Author Topic: Can you help??  (Read 1923 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Can you help??
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »
(Mods....if I am not allowed to post this here I do apologise!)

Calling all cat lovers! Can I ask for your help for a wonderful cat rescue The Scratching Post based in London UK. They have a chance to win £5000 in desperately needed funding through a FB competition, this is the link
https://www.facebook.com/FeelGoodPark
Choose 'Vote for a charity' in the pink box and go from there (it asks for an app to be installed but there is no virus or junk mail I promise! ) Voting ends Sept 30th
I am lucky to have adopted my Woody from them....he came to me for temporary foster care after they discovered he was diabetic along with a whole host of other health issues. He was in and out of the vets and you all know how those bills add up, but they never thought of giving up on him. He was old, sick and ugly but was given the same care as any other cat coming in to them, even though they thought they might never find a home for him. He is now in remission from his diabetes and enjoying a pampered life with me, but so many cat rescues would not have given him that chance. I know that members on this forum are very Rescue oriented and hope that you can spare a minute to help this great charity continue it's work.

just a shameless  :bump: to get the topic back to the top  ;D

Voted, you're six votes ahead with 5 days to go.  :-:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Can you help??
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »
Yep, photobucket works - its the IMG code you need :waiting:

Offline paddypaws101

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nellie, Paddy, Murphy ( Now all at the Bridge), Peggy and Mitzy and Milo, Millie and Monty, Woody and Wiggins
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 09:00:12 AM »
I will do my best to get some accurate pics of the boy himself which show off his unusual looks, what is the best way to upload pictures to this forum, can I use Photobucket?
Those of you near The Scratching Post and interested in Raw feeding should know that they are now a stockist for Natural Instinct cat and dog foods
http://www.naturalinstinct.com/
Woody loves raw food and it has been instrumental in getting his diabetes under control.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »
Hi!
I've already voted for them - my babies came from The Scratching Post too and I have to say they are one of the best facilities in the area with the nicest staff  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 22:47:54 PM »
We demand a pic of said cat  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Can you help??
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 22:17:00 PM »
Already voted for the Scratching post after seeing Elaine's post on here ;D

Such a fantastic prize and hope you can get the votes needed :crossed:

I bet Woody is :Luv: no such thing as an ugly cat!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 22:19:03 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline paddypaws101

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nellie, Paddy, Murphy ( Now all at the Bridge), Peggy and Mitzy and Milo, Millie and Monty, Woody and Wiggins
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 18:38:45 PM »
Aww, anybody who has met Woody will testify to the fact that he is one ugly beggar. Now some cats can get so ugly that it kind of goes round again and that ugliness becomes cute.....Woody just stuck with ugly!
But he is VERY good at lap warming and snuggles. He also eats anything and everything put in front of him which is a blessing in any household!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 17:51:58 PM »
No cat is ever ugly  :hug: :hug:

I think we have this request from Scratching post already on Purrs and know this months voting is nearly up, so vote vote vote   ;D ;D

Offline paddypaws101

• Adult Cat
Can you help??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 17:22:16 PM »
(Mods....if I am not allowed to post this here I do apologise!)

Calling all cat lovers! Can I ask for your help for a wonderful cat rescue The Scratching Post based in London UK. They have a chance to win £5000 in desperately needed funding through a FB competition, this is the link
https://www.facebook.com/FeelGoodPark
Choose 'Vote for a charity' in the pink box and go from there (it asks for an app to be installed but there is no virus or junk mail I promise! ) Voting ends Sept 30th
I am lucky to have adopted my Woody from them....he came to me for temporary foster care after they discovered he was diabetic along with a whole host of other health issues. He was in and out of the vets and you all know how those bills add up, but they never thought of giving up on him. He was old, sick and ugly but was given the same care as any other cat coming in to them, even though they thought they might never find a home for him. He is now in remission from his diabetes and enjoying a pampered life with me, but so many cat rescues would not have given him that chance. I know that members on this forum are very Rescue oriented and hope that you can spare a minute to help this great charity continue it's work.

Link to CatChat