Author Topic: Introducing Tatiana & Bear To The Purrs Family  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Introducing Tatiana & Bear To The Purrs Family
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 23:55:05 PM »
So agree with Susanne and Mary  ;D

They are stunning and you deserve two wonderful new kitties  ;D ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 23:08:50 PM »
OMG - 2 beauties there  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2: :hug:

Go to the top of the class for the stupidest question on Purrs - as if we would want to see any photos  :evillaugh: ;) :thanks:

I know what you mean about the ear making you love him more cos when I saw Bonnie had no tail - I just melted  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Thomas, Suki, Sweep, Tatty & Tabs
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 22:36:06 PM »
What happened to Bear's ear?  It makes him look extra adorable  :Luv:

Bear had a haematoma in his ear which was operated on while he was at Canning Town.  Celia said that his ear was supposed to go back to normal afterwards, but unfortunately it didn't  :(

I totally agree with your comment about it making him look extra adorable.  I fell in love with him the minute I met him  :Luv2:

How's hubby adjusting to having young 'uns on the estate ? I see you're already training them for walkies  :)

Jim is really loving them being here  ;D  They had 4 weeks in kitty Colditz, followed by 2 or 3 weekends of walkies on leads and harnesses to get them used to the area.  They are doing really well  :)

What's the story behind them ending up at at the rescue?

Unfortunately we don't know how they ended up at the rescue, although I don't think they were a pair before they ended up there.  They both appeared to have been there since July this year though.

When we turned up, we were originally going to see Tatiana and another little girl called Geri.  We had discussed several of the kitties with Celia, and Pringe who was FIV positive was temporarily in quarantine due to the arrival of Patch another FIV positive cat who had passed on ringworm to him  :(  Bandit another kitty who was on the rehoming page had just been returned to the lady who had been feeding him because she had missed him so much.  Celia told us that we shouldn't discriminate against the other kitties because they weren't FIV positive  :rofl:  She definitely seemed to be attempting to steer us away from the older kitties and any with health problems.

We had mentioned that Charlie seemed to get on better with girls than boys, and that we needed kitties that liked other cats, and Tatiana and Geri seemed to fit the bill.  However when we turned up Tatiana was extremely friendly and we had decided that she was coming home with us immediately  :Luv:, however Geri wasn't at all interested in us  :(.

Bear (who was called Pickle at the rescue) was sitting on the cupboard above Geri, and was very friendly, and told me that he loved me, and Jim agreed that he should come home with us  :Luv2:

They were so busy at the rescue because one of the sets of people they had arranged to come in had turned up an hour late, and they had fitted us in at the last minute, that we never had the chance to find out where our babies had come from.  I wish that we had been able to find out more.

It was a huge relief to see on the webpage that Geri had found a home a week later.  I hope that she is as happy in her new home as Tatiana and Bear have made us  ;D

When we brought our babies home, I too thought that Tatiana reminded me of Riley  ;D

Thank you for all your lovely comments  :thanks:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 21:22:55 PM »
They are totally stunning Sylvia - I am so pleased for you and they are very lucky furbabies  :Luv2:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 21:12:11 PM »
They are gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 19:24:57 PM »
they are both gorgeous  :Luv2: can see why you fell for them!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 18:56:25 PM »
What a beautiful, not to mention lucky, pair :blow kiss: Tatiana really reminds me of a female version of my Riley, and as for Bear - that crinkly ear is just too cute  :Luv2:

What's the story behind them ending up at at the rescue?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 18:51:07 PM »
OH MY GOD  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

After the year you've had, Sylvia, I'm utterly delighted for you. They are just so beautiful and I'm sure they will flourish under your loving care. Congratulations  ;D

How's hubby adjusting to having young 'uns on the estate ? I see you're already training them for walkies  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 18:47:33 PM »
I don't know if anyone would be interested

:Crazy: :Crazy:  I think you've forgotten where you are!

They are absolutely gorgeous  :Luv:  Tatiana needs to get it on  ;) with Helen's Riley because they would look so good together  ;) ;D

What happened to Bear's ear?  It makes him look extra adorable  :Luv:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 18:43:23 PM »
Aaawwww they're gorgeous.  I love Bear's odd ears.  :Luv2:

Offline Fred

• Adult Cat
  • Solitaire - our furbaby :)
  • Slave to: Mrs Solitaire Meow & Mr Connery Sir Purrs-Alot (formally known as Milo)
Introducing Tatiana & Bear To The Purrs Family
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 18:19:31 PM »
Aww they're beautiful :D

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Thomas, Suki, Sweep, Tatty & Tabs
Introducing Tatiana & Bear To The Purrs Family
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 18:00:35 PM »
I know I should have done this much earlier  :scared:, but at last I am getting around to it now.  I would like to introduce Tatiana and Bear  :)

They have come from the same rescue as Furdie.  Tatiana is 1 year old, and I thought that Bear was too, however after their first checkup the vet thinks that Bear is closer to 2 years old.  They have been keeping us very busy  ;D

I don't know if anyone would be interested  :innocent:, but here are just a few pics:

This is Tatiana

and this is Bear

Link to CatChat