Author Topic: My/Our/Your Lucky cats!  (Read 1779 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: My/Our/Your Lucky cats!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 18:39:19 PM »
I got up at 4am this morning to refill Jaffa's hot water bottle.    Nutty?  Seems perfectly normal to me.  I mean, anyone else would do the same wouldn't they?
[/color]

You're a star Susanne  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
My/Our/Your Lucky cats!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 13:37:38 PM »
I got up at 4am this morning to refill Jaffa's hot water bottle.  He was up and about and woke me and it was a bit nippy so I thought he might like a refill (he had his heat pad too but he does like his bottle with its fluffy cover).   Boil the kettle, fill the bottle then we all went back to bed and he curled up on his bottle with gratitude.  Nutty?  Seems perfectly normal to me.  I mean, anyone else would do the same wouldn't they?

That's a brilliant example of how nutty we all are although I seem to be the human hot water bottle these days! Lol
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 13:31:24 PM »
I got up at 4am this morning to refill Jaffa's hot water bottle.  He was up and about and woke me and it was a bit nippy so I thought he might like a refill (he had his heat pad too but he does like his bottle with its fluffy cover).   Boil the kettle, fill the bottle then we all went back to bed and he curled up on his bottle with gratitude.  Nutty?  Seems perfectly normal to me.  I mean, anyone else would do the same wouldn't they?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 19:20:16 PM »
YAY, let's hear it for all us nutty cat lovers  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I honestly never knew there were so many of us until I came on here.  So glad there are so many of us  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 16:30:20 PM »
I'm afraid there are people who think pet ownership means putting a plate of food down unfortunatley I have some in my own family - If I'm nuts I wouldn't have it any other way

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 15:55:26 PM »
I know exactly the types of people you mean Caledonia! It's not about money and spoiling our cats, I know there are lots of people on really tight budgets who can't afford all the latest toys/beds/premium cat foods but whose cats are still loved to bits and valued - it's the type of people who are more interested in fags/booze/drugs who also have pets who are rather meaningless accesories to them  :shy:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
My/Our/Your Lucky cats!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 13:59:27 PM »

I thinkGill has the crux of it.  Most of us on here are maybe a tad too obsessed about our furbabes.  Personally I wouldnt have it any other way.   ;)

And where else would you find a Meowmy gettin up at 3 a.m., letting a cat out for a wee and waiting for him to come back in?  :rofl:

A friend of mine lived in a rented flat which had UPVC doors.  The landlord permitted her to have a cat, but she hated him not being able to get in due to the lack of a flap.  Eventually, she hit on the idea of leaving the bathroom window open so the cat could get in and uut.  Unfortunately so did a burglar, whom she encountered in her kitchen one night as she got up to go to the bathroom.  The guy fled back out the way he came, taking part of the window frame with him.   :-: After that, she had a flap installed in the glass, so they can at least replace the pane when they leave.    :innocent:

Oh your poor friend!! I hope she was ok! What a fright.... And yes I would agree we are maybe a tad obsessed lol :-)

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 08:57:50 AM »

I thinkGill has the crux of it.  Most of us on here are maybe a tad too obsessed about our furbabes.  Personally I wouldnt have it any other way.   ;)

And where else would you find a Meowmy gettin up at 3 a.m., letting a cat out for a wee and waiting for him to come back in?  :rofl:

A friend of mine lived in a rented flat which had UPVC doors.  The landlord permitted her to have a cat, but she hated him not being able to get in due to the lack of a flap.  Eventually, she hit on the idea of leaving the bathroom window open so the cat could get in and uut.  Unfortunately so did a burglar, whom she encountered in her kitchen one night as she got up to go to the bathroom.  The guy fled back out the way he came, taking part of the window frame with him.   :-: After that, she had a flap installed in the glass, so they can at least replace the pane when they leave.    :innocent:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
My/Our/Your Lucky cats!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:22:59 AM »
Oh I know they are mostly fine. it was just an observation, lots of smelly houses without carpets so I'd imagine it's unlikely the cats have beds or toys if the family can't get flooring down ( yeah I'm meaning no carpet .... No nothing... Not just another form of flooring..  No flooring!)

Cats being out is fine but one wee cat was trying to get into all the neighbours doors I was knocking and they were moaning he does it a lot. Yet his owner (a wee lad of about 11 with no shoes on) was trying to get him in but the staffie in residence seemed to be putting the cat off!

The wee kittens I saw were def too young to be out... Way too young. It was pouring with rain and i couldn't see them at first they were so teeny! A lot of dogs confined to back gardens and the like. Just a different life I suppose.

I don't doubt the animals are loved but well... It was just a bit sad!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 02:24:33 AM by caledonia »

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 21:57:20 PM »
I think you might be worrying and upsetting yourself for no reason in some cases  :hug:  Bonnie is indoor but when I had my Smudge R.I.P - he would go out for no more than a hour at a time and if anyone saw him sat on my window sill they would have thought I was a cruel mum not letting him in cos his face would be saying 'let me in'  ;).  99% of the time I would see him straight away and let him in but if I was in the bath or doing housework anywhere other than the living room he would have to wait that little bit longer until I noticed him.  No way was I a cruel mum as he slept on the pillow next to me every night and I would be stood on the doorstep at 3.00 a.m. waiting for him to have a pee and come back in after him waking me to go out  :rofl:

As for all the cats' bits that you saw - afraid that will always be a problem  >:(

Gill, my local RSPCA always have posters around in different supermarkets etc. and they always have offers on for people to get their cats and dogs done.  However, I too wish the BIG RSPCA branches would put ads on the TV - I know they are very expensive but it would be worth it now and again.

Mary

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 21:24:29 PM »
Its very sad and think on Purrs we especially spoil and look after our cats and try and help where ever possible and its so hard not to be judgemental but everyone cant do what we do and I bet in their hearts they love their cats as much as us.

There is also the issue of lack of education about neutering..............so wish RSPCA would put some giant ads on TV about this......sigh

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
My/Our/Your Lucky cats!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 20:55:31 PM »
Apologies as this is my second grumble of the day but today I was out doing door knocks for people not yet returned their voters form. I've been doing it the last few weeks and not in the best part of town. Households generally not very well off and probably not feeling very involved in society.

Anyway the level of pet ownership is huge - so many big dogs and I would say about 80% of homes seemed to have cats. I don't doubt these animals are all very much loved but oh it made me appreciate what lovely homes I see cats having on here as well as my own.

It was wet, raining and cold today and so many cats, some tiny kittens, cowering at doors waiting to get in their homes.  I would also suggest a lot of cats avoiding going home cos of the barking dogs & screaming kids they are contending with! They most guess I'm a cat lover cos I end up with at least a couple of cats following me about.

Anyway I don't doubt these houses love their animals but I suspect neutering and stimulation are way down the list of priorities .... I saw a lot of male cats bits today :-(

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Link to CatChat