Author Topic: Insurance again..........sigh Bloomin AXA renewals  (Read 11921 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Insurance again..........sigh Bloomin AXA renewals
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 21:37:28 PM »
But both were already over 10!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 21:36:09 PM »
AXA put the same sort of increase on Trigger when was past 10, so I think that must be a policy of theirs, as at the time I had never claimed for him

that of course was what made me cancel the policy, and that of course is what led to  me having to use up almost all the money I  had in the bank to pay for his radioactive iodine treatment

you can't win, but boy you can lose :Crazy:

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 20:54:14 PM »
my sainsburys renewal went up £5 per month each this time as well, no claims on either!  unfortunately as with all these things the loyal customers get hammered so new people can get discounts

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Insurance again..........sigh Bloomin AXA renewals
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 20:47:39 PM »
All my cats are insured with AXA and now have the renewal price for Misa and Sasa.

AXA have always told me and I believe others that the renewal price is not based on claims but on the area one lives in.

I think this will prove that AXA are blatently lying and will be interested in your comments  :innocent:

Right here we go:

Misa moggy aged 11yrs just.........Current price pm  £10.30            renewal £17.10

Sasa moggy aged 14yrs just.........Current price pm £12.82             renewal £16.34

In the last few months Misa had to be fully investigated as it was suspected he had some grass caught some where and bill was about £400.

Sasa is off to the vet tomorrow and could be very expensive but AXA dont know this.

So both cats were senior cats already, one has gone up £7 and the other £4...........both increases are way over the top as Sasa hasnt had any treatment for years and this was Misas first ever treatment.

Now looking at it from AXAs end just on my cats.........The cost of Misas treatment is more than double the annual treatment premium but of course Sasa has had no treatment.

What do I do and only have this week to do anything.

I must have the cats insured as I am still paying the £2000 that Napoleons treatment cost me after I stopped his insurance and also payed out a lot for Ducha last year cos also stopped his insurance and all my slush fund of over £500 went in one go.

Do I ring AXA and ask why, at the risk they have mispriced Sasa and increase it but why are the rates being increased to a stupid level? Are Axa just trying to force people out as I was with Napoleon and Ducha whose last renewal price was so high I couldnt afford it.

Lupin another birman is already costing me over £12 and he is only two years old.

Could someone get a quote from AXA for an 11yr old healthy moggy, male longhair and will pm my postcode if you can.

Just interested to see what they will quote.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 20:56:40 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline), Reason: wrong word used »

Link to CatChat