Author Topic: Big update on Purdy and Poppy  (Read 1415 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Big update on Purdy and Poppy
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 21:20:50 PM »
aww i'm so sorry you've had to make that very hard decision  :'(

was Poppy the "Boss" of the 2? If so, Purdy's vocalness may just be her becoming her own personality just as much as it could be grieving. I'm not sure theres anywhere specific for feliway although hallways/landings may need one up & one down due to the space it has to cover.

The best place may be the places she perhaps doesnt feel as secure in? whereas she does feel safe in the bedroom as she sleeps there...I could be wrong, but i'm sure more experienced Feliway users will be able to help  :)

Hope Purdy is ok soon  :hug: and also hope Poppy continues to be happy in her new home  :Luv2: :Luv2:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline caz1979

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Purdy and Poppy
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 20:56:00 PM »
 :( no i didnt know about it before, where do u plug yours in? Put mine in the bedroom as she spends quite alot of time in there sleeping on my sons bed x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 20:49:05 PM »
Feliway is excellent.  I wouldn't be without it.  Did you try it to see if it might help Poppy?  I wish we had mentioned it before Poppy left but glad to hear she is happy in her new home. 

It can be difficult integrating young children and kittens  :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 20:49:32 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline caz1979

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 20:19:27 PM »
They didnt seem to play togther that often and slept seperately,but still she probaly is missing her,ill give it a while longer as its only been a week and a half,was bad enough giving Poppy away would be even harder giving Purdy away aswell,am also considering letting her out but we live on the 1st floor of a block so not sure if would work x :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 17:02:28 PM »
Very sad and I agree with Mumbles.

Its so true that cats greive and can take as long or longer than humans to get over their loss

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 14:04:55 PM »
Could your friend take Purdy as well? I must say the thought of splitting my two 18 month old cats up would be heart breaking. They are so close, they do everything together. I worry about something happens to one of them as I know the other one would be so lost.  Maybe yours weren't that close, I've heard other people say their cat grieve for the loss of other cats in the household even when they aren't that close, as they just miss having the other cat there. 

I think you will need to give her lots of extra attention, plays with her and give her lots of treats. Did they play together? She could be missing that as well and might be getting bored.   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 13:55:53 PM »
Sorry to hear this  :hug: It must have been a horrible decision to have to make but sounds like it was in Poppy's best interests  :hug:

I have had good results with the feliway diffuser for a nervy/sensitive cat, they can take a few days to 'kick in' though. I hope that Purdy settles down and that Poopy continues to do well in her new home  :hug:

Offline caz1979

• Adult Cat
Big update on Purdy and Poppy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
Well after chats with my vet and others it was decided best to rehome Poppy as she wasnt coping with the kids and still peeing everywhere.Well shes gone to a friend and has settled well.but Purdy on the other hand is now very vocal and i guess missig her sister so i brought a feliway diffuser and some stuff to go on her food in the hope it will settle her,any tips would be fab xx or anyone else had success with the diffusers? x

Link to CatChat