Author Topic: Is Felix AGAIL addictive?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: Is Felix AGAIL addictive?
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 17:58:15 PM »

I won't worry about it then, I shall just accept that Cashie is a junk food addict and in fact he does look pretty gorgeous on it, slim, muscular and shiny... long may he get away with it. Wish I could eat rubbsh and look as good as he does!

He has good quality kibble, I get him applaws which, it tells me, is 80% meat content, also tried something called Harringtons kibb;e which had an impressive list of ingredients and he likes that so he's getting something decent at least.

Thank you for your replies, I don't feel so guilty about his diet now!

X

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 17:19:15 PM »
I agree. Dear departed Uncle M in his latter years was supposed to eat nothing but Hills senior kidney formula on vets orders, but he hated it. I eventually took the view that he was 18 and if he wanted to eat Felix (which was his favorite) then it wasn't going to make much difference either way and I would rather he enjoyed whatever time he still had. He lived for another two years and was perfectly happy throughout.

The Munchkin will only eat Iams wet and whilst I don't approve of Iams practises (and don't think Iams is half as good for him as Natures Menu was- pity they slightly changed the formula and he went off it) I've decided life is too short to get into a battle of wills with him (especially as he'd win paws down  :rofl:)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 17:06:54 PM »
I would guess that the vast majority of cats are fed foods available from regular supermarkets eg Whiskas/Felix/own brands. Whilst in an ideal world we would feed our cats the best/healthiest food available (within our budget), in reality hundreds of thousands of cats do just fine on the likes of Felix/Whiskas so as Sheila says, I wouldn't worry about it  :hug: 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 16:24:16 PM »
I think there's a lot worse things than sticking with "supermarket quality foods" as they are derisarily called on some of the cat food supplier sites, but my lot get a good quality dry food combined with whatever wet pouches/cans are in vogue or on offer at the time. This frequently includes Felix all types, Whiskas and own brands.

I have one boy (Sam) who is grain intolerant so he has no choice what he eats, and Polly has a sensitive tum so she gets her own feed, but everyone else just gets whatever they will eat.

Don't stress it Jo.  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 13:00:02 PM »
mine eat it and have done for years, I've tried lots of other foods but its the only one they all like so I stick with it

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Is Felix AGAIL addictive?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 12:59:18 PM »
Hi,

I am having a nightmare trying to wean my cats off Felix AGAIL and Sensations.  Cash will not even TRY anything else.
Izzy is a little better and will eat Applaws and Gourmet but he is a devil.  I have offered them all sorts and removed the kiibble so they had no other choice but they just didn't eat all day and I felt dreadful letting them go hungry even though it was their stubborn little faults.

Has anybody else had the same problem?  Is the stuff addictive or something?

I have tried them with fresh chicken, fish, raw mince, steak.. all sorts of other foods but they refuse to eat it and see prepared to starve themselves unless I provide what they want.  I don't mind buying it for them sometimes but they do need to be able to eat a variety of foods don't they? I guess it is my fault for feeding them it for so long but I really feel I should be changing their food from time to time.

Any experience any of you have in weaning cats off junk food would be very welcome!

Thank you

Jo

Link to CatChat