Author Topic: indoor plants for cats?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: indoor plants for cats?
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:53:32 AM »
Have you thought of catnip? This grows well in sunny windows and cats love them; totally harmless except for that "spaced out" look or the "in heat" reaction. It grows quickly, so you can cut off parts of it and dry them to sprinkle over the areas where you'd prefer your cat to sit.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 14:30:43 PM »
A big plant that a kitty can sniff about, maybe lay down in the plant pot etc

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 13:53:41 PM »
I was never able to have plants or flowers as Amber chewed everything and destroyed them so I got the scardy cat in the hope it would stop her and it did so I can now have them. Dont often have them but at least they dont get chewed now  :naughty:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:28:26 AM »
Do you mean plants that are safe for cats or plants that you can have that will deter their attention? The Scaredy Cat plant is a deterrent....

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 19:45:18 PM »
Im not sure I know Amber likes to chew what I have but after getting a plant called scaredy cat
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/flower-plants/perennial-and-biennial-plants/scaredy-cat-plant/p01280TM

She got better. That plus putting plants in a place she doesnt go helps. I tried top shelf of the bookcase and got up one morning to find her wrapped around the thing. I now do on top of the fire as thats somewhere shes never been in fact I think its only been on a few times in her lifetime so it scares her until she realises heat is from it.

love
Tab

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
indoor plants for cats?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 19:33:53 PM »

I want to get a big indoor plant, so that honey can sit around etc.  I know alot of plants are deadly for cats, so does anyone know wat is a decent indoor house plant?

Link to CatChat