hope you get lots of  enjoyment from her.
Share your love, give a rescue cat a home.

xLYNNx

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 01:13:35 AM »
oh shes beautiful and so lovely you were able to open your heart and home to another furr-babe after such a loss  :hug: :hug:

its true what they say - cats choose you and she certainly wanted to make a big impression for you all  ;D

I have rescued 2 in the last year and they are such a dream. Each picked us, put on their best auditions and won our hearts  ;D

She's gorgeous  :hug: :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 16:57:01 PM »

Oh - she's a babe and a half, isn't she?   :Luv2: :wow:   So pleased she's joined you and is settling in well.

Happy New Year to you and to Bella in her new home.  Am sure Barney would approve.  :)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 13:36:52 PM »
She's gorgeous.

I know you've all had a lot of pain these last few weeks but what a lovely way to start the new year  :hug:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

She is just GORGEOUS, what a lovely face.  That is such happy news after such a sad time for you...
brought a tear to my eyes.  Thank you for sharing her with us    :Luv:

Jo

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 20:34:52 PM »
Shes settling in very well using her litter box like the clever girl she is and is sleeping on my knee at the moment. She went up to dh earlier and wouldnt leave him alone untill he'd given her enough fuss shes a cheeky lady

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 17:18:26 PM »
This is such great news after poor Barney's tragic death and what your family have been through  ;D :hug: :hug:

You may already know that your rescue manager is also a Purrs member and Haworth Cat Rescue is in fact an official Purrs Registered Rescue, which means Bella is officially a Purrs cat!  :wow:

SamMewl will be thrilled to hear from you on here, I'm sure. Here's to happy endings  ;D

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 16:39:35 PM »
 :hug: :hug:  looks adorable

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 19:06:09 PM »
Gorgeous!  :Luv:

i think we're all going to be very happy together  ;D

I think so too  :)  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 17:46:12 PM »
That picture put a big grin on my face, she is adorable and welcome to Purrs Bella  ;D ;D

So pleased she chose you  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 16:38:13 PM »
I am so pleased the visit to the rescue went well and hope that the beautiful Bella will weave her magic and help you all come to terms with the sad loss of Barney  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 16:27:39 PM »
that's a lovely description of how in an ideal world it should alwaysbe - she chose you and you chose her

you did good, Barney :ok:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 15:46:58 PM »
well after another day of dd sobbing yesterday and saying she just wanted a cat in our house, i asked dh if we could use our Christmas money and get a cat now rather then at the end of jan, shes not slept properly in ages and it was taking its toll on all of us and shes just so sad. He agreed to go look and see what cats were avalible but he said he'd prefer a cat to a kitten, which i was happy with as i know kittens are easier to re home anyway. Set of this morning and felt sick in the car, wanted to tell him it was to soon and i couldnt do it but dd was so excited and she'd slept last night so thought we'd go have a look.
At the rescue had a chat with the staff about what had happened to Barney and what we were looking for, and went to see the cats. Bella was the first cat we went to see and she just walked straight up to me and dd and rubbed round our legs purring, think if she could she'd have jumped in my arms going please take me home i'll be so good she would have. She was so lovely she melted my heart, but we went to see the other cats including a beautiful kitten and then had a chat with dh. We went back to see another cat as i was torn between the two but the other cat seemed nervous of dd, and after what she'd been through i wanted a cat that would cope with her. Went back to see Bella and she was so lovely, dd didnt even want to leave her while we sorted the paperwork.
 They warned us she might be shy and quiet when we let her out but shes currently curled up on my husbands knee sleeping, shes such a sweetie, shes tiny compared to barney but has the loudest purr ever, shes not stopped since she got here, i think we're all going to be very happy together  ;D

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 15:29:34 PM »
Oh my she is utterly adorable. Did she choose you then??? Tell us all about it.
Welcome to Purrs beautiful Bella and we look forward to hearing lots more about your new life with such a lovely family.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 15:13:21 PM »
 Although I haven't posted before I've been following your sad story and  I'm sooooooooooooo pleased  that you, your family and Bella have found each other.  :hug: :hug:  :hug: 

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 15:04:35 PM »
well we came home from the rescue with bella, shes beautiful so friendly and she hasnt stopped purring, she is sch a sweetheart, at this moment shes sat on the back of the sofa peering over my shoulder at the laptop, think shes sayng hi

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 21:44:28 PM »
I'm glad you have decided to let another little one in to your heart. It only grows bigger with each one you allow in there. You never push one out when you get another. Your heart has unlimited space if you let it :)
Good luck with your visit tomorrow. I notice you are in leeds and our wonderful Callie and Monty came from the Bradford RSPCA home in Mount Street, Bradford. They are wonderful and I know they are full to the brim with cats and kittens looking for homes if you want to visit ;) Wherever you go there will be one who chooses you and it will be a lucky kitty  :Luv2:
Your daughter will enjoy growing up with a new friend but she will never forget what her first cat taught her in terms of love. I'm sure he will have a guiding paw in your choice  ;)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 21:29:04 PM »
I'm sure the perfect cat will be waiting somewhere for you, it's a wonderful tribute to Barney's memory to adopt another needy cat  :hug:

I chose my two just a week after losing my beloved childhood cat, I was worried I wouldn't be able to love them or would resent them for not being her or for only being there because she was gone... I needn't have as I very quickly fell head over heels in love with them and they helped ease the pain of missing her. I'm sure any new cat will do the same for you and yoru family  :hug:

Does the rescue have a webiste for a sneak preview of who is looking for a home?  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 20:31:25 PM »
Good luck and if you dont find exactly what is needed, there will be loads more  :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
very excited but very nervous
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 20:08:06 PM »
dh has said we can go to the rescue tomorrow and see if there is a cat/kitten suitable for our family, our little girl is so excited and i'm going between excitement and terrified that i'll go and look be a mess/not like any because there not barney/try and bring them all home ekkkk

Link to CatChat