Author Topic: Insurance again..........sigh Bloomin AXA renewals  (Read 11922 times)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
Re: Insurance again..........sigh Bloomin AXA renewals
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
The only thing I'd add is to bear in mind that many companies will offer lower premiums to get you to sign up but you may well find that when it's renewal time it increases a lot and ends up  more expensive.
[/quote]

That is most true.

Direct Line currently insure Luna and Cleo at a cost of £17 pm for both of them under their top cover which pays out up to £6k a year with lifetime cover but no policy is perfect as they all have their "catches". 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 07:10:16 AM »
Any advice appreciated too please.
Pandora is with AXA insurance . Last night did some quotes for Smudgie and Cody , 14 and 15 months old. Both came out at £12 ish.
Today I got a call from more than insurance.
They quoted Pandora ( 7 and a half ) £9.87. currently paying AXA just under £14 .
They said they could do all 3 cats for £35 . All Persians .
AXA wanted roughly £14 each for Cody and Smudgie.
Insurance covers £7000 per year per condition ,no matter how
long they have the condition. If I have to go in hospital £600 per pet for chattery or a pet sitter of my choice. Covers medication for how long they need it
£50 excess and you only pay that once.
Loss or theft £200 each .
Also a 24 hour vet nurse if I need to speak to one ( would phone my own vet though !)
Sending me the policies to look over and have 14 days to take or reject .
Any thoughts please?

The only thing I'd add is to bear in mind that many companies will offer lower premiums to get you to sign up but you may well find that when it's renewal time it increases a lot and ends up  more expensive.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 00:55:35 AM »
When I started this thread I checked out as many insurances as I could and agree with Helen,

There was no insurance I could get cheaper than AXA and there were very few that would insure a 14yr old cat!

The %age plus the excess goes up rapidly as the cats get older on most insurances and on one , cant remember which you end up paying £100 plus about 45% of the rest!

Very few companies pay out on the same basis as AXA and they only pay out per codition for the lefe of the cat. They call it life cover but it isnt cos once you reach the max there are no more payouts and as your cat gets older thats when you really need the insurance.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 23:31:04 PM »
Thanks -will check it out properly .
None of them have any pre existing conditions though .
I was told this is the top cover on the phone today ! will check it out a bit more .
Any recommendations appreciated -thanks a lot.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 22:09:12 PM »
Insurance covers £7000 per year per condition ,no matter how long they have the condition.

I don't think More Than is 7k per year, per condition. Fairly sure it's 7k per condition and that 7k can be spread out over as many years as needed but when you've spent 7k on that one condition then that's it - they won't pay out any further. With Axa it's 7k each and every year in total on vets fees with the pot resetting each year.

The 'top' cover is per year (eg Axa, Petplan), the next best would be a high amount per condition and able to be spread out over more than one year (eg More Than).

Re the excess, More Than charge a % aswell as the £50 excess for pets over 9 so in a year and a bit you'll be paying £50 + 20% of the total claim for Pandora. Never heard of thsi before but just looked at their policy documents online and it says you have to pay £50 + 10% for pets under 9 - never heard of a % for younger cats.

Cats under 9 - £50 + 10% of the rest of the cost of the veterinary treatment/complementary therapy
Cats over 9 - £50 + 20% of the rest of the cost of the veterinary treatment/complementary therapy

http://www.morethan.com/process/documents/petpolwording.pdf

Does Pandora have any pre-existing conditions? If she has I wouldn't risk moving her at all.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 21:47:49 PM »
Any advice appreciated too please.
Pandora is with AXA insurance . Last night did some quotes for Smudgie and Cody , 14 and 15 months old. Both came out at £12 ish.
Today I got a call from more than insurance.
They quoted Pandora ( 7 and a half ) £9.87. currently paying AXA just under £14 .
They said they could do all 3 cats for £35 . All Persians .
AXA wanted roughly £14 each for Cody and Smudgie.
Insurance covers £7000 per year per condition ,no matter how
long they have the condition. If I have to go in hospital £600 per pet for chattery or a pet sitter of my choice. Covers medication for how long they need it
£50 excess and you only pay that once.
Loss or theft £200 each .
Also a 24 hour vet nurse if I need to speak to one ( would phone my own vet though !)
Sending me the policies to look over and have 14 days to take or reject .
Any thoughts please?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 13:18:56 PM »
Yes you would have to declare it although most companies are not asking for the declaration when you join but when you first claim they ask for a full copy of the vet records and its highly unlikely that the vet will falsify anything.

I have checked with my vet and Misa and Sasa have no pre-existing comdions but Lupin the youngest may not be clear.

Many companies employ claims handlers including AXA and that company also works for others too.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
My concern is that if I change, I'll have to declare the pancreatitis as a pre-exist. Insurance companies are pretty much all the same. If there's even a hint of the symptoms before you insure, that's not going to get paid for.

True - AND they share customer data between companies, so if you've claimed previously for a condition then not declared it to a new company, they can check.

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Peggy (RB)
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 08:53:02 AM »
My concern is that if I change, I'll have to declare the pancreatitis as a pre-exist. Insurance companies are pretty much all the same. If there's even a hint of the symptoms before you insure, that's not going to get paid for.

Peggy 01/01/2001(approx) - 28/06/13
Peace at last.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 01:15:41 AM »
I have just renewed my 2 for the next year, will look around next time as I don't want to have to pay that 10% of treatment when they get older!  :Crazy:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 19:26:36 PM »
I tried JL for my two new kittens.       They wanted £20 more per month to cover them than Petplan.     The level of cover was comparable as well!     

Ginger is insured with sainsburys and his premiums doubled this year.     Trouble is now he has an existing condition I can't consider changing him.
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »
Thanks , will try John Lewis.

Afraid quotes I got from Animal Friends was a very high excess and the amount they would pay out was not good even at the highest level.

Think it was them who had a Accident and Injury cover which did not cover illness at the top end, so be very careful to read the small print.

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 07:56:50 AM »
Oh thanks for that, I'll see what they say.

Peace at last.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 14:08:09 PM »
Ask for a quote from Animal Friends, Huge. They don't discriminate for Age.

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 13:43:53 PM »
It's probably too late to change now due to Peggy's age, but I pay a ridiculous amount of excess, PLUS 20% of bill -excess because of her age.

I'm on Petplan, which the Blue Cross told me was good (as did my vet).

It was £50 when I first joined...

Peace at last.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 13:06:34 PM »
Yes AXA direct.

I have just done three searches, one for gocompare and next for supermarket.com and cannot get a decent quote for Misa and on gocompare many companies will not give a quote cos he is over 9 years old!

I tried aviva and sainsburys and both will not quote for the same reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gill, I don't understand Aviva not quoting. Both of mine are over 10 and as I said earlier, insured with Aviva.  :-:

Probably cos they will only keep over 9yr olds on the books if they were insured before becoming 9.
Ah, I guess that could be the case.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 13:06:07 PM »
I just changed from axa to John Lewis it was axe I was talking about earlier when I said sainsburys  :-[

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 13:04:20 PM »
Gill , i was told to try John Lewis for insurance ! Perhaps you can get a quote from them .

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
Yes AXA direct.

I have just done three searches, one for gocompare and next for supermarket.com and cannot get a decent quote for Misa and on gocompare many companies will not give a quote cos he is over 9 years old!

I tried aviva and sainsburys and both will not quote for the same reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gill, I don't understand Aviva not quoting. Both of mine are over 10 and as I said earlier, insured with Aviva.  :-:

Probably cos they will only keep over 9yr olds on the books if they were insured before becoming 9.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Insurance again..........sigh Bloomin AXA renewals
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »
I havent come across a vet who wont accept payment from insurer!

I haven't came accross one who will lol!! I just use my credit cards normally - not ideal but there for emergencies!

Seems older cats are being penalised - total nightmare! And a quandary as to what to do :-(
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:29 AM »

Really?  I haven't come across one who will!  Mine won't.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »
Yes AXA direct.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 23:25:49 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 23:10:10 PM »
Can Axa pay your vet direct? I didn't know this :-/

They can but it's totally up to the vet whether they will accept this.  Most won't and will expect you to pay the bill in full and then claim back from the insurer.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 22:50:20 PM »
Yes AXA direct.

I didnt bother to do petplan as know they are more expensive than AXA

So looks like the better companies who are well underwritten are knocking out young cats...........9 years old is not half of most cats life! I suspect that if you insure when they are young thats fine but may increase like AXA once they get older.

Most companies that did quote have very low payouts and very high excess ie £99 plus up to 35% of the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I am stuck with AXA!

This is very bad news for those taking on older cats unless they have loads of dosh or payout for a very bad policy.

Thank you everyone for your info, very much appreciated.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 21:33:51 PM »
I dont know snarf.

Sasa is having dental work tomorrow and staying overnight tonight,

I have told Gareth about the increased rates and he was horrified at Misas and has confirmed that even after Sasas treatment neither of them have any pre-existing conditions, so am gonna have a gander at rates later. Sasas blood tests are A1 much to my surprise and this is wonderful news  ;D ;D

I think that AXA are forcing out senoir cats by giving them stupid prices, felt that two years ago with the birmans.

All you with cheap prices for pedigrees, have you registered them as pedigrees with AXA?

I really dont want to have to pay and claim back so need an insurance who pays out without a problem direct to vets and am starting to think that AXA is just the same as all the others.

Rio is registered as a pedigree but Axa don't list siberians so nina is listed as a long haired tabby!

They are def trying to push out older cats, that's exactly what I thought!

Now can I ask a silly question but a couple of folk have mentioned their insurance paying their vets directly! I just pay my vets and claim back. With two different vets and two different insurance companies. Can Axa pay your vet direct? I didn't know this :-/

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 20:13:31 PM »
I dont know snarf.

Sasa is having dental work tomorrow and staying overnight tonight,

I have told Gareth about the increased rates and he was horrified at Misas and has confirmed that even after Sasas treatment neither of them have any pre-existing conditions, so am gonna have a gander at rates later. Sasas blood tests are A1 much to my surprise and this is wonderful news  ;D ;D

I think that AXA are forcing out senoir cats by giving them stupid prices, felt that two years ago with the birmans.

All you with cheap prices for pedigrees, have you registered them as pedigrees with AXA?

I really dont want to have to pay and claim back so need an insurance who pays out without a problem direct to vets and am starting to think that AXA is just the same as all the others.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 19:47:01 PM »
Ive not read everything so apologies if this has been said but is the discount anything to do with 2nd cat?- sparecat is and has always been cheaper than lucifer as she has a discount for 2nd policy, about 10% i think, Neko has it too but is 4 years younger. Ive claimed for both sparecat and louey but small and my axa policies have just been renewed at about 50p a month more than last year. fair enough in my opinion. both are 6 years so well below the age that premiums seem to jump so i may feel differently in a few years!

The problem with Axa seems to be really reasonable increases until aged 12 or so then bam.... They just jump at ridiculous levels. I actually had Nina's premium DROP one year with Axa but the boys were jumping up.

Axa only offer 5% discount for second pet which isn't all that much :-(

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 19:26:17 PM »
Ive not read everything so apologies if this has been said but is the discount anything to do with 2nd cat?- sparecat is and has always been cheaper than lucifer as she has a discount for 2nd policy, about 10% i think, Neko has it too but is 4 years younger. Ive claimed for both sparecat and louey but small and my axa policies have just been renewed at about 50p a month more than last year. fair enough in my opinion. both are 6 years so well below the age that premiums seem to jump so i may feel differently in a few years!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 17:13:15 PM »
Tufty is three years old DLH and costing £17.82 pm with Petplan Gold (£85 excess) this takes into account two previous claims for cystitis and his broken toe  :doh: Good service, though - excellent in fact.

Theo is seven years old and is costing £15 pm with Animal Friends, this takes into account his £2000+ cruciate operation.

The quote for all seven with Petplan (Not including Chubby, FIV+ are impossible to get quotes for) was over £100 per month. We decided to stick with saving this premium in a separate bank account for unexpected incidents and at the moment we're in the black - fingers crossed - despite Sly's latest forays at AHT.  :doh:

Personally, I like Animal Friends as they don't penalise older animals and the cover per condition is for life.

Animal Friends, however, are unpopular with my vet, and I need to pay first then be re-imbursed - I think they've had issues where the insurer has failed to cough up and the owners have run into disputes.

Sadly Tufty wasn't even with us 1 month before he got a severe UTI blockage and needed VetsNow, so Petplan was our only option (free insurance with every new microchip for 4 weeks, see?). Thankfully we kept it up so his accident prone lifestyle isn't too much of a hardship.  :innocent:

Hope everything's alright with Sasa, Gill?  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 14:32:41 PM »
Thanks everyone and I camcelled the  birmans insurance because it went to a crazy level............why is Lupin so much more expensive than other pedigrees?

Sadly cant change insurers with Lupin but Misas claim was a one off and he has no pre-existing conditions.

Sasa.........just about to start trying to trap her................its too late too I am sure.

Axa are just playing silly devils and know who ever I have as an insurere must have good conditions, I know Pet Plan are silly prices and Aviva wont be on comparison sites but will look at that cos my car and house both are with Aviva.

Will have to get working tonight to look around for Misa and am sure that AXA are trying to force out older cats but cant afford another huge bill that takes me 20 months to pay off at £100 a month being on a pension.

My vets are very good cos they knocked off nearly £1000 off that bill, I think cos they knew Napoleon was not insured but I went to the end of the world to try and get him better  :(

Off to try and ttrap Sasa!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »
I would try a comparison site Gill, even just to give you an idea which company might give you a better deal. You can then ring to see about existing conditions?

I went with PDSA, but I know when mine get to over 7 I need to pay 10% of any total bill!!!  :Crazy:

It is a ridiculous increase, if you find a better offer AXA might match it when you ring to cancel? I know these things are a hassle, but if saves your pennies....
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
We had our dog insured with More Than  (more than anyone else I think!) He's 4 now and the premiums have crept up and up from £14 a month to £37!!! this year even though we have had no claims. I phoned and said this was mad and they offered me £1 off  >:( I cancelled the policy and took out one with Animal Friends (£14 a month) Today (2 months later) they send a letter asking me to come back at £24 a month. No thanks!
You are trapped a bit Gill if the cats have an ongoing condition as this will not be covered should you move. If Sasa has no claims though you could start her anew but you have to wait 2 weeks for cover to come in to force with Animal Friends.
I never insured Callie and Monty having had bad previous experience and now just put away money for vet bills for them in a fund. They don't go out except in a secured garden so some risks are minimal with them.
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:04 AM »
Don't even get me started on Axa!!! Last year my old boys got through their insurance renewals.

Edgar was 14 coming up for 15 and having gradually increased from just over £11 aged 11 to £13.odds at 14, last years renewal came through and it was £24!!!! I kid you not!!

Oscar was pretty much the same except his renewal went from £13.odds to £23. Now ironically Oscar had had the biggest claim that year (his first).

Edgar had had a claim of less than £100 after excess, his first in four years and his premium nearly doubled! I was gobsmacked and had to stop their insurance. I also just couldn't figure out how Edgar was getting a bigger hike than costly Oscar!

So Gill I quite believe those figures - Axa didn't even try and pretend with me the figures weren't connected to my claims. Nothing said to me about area.

Nina (4 year old siberian) is still with them £6.37 a month and I just insured Rio (2 year old Maine coon) and he is £6.97 a month which they have assured me includes 5% discount but nothing in my paperwork verifies that. Sometimes I wonder whether I'd be better to save the money but I just can't take the risk!!

I get how car and home insurance are through the roof but seriously I can't imagine their are many fraudulent vets that account for such steep rises!!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
I've just renewed my insurance with Aviva. I have to say I am very pleased with their prices and premiums. Both Toby and Molly turned 10 this year so I was expecting a huge increase, but no, not really that much.

I'm now paying £7.55 a month for Toby and £6.15 a month for Molly. This is for the Gold cover but they also offer a platinum one.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 07:18:12 AM »

Oh Gill - that's a heck of an increase.  I must admit, AXA hammered us for insurance in Tess's last two years - when they put it up to £27 and that was considering we'd made no claims at all, not even for her cruciate, we cancelled it, as I knew if anything else happened, it was going to be time to let her go, bless her.  I know she was old too, but I felt the increase in the insurance was phenomenal.

Whereas with Paddy, we had him insured through Healthy pets, and his insurance never got above £10.00.

A lot of pet insurance providers have pulled out of the business in the last couple of years, because they said the risks were increasing too quickly.  Of course the veterinary practices traditionally blame the insurers and vice-versa. 

I hope you can get a more competitive quote from AXA.  have you tried looking elsewhere?  I know it's difficult when you've previously made claims, but might be worth a shot?   :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:15:28 AM »
Thanks Rosella, sadly I have a £75 excess which I seriously regret, I kept Lupin at £50.

Yes the renewal date is exactly the same for both as I got them together.

The info is upto date for both and just dont understand why Misa is now so much more than Sasa but dont think that its a good idea to challenge this bearing in mind the other prices you have all given.

Lupin is expensive cos he is a pedigree and was expecting the price to drop in August but it didnt and went up pennies.

I waited till he was 1yr old before insuring because the under one premium was huge.

Since the renewal for Lupin he has had a huge bill too so heavens knows what they will do next year.

Thank you all for all the info.

Gill that is very cheap for Pandora.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 23:36:06 PM »
I pay £17.98 for Jaffa (15 yr old moggy).  I can't remember the increase at last renewal (about June I think) but I don't think it was a huge hike - got a feeling it was about £16 previously.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 23:16:10 PM »
Pandora is with AXA and her insurance went from £10 to £13.50 and she had one claim for around £100 she is only 7 years old .
The two 13 month olds, Cody and Smudgie,  were quoted almost £14 each  :-: not done them yet , but must do very soon.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 22:59:48 PM »
I have just requested quotes for both of them Gill using my post code as my address book is at the office.  In any event, assuming both exactly the same except sex and age with a £50 excess, it came up with the following monthly premiums:

Misa £14.51
Sasa £17.15

which makes more sense than your quotes which impose a higher premium for a younger cat  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:  Do they both have exactly the same renewal date?  I was told the renewal premium is calculated based on claims made generally in your area within the 30 days prior to renewal premium being calculated and not therefore possible to compare with a new policy quote. 

Have you thoroughly checked that info they have for Misa is up to date?  i.e. neutered, chipped etc.  Perhaps they have had a lot of claims for male cats?  Perhaps they do now calculate premiums taking into account previous claims?  Why do you only have a week to decide?

I recently had Groucho's renewal and it didn't change much at all but tbh I was hoping it would go down a little as it did when the girls reached their 2nd birthday.

Link to CatChat