Author Topic: Black cats are the hardest to rehome!  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Black cats are the hardest to rehome!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 23:11:48 PM »
We have 4 black & 2 black & whites  :catluv:

We took pity on the other 2 oddballs as didn't want to appear to show any preference  :innocent:

Absolutely delishuss pics from Peter Gittens  :wow:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 16:40:02 PM »
Fingers crossed they're not waiting too much longer, makes me so sad to think of all these cats languishing in rescues up and down the country because they're not as colourful as others  :(

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
The Scratching Post team are great. Luna (b&w) and Cleo (smoke) are from there and they are well worth supporting. We'd heard about black kittens being hardest to home so wanted them all the more.

Offline paddypaws101

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nellie, Paddy, Murphy ( Now all at the Bridge), Peggy and Mitzy and Milo, Millie and Monty, Woody and Wiggins
Black cats are the hardest to rehome!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:34:23 AM »
I am sure that all of you rescue-minded members here are well aware of this issue.
A lovely professional photographer Peter Gettins, who has a black and white rescue beauty of his own, recently volunteered his time and skill at www.scratchingpost.co.uk to get a load of shots of their monochrome inmates and has put together this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HByi9r3kUGQ
watch it and enjoy...oh those fluffy kittens!....then pass it on to FB etc to highlight this issue.

Link to CatChat