Author Topic: i know i shouldnt let it wind me up  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: i know i shouldnt let it wind me up
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 14:50:09 PM »
I agree with everything that the others have said. Loving and losing a cat is the best and the worst thing that can happen and I am sure DD will love another when you are ready to have one  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »

I should add, that same lady who so inadvertently upset me, had done us the kindness of returning one of Mac's collars which he'd lost a few days before, so insensitivity doesnt always equate to thoughtlessness.    :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 08:37:20 AM »

Have experienced similar.   :hug: :hug:  When we lost Mac in May of this year, one of our neighbours said he'd been a "silly cat" going up towards the road.   :doh:  Yes.  I had to agree, but I didn't want to.  I wanted to slap her vapid little face til it was scarlet and tell her to get off my doorstep.   But.  She was a kindly soul, just not one who has ever shared a bond with an animal.

As Angie commented, some people never know the love and the bond that people can and do share with animals, and sadly, that's their great loss.  We should pity them in reality.  :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 05:59:52 AM »
No you arent being over sensitive, a few days after we lost our little Harry, a girl I used to go to school with, messaged me on facebook, asking if I knew anyone who would take in her pretty tabby girl, she asked me as I was into cats and would know someone!!!! Did she not see the photo etc that we had put up and peoples comments?

I told her we had just lost our boy and she said she wanted rid because she scoots her bum across the floor sometimes!!!! and it was ruining her carpet.....

Poor little girlie, there is no way I am in a position to take in any more cats, need to make sure the others are all ok, they are my priority. I do keep thinking about her though and if she got a good home.

Hope you are ok, big hugs to you.

Nicky

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 00:33:26 AM »
Not being overly sensitive at all  :hug: Not everyone loves their pets quite as much as us lot on Purrs but that was really insensitive of your neighbour as she must have been able to see how upset you were  :hug:

As Angie says we are very lucky to be able to experience the joy of having animals as friends and understanding them. It must be a pretty strange life if you can only empathise with your own species but then again many people can't even manage that.   

I've always felt sorry for people who can't/won't/don't love animals - whether cats or dogs or rabbits are our favourites, the bond with an animal is something special and I do feel sorry for those that don't 'get it'. Have to admit I'm also a bit suspicious of complete non-animal lovers as there's something not quite right about not being able to love a defenceless creature :shy:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 21:59:11 PM »
And as much as it upset me its my dd whos struggiling, she didnt know why we had gone to the vets but she came home and sobbed as it reminded her he'd gone. Shes only 3 and is so upset about it and i cant do anything to make it better. I just hope when we get another cat she can have such a good friendship with it as i know how upset she'll be if she doesnt

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 21:54:28 PM »
I don't think you are being over sensitive at all I'd have been furious if someone had said that to me. There really is no excuse, it's totally insensitive. Just because you don't feel a certain way doesn't mean you can't see how other people feel and react accordingly. As Angie says we are very lucky to be able to experience the joy of having animals as friends and understanding them. It must be a pretty strange life if you can only empathise with your own species but then again many people can't even manage that.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 21:52:06 PM »
Some people wouldn't know tact if it bit them in the bum.  :tired:

I'm sorry you had to deal with someone being so insensitive. :hug: I feel sorry for her two cats too, I hope they found new homes where they were loved as they should be.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 19:21:16 PM »
some people will never understand the bond between different species. My mum said something equally insensitive many years ago after the death of one of my cats.

Try not to get too upset and feel sorry for them, they are missing out on something special!

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
i know i shouldnt let it wind me up
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 19:14:57 PM »
but just want to scream. I got the bus to the shops earlier after we'd dropped barneys ashes at home (ive put them in the loft at the moment with his blanket and stuff) and the woman that lives a couple of doors down started chatting to me. she said she'd not seen him in a while so i explained what had happened and dd said how upset she was that he'd gone. the woman said its strange how children get so attached to things like that, as she'd had two cats but one got pregnant and the other kept having accidents in the kitchen so she got rid of them both. how completely insensitive and stupid is that woman of course we were all attached to him he was a member of our family and her poor cats. One was only a youngster that barney use to play with she was a lovely cat and the other was lovely as well, dread to think where they ended up, she said she was going to get them both done but the stupid cat went and got itself pregnant first and then she couldnt be bothered so she just got rid  :censored:
(ok i know im probably being over sensitive but as well as picking up barneys ashes it's anniversary of my grandads death today so not a great day for me)

Link to CatChat