Author Topic: WARNING..contains content of idiot people and unwanted mummy cat & kittens  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: WARNING..contains content of idiot people and unwanted mummy cat & kittens
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 20:52:12 PM »

Is your pet dog pregnant and about to have her pups?  Will you be delivering the litter at home? If so, a TV company would be very interested in talking to you about the possibility of filming you and your pet at this very special time. We won’t be broadcasting the footage but we’re happy to edit it into a short film for you to keep.

We’re also keen to hear from other pet owners who are about to become pet midwives? Perhaps your cat is getting ready to deliver her kittens? Or you have chicks about to hatch?

Hi Tom

Further to my email, as we are a cat rescue support site and do not endorse breeding or cat pregnancy, we are unable to help with your request. Sorry. 

There are so so many needy cats and kittens desperate for homes all over the UK, It would be wonderful to do a tv programme on that to help the already overwhelmed cat rescues trying to care for them ;D ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 17:57:49 PM »
You have been told twice that this site will not allow this link without the admins permission.

As far as I know this permission has not been given but still you continue to put the link up.

You are now warned that you will banned from the site if you publish one more link.

Offline tomreef

• Kitten
Re: Pregnant Pets?
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 17:17:07 PM »

Is your pet dog pregnant and about to have her pups?  Will you be delivering the litter at home? If so, a TV company would be very interested in talking to you about the possibility of filming you and your pet at this very special time. We won’t be broadcasting the footage but we’re happy to edit it into a short film for you to keep.

We’re also keen to hear from other pet owners who are about to become pet midwives? Perhaps your cat is getting ready to deliver her kittens? Or you have chicks about to hatch?

Whatever your story please contact Tom Strong on xx
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 17:55:13 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 01:51:50 AM »
Considering as a kid, the majority of cats & dogs we had were female i dont ever remember any of them in heat prior to spaying either! :-[ I wouldnt mind, but it wasnt as though I was stretching it with Evies neutering as from the info the rescue had she was 6mths on 10th August and we had her booked for just 2 weeks later. She was eventually done on the 13th  :Crazy: she was possessed!  :doh:

I just dont understand some people.... :( they didnt want that cat for whatever reason, yet were risking it multiplying and being left with more? I wonder if the woman hoped this young kittie would start to live with the ferals but it didnt work out that way? who knows.

omg!  >:( its so maddening  >:( and well done you for going to Georgia's rescue  :hug:
my neighbours daughter rescued 4 kittens from a farm as when her friend went to look at them he told her he was going to drown them if he didnt get rid of them all that week  :censored: >:( :'( so she went up and got them all. They tried to persuade him to let them take the mother for spaying and bring her back but he didnt, so they have told CP, see if he'll accept their help for neutering. It makes you sick, cos the only reason these kittens of inconvenience are about is because he failed the mother by not preventing it in the first place  >:( >:(

Even my boys were done before they knew why they'd dropped  :-[ its basic care and although they dont come home with kittens the last thing you need it is them being responsible for boosting the population  :-[
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 15:31:53 PM »
I think i was lucky with georgia as she was quite heavy she got spayed before she had a heat so never got to witness it thankfully, saying that we looked at a cat before georgia and they let her in from out the back and explained she was in season so liked to be getting it on with all the ferals and their other cat :Crazy: they seemed very annoyed when i said i couldnt take her as she might be pregnant and although i wanted an older kitten, i didnt actually want a possibly pregnant one :Crazy:
Im sure because this area has the big rspca centre that people just think oh well we can allways drop them off their if we get bored :innocent:
thats how i got georgia..a lady was going to dump her that night as she was the one of the litter that hadnt been sold :-[ poor georgia!! so i flew up on bus and got her off woman...you cant just dump animals like that :censored:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 15:18:41 PM »
Hopefully what you said will have hit home, it certainly hit a nerve! LOL and good to see that you were supported, by her family no less  :) thats a win as far as i can see!!

People need to think before they get the cute kittens whether or not they can afford vacs, neutering etc. I dont know where they think their cats go when they go out, but unneutered its usually to the first available tom/queen  :tired: and just seeing my kitten go into heat for the first time at the beginning of August, they are not the most reluctant female of the animal world - infact they are tramps!  :doh: needless to say her planned spay was brought forward a few weeks  :shocked: If they dont want to neuter their pets, but dont want babies - they are better suited to a Panda...   :Crazy: :Crazy:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
thanks shiela, the girl in question is a cousin of my friend so i dont actually know her personally..thankgod apart from her comments towards me on facebook :Crazy: no loss there then, yeah im glad i tried to drum some sense into her...maybe she has stopped and thinked about it all as some members of their family actually clicked "like" on my comments so wasnt alone in my viewpoint :Crazy: my friend was apologetic for the cousin anyway, and i dont know where cousin lives so doubtfully will ever meet her in person...if i did i wouldnt change my opinion though.some people just shouldnt bloomin keep pets full stop.  :innocent:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
You can't fix the whole world, Jo, but I salute you for trying to fix one part of it.

You might feel put out by all this rigmarole but you can bet your life she's got the message.

Job done.  ;D

And frankly, she's not worth the trouble of staying "facebook friends" with if this is how she behaves towards a so-called beloved family pet. Good riddance. Look forward to being unfriended.

Now relax, say soothing mantras like "I'm not always right but I am this time" and think up some polite put-downs you can say to her next time you bump into her on the street  :sneaky:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 23:38:23 PM »
thxs hun, ive arranged for another friend to come too.. just so its not two awkward :shy: yeah wendy is one of those nice people in life, shes very blonde and pretty so you expect her to be full of self confidence etc but shes just got a great heart and id say one of the good souls in life. its rare to meet genuinely nice people in life so hated the thought of her getting upset. shes not a person who gets into conflict etc so wouldnt have liked to have upset her.
her cousin well...least said the better! xx

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 23:33:23 PM »
it is depressing and sometimes nothing you say or do for people will ever sink in. Its like they are the victims are unable to take responsibility for their actions and even if they do see they're doing wrong they then set about lying about their reasons for not wanting these animals. I think the classics are: New Baby, Child has allergy, its not mine its a stray, I'm moving.

You're friend saw your point of view and her cousin shouldnt have spoken to anyone like that and its good she told them so  :hug: Meet for your coffee, have a vent - even if it is about the cats. Just let it all go. Its what us girls do best. Venting and listening to venting. You need this meet up so dont let people who dont have very many brain cells between them stop you having a good ole catch up with your friend  :)  :hug:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 22:29:36 PM »
well my poor friend came on, saw whats happened and told the girl (her cousin it turns out :Crazy:) off for having a go at me ..saying shes disrespectfull as i was just pointing out reality etc, one of my friends male cousin was accusing me of basically being a spitefull cow, stirring up trouble on facebook etc :innocent:
i told him that i cant sit and pat her on the back and pander to her behaviour, its wrong..someone has to say it.  what can you do :innocent:
so theres now a poor mummy cat and 4 3 week old kittens to add to the already overflowing rescue sitution. i said if they dont get homed they may likely get pts...of course im just the nasty cat lady :innocent:
i imagine i will read about them being dumped before the weeks out :-[

im sopposed to meet my friend this week for coffee as told her im depressed and unwell so it was part of the drag jo out of the house campaign...poor girl will be scared to mention cats :-[ thankfully though at least she knows her cousins behaviour is wrong. and that is why i know so few people in my area.....I felt like Jeremy kyle trying to educate the witless idiots .
I dont know how people work in rescues and deal with this day to day, i was in tears after this...having to hear people each day with such mad excuses and defenses..im sorry i think i would end up beating someone :Crazy: :(

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 21:48:00 PM »
good for you for saying something!! its so maddening  >:( >:( >:(

My friend wanted a kitten and I told her what she'd have to do etc etc and said are you sure you want one blah blah (trying to put her off) and yes she did. I happened to go round and said about how did she go when she got spayed and thats when she told me it wasnt  :doh: so i gave her several numbers and my best lecture told her to organise it and that was great she'd sort it monday. Not 2 darn weeks later she texts saying the kids left the door open and she thinks shes pregnant....  :censored:   >:(  4 kittens homed later and she was definitely getting it sorted cos she cant go through the whole kitten thing again blah blah  :-[
then it happened again.......... >:( >:(  BOOM i exploded just like you did.
She gave the whole thing about how it wasnt her fault the kids let her out and I told her that she was selfish and that it was  :censored: fault & had she done that one thing the poor thing could just go out whenever she wanted & that if she didnt sort it i'd take it off her. Lucikily she wasnt pregnant and she got her rehomed where she was spayed and happy. I have known my friend many years and told her if she got another cat i would strangle her with my bare hands  >:( >:( >:(
I told her in the beginning dont commit if you cant even do the basics. Its cruel and she was cruel.

People are selfish, they get animals on a whim and then expect other people to bail them out and pick up the pieces because they arent cute any more and are hard work and because shock, horror, they're pregnant - as if they are bewildered on how on earth it even happened  >:(
Its about time owning animals was more regulated! I share your frustration arrrghhhhhhh

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 17:18:20 PM »
I had to turn off laptop for my own safety/sanity :-[
worse is my friend who is a lovely girl hasnt commented , she is one of those genuinely nice, never says a bad word about anyone types so think shes probably crept off to bake pink cupcakes in trauma looool
my friends dad came on to say girls stop fighting, get ur claws back in etc.. as he just thought it was hilarious :innocent: :innocent:
so i said basically sometimes things have to be said, it may not make me popular but someone has to try to educate these people and not pat them on the back saying gosh its not your fault you let your cat out get pregnant, and not deal with it :innocent:
so i think im not going to be recieving many xmas cards this year :-[ :evillaugh:
no doubt they will end up in rescue or on the dreaded "tree" site...sigh and she will go out and buy a fluffy ginger kitten that has fluffy ginger babies and continue on ......sigh

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 16:33:53 PM »
Some people are just beyond help  :tired: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Hero Cat
WARNING..contains content of idiot people and unwanted mummy cat & kittens
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 15:10:06 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored:
just a rant in general after a friend posted on facebook :(
my friend asked if anyone knows anyone who wants to rehome a mummy cat and four kittens as she cant look after them all :(

well my friend had just left a post prior to this asking if anyone had a ginger kitten for sale so i had already answered that saying get the girl to go to a rescue as full of cats and kittens. this way it doesnt encourage back street breeders, and it will be cheaper in the end as kitten will come with vacs, wormed fleed, micro chip and neuter voucher..so 70 quid is a lot cheaper than doing it on your own plus you will be getting a healthy rescue kitten!
when i saw the second post about the mummy cat and kittens, i was fuming so left a post saying see this is what im talking about basically. irresponsible people not neutering pets and expecting others to pick up the peices...
well the bloomin person whos cat came on left a comment saying its not her fault if her cat goes out and comes back pregnant :Crazy:
i said obviously it is...if she had neutered her cat then it wouldnt happen :innocent:
she then ranted i wasnt welcome there so jog on basically...
so i said if my friend posts on facebook then basically its open for comment and she may not like the truth but she has to accept responsibility, and why is she getting rid of mummy cat then etc..
shes also said if i was so concerned i could take them >:( i said i have 3 neutered cats thanks  :scared:

I said if you did want to ask for help in rehoming i would point her in the right direction but for godsake... honestly these people just do my head in :Oi:

Link to CatChat