Author Topic: My attempts at disclipline always go awry  (Read 2867 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: My attempts at disclipline always go awry
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 20:51:35 PM »
Bonnie might not have a little finger BUT I am wrapped around her paws  :rofl: :Luv2:

Susanne I can honestly say in the nearly 5 years that I've had her I've probably said 'no' a couple of times when she's gone to eat my flowers and then I've moved them to protect her.   She really is such an amazingly good cat.

She really is an Angel and that's why she can never join Mosi's Naughty Club  :( ;)

Mary

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »
I think if Bonnie had a little finger then Mary would would be wrapped around it?!  :rofl: :rofl:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 20:34:34 PM »
Never, Mary?  :evillaugh:  Either Bonnie is an angel or you are very tolerant  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 20:02:28 PM »
Bonnie wouldn't know what the word 'no' means cos she's never heard me say it  :evillaugh: ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
I think Mosi and Lupin are related............sigh

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 21:05:19 PM »
Doesn't work with Mosi either - he treats the word "no" with utter contempt!  There are no places really that they cannot go but Mosi likes to climb on things and then he tries to climb the walls and cling onto door frames etc. and I can't stand the noise of his claws on the paint - real nails on blackboard stuff - so I have to try to divert him or remove him when he's doing that.  Mosi is a law unto himself and he knows he can go places I can't so just runs off and hides under the bed or on top of the wardrobe if he senses discipline is in the air - then looks at me with that look of disdain that cats are so good at!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 19:51:29 PM »
The only places my 2 arent allowed to go are behind the TV and on the kitchen bench.

When they were little I would give them a firm 'NO!' and drag them out/off.

They know they arent allowed there, and if I ever catch one creeping under the TV a quick 'erm!' is enough for them to come out! What they get up to when we are in bed is another matter tho!

It doesnt work with Lupin and as soon as I look away he does it again....................and again and again.........sigh

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 13:11:22 PM »
The only places my 2 arent allowed to go are behind the TV and on the kitchen bench.

When they were little I would give them a firm 'NO!' and drag them out/off.

They know they arent allowed there, and if I ever catch one creeping under the TV a quick 'erm!' is enough for them to come out! What they get up to when we are in bed is another matter tho!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »

I'm with Gill.

You can't discipline or train a cat, they have no concept whatsoever of rules... or if they do they don't think they apply to them.  And they are right.

Cats do what they like, how they like, when they like, where they like and in whichever order they want, full stop.

Trying to make them do stuff or stop them doing stuff will only result in stress, frustration, upset and misery for you, the dedicated slave, and the general amusement and hilarity
of the cat.

Don't give them the satisfaction of giving you that blank, hurt "What me?  I don't understand" look....  don't expect manners or good behaviour from them and then
when they do behave or do what you want them to, it will be a pleasant surprise.

XXX

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 20:29:54 PM »
:rofl: :rofl:

Over years of cat slaveship I've learn to say a few words in a Sergeant Major voice. "No!" "Down!" "Out!".

They work temporarily.  :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 19:25:42 PM »
Ive realised that saying no and down only work if I get up and walk towards Amber. If I sit down again or heaven forbid go to bed I can hear all the norty stuff carrying on. Theres nothing worse than lying in bed and hearing her scratch knowing that if I get up and tell her off by the time I get to the front room she'll be in bed looking innocent with the why did you wake me look  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Cats and disclipine dont match lol

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 18:25:31 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Over years of cat slaveship I've learn to say a few words in a Sergeant Major voice. "No!" "Down!" "Out!".

They work temporarily.  :rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 13:03:13 PM »
I find that the words - discipline, and cat - don't seem to fit together somehow.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 23:47:46 PM »
Put these words in a sentence Susanne:

cats, paws, around, got, you, wrapped, their  ;)

I'm as bad.  Took Bonnie to the vet this morning for her annual booster and opened a packet of Dreamies for the journey.  When we got their Kirsty was 25 mins. late cos there'd been an emergency so Bonnie had some more Dreamies and I gave some to another cat who was waiting  :hug:. More Dreamies on the journey home and that didn't leave many Dreamies in the packet when we got home  :naughty:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 19:53:07 PM »
Oh my  :rofl: :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
My attempts at disclipline always go awry
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 19:47:57 PM »
Mosi was being a norty boy earlier (what's new) and standing on top of the hi fi speaker (which is on top of a bookcase), scratching the door frame and generally being noisy and norty.  I tried to tell him off but he ignored me.  So I got up to go and remove him from said speaker and read him the riot act but unfortunately I trod on Jaffa's tail in my haste.  So I had to quickly get some dreamies for Jaffa to say sorry but no sooner had I put the packet back in the drawer than a fluffy little face appeared around the door frame.  Yup - Mosi was still standing on the speaker and still standing on his back legs gripping the door frame, but now he was peering around and looking cute as a button.  well I couldn't not give him a dreamie, could I?  He wouldn't have understood why Jaffa was getting dreamies and he wasn't.  So somehow he ended up getting dreamies for doing the very thing he was getting told off.  Whilst he was doing the very act in fact  :shify:  I'm not much good with discipline, am I?  :-[

Now if I could just work out who upturned my pot of perpetual spinach whilst I was out today, I would have another go at discipline but nobody is owning up to it  :innocent:

Link to CatChat