Author Topic: Advice on Kitten Food  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Witchling86

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Spirit
Re: Advice on Kitten Food
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »
Thanks Ladies for your advice

Well he's happy with the Felix and Purina so we will continue with as long as he continues to eat it. Although have noticed he prefers the meaty flavours over the fish so will go for the meat selection box next time not the mixed one.

Right must dash we are off to the vet for his check and jabs

x

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
My current kittens are on whiskas in Jelly and Felix AGAIL kiytten food with a selection of kitten biscuits and are blooming, especially my 2 with heart problems Ollie and Jasmine, my adults like all kitten food :shocked:

My fosters were on this to and all homed from bedraggled feral kittens to goegeous shiney coated kittens with proud new owners
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 00:15:41 AM »
There is nothing wrong with Whiskers or Felix, there are better quality foods but they make some cats ill and other cats dont like them

What is imperitive is that your kitten eats, and its better to feed what he likes than let him starve.

And starve he will cos just leaving them with food they hate doesnt mean they will eat to save their lives, sadly.

Offline Witchling86

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Spirit
Advice on Kitten Food
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 22:59:58 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted before but after searching can't find what I wanted.

I have recently been adopted by a stray kitten and after being contacted by his owner who no longer wants him he is now part of our family.

The first night that he turned up I went and borrowed some kitten food from our neighbors who I know have new babies too, they feed Purina One which he scofffed (poor boy was hungry), so as he liked that I bought another bag and he still really enjoys that. I have tried a few kitten wet foods with him and the only one that he likes is the Felix.

Just after your opinions as I know when I worked at the rescue center the manger of the cattery liked to feed JWB to kittens and hated Felix and Whiskers wet food, so interested in your opinions

Thanks in advance

Stacey

Link to CatChat