Author Topic: have to collect barneys ashes  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: have to collect barneys ashes
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 19:41:43 PM »
Take your time there is no rush  :hug: :hug:

I have Napoleon and Ducha in their boxes with a message engraved on the front on a brass plate. They sit on the shelf by the sofa and can see them any time I want.  Will add photos eventually.

Kocka is buried in the garden in a wooden box I made for her and have wanted to exhume her and get her cremated for last two years but couldnt afford it but will do eventually so she can sit with the other two.

I have all their things in boxes locked away until I can look at them.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 18:51:37 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

I asked my friend to go in and collect Tiggy's ashes while I waited in the car, I knew I wouldn't be able to get the words out and hold it together if I went in.

It's a very personal thing deciding what to do with them, as time goes on the ashes mean less to me and the memories are what matters but I will always keep them. I have kept them in the box they came in in the house but as Sue says some people have them in a plant container or scattered somehwere that Barney loved - whatever you choose will be right fro him  :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
Hes home,  walking into the vets wasnt to bad it was walking home and seeing where he use to wait for us and knowing it was his final journey my heart is breaking all over again

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »
you don't have to rush into a decision about what to do.  Take your time.  Some of us keep our babies ashes in a memorial box in the house.  Some put them in a container in the garden (many of us worry about moving home in the future) and others scatter the ashes where their cats loved to spend time outside. You don't have to decide right now.  You're still coming to terms with Barney`s loss so be gentle with yourself.

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 09:48:47 AM »
 :hug: thinking of you, it will be tough walking back into the vets. I am waiting for the call about Dillon's ashes, and I asked for his collar to be taken off before cremation so I could keep that. I find it such a help coming on here and getting wise words and support from others who have experienced what we are going through. I have Digby's ashes together with a poem written to him by my daughter, in a cupboard by my bed, close to me, and in no danger of getting accidentally knocked.  I had intended to scatter them in the garden, but then freaked at the thought of ever moving.  You will find what is right for you xx

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
have to collect barneys ashes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »
just had a call from the vet to say barneys ashes are back with them, part of me is happy hes coming home but ive no idea what to do with him. i was in such a state when the vet asked me what to do with his body that i just told him to do what he thought best,

Link to CatChat