Author Topic: What do you love... (and hate!) about your cat/s?  (Read 7777 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: What do you love... (and hate!) about your cat/s?
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 13:22:32 PM »
Hate : peeing, pooing, vomiting, spraying, cat fur everywhere, litter everywhere, cost, fighting and bloodymindedness

love:  :Crazy:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 13:03:16 PM »

Love pretty much everything about Cashie, he's Mr Perfect.  Even love it when he wakes me at silly o'clock for cuddles.  Especially love the way he witters on at me and has a different vocabulary when he is talking to Izzy. Love the way he rushes to meet me when I come back from work and bends his head back to meet the end of his tail asking for a stroke.

Love Izzy for being a cute but precocious little madam and how chatty and funny she is.  Love that she is scared of the hoover and has to have cuddles afterwards. Love the way she stands on her back legs and reaches across the table to get her laser mouse when she wants to play and how she lays in wait and wiggles her bum before ambushing Cash.

Not so keen on her infuriating habit of playing "catch toes under duvet" in the early mornings, she has sharp claws!

They never annoy me, they always make me laugh, even their poo habits are funny... I would hate to be without them.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 00:34:26 AM »
I really do love everything about my darling little Bonnie Bum.  :Luv2: :hug:
Mary
[/quote]

Bonnie is Mary Poppins! Practically perfect in every way.... :rofl: :) :Luv:
[/quote][/color]

Yer that's right  :evillaugh: ;)

Mary

Mary, I think you MAY be a little blinded by love....I'm sure there's things Bonnie does that are less than savoury.

:thinknot:    :lalala:   :see:  :see:

But then again I suppose I do get fed up of being stiff cos I daren't move cos she is too comfy laying on my back, my side, my chest and wake up suddenly cos she's walked all over my face when I'm on bed.  ;) :naughty:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »
Drum: I LOVE that she interacts with us so much and has a different meow for every occasion, the way she snuggles up to me on the bed at night and that she's such a comedian! I HATE that she dislikes being picked up and that she really panics when I have to give her a pill.

Bass: I LOVE it when she rolls around in the dirt or grass, she looks so blissed out! I also love her gruff little meow. I HATE that she's still a bit scaredy and will sometimes run off and hide for no reason whatsoever.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
Hate is too strong, but there are a few things my cats do which irk me.  Mostly I love them to bits.  Jasper won't lose weight even though I restrict his food, and when he comes in soaking wet he wants to snuggle up.  Jess hates all other cats and retreats under my bed for days at a time if Harvey chases her, she also thinks it a good idea to wake me with a claw in my lip. As for Harvey, he is a bully and a wooss at the same time. Carrie, bless her, is still a nervous wreck and nothing (even feliway in all its forms) seems to help.  On the hugely positive side, Jasper is patience (laziness?)personified with new kittens.  I love it when Harvey sits on my lap and puts his head back so he's looking at me with his huge golden eyes. Jess sleeps on or under my bed and comes for a cuddle just before I go to sleep.  Carrie sits on my lap and looks at me with a little trust so I feel I can't be doing it all wrong.  My current fosters - Koschka's kittens are all perfection and still wanting good homes - 3 down 4 to go!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 10:32:32 AM »
Mary, I think you MAY be a little blinded by love....I'm sure there's things Bonnie does that are less than savoury. ;) Don't worry Helen, I know you can love someone and still see their flaws. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »

[/quote]

Mary
[/quote]

Bonnie is Mary Poppins! Practically perfect in every way.... :rofl: :) :Luv:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
Benji
Love: how cuddly he is, he is a big bear of a cat and loves his fussings.
          how good he is with the kitties considering they invaded his peaceful home!
          how he sneakily plays with the kitties when he thinks nobody is looking
          how he pokes everything off the table and his facial expression when he does so
          his extra speshul relationship with Fred, involves grooming his ahem  :shy:  :Luv2:  :rofl:
          his toe fluff!
Hate: That most cat food gives him the squits :sick:
          That we can't let him in the bedroom at night because he poka in da face at every opportunity, whenever he feels he is not getting attention, he also does this during the day, was especially annoying when I was trying to write my dissertation, as the pokes get harder and harder and the claws come out a little bit more each time  :rofl:

Fred
Love: his laid back cattitude, he is the stoner of the cat world!
          his manic play sessions
         his love for the feather sticks which must be carried around the house
         he suckles on my dressing gown  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
         he can get away with murder with one good kitten look
         how he plays with his sister
          his special cuddles, when you know he trusts you with his whole life and knows you will never hurt him
         his love for Benji and the way he sniffs him (sticks his nose right into Benji's fur)
Hate: his CRF
         he sticks EVERYTHING in his mouth, string, bits of plastic, you name it, we are extra vigilant with that sort of stuff but one day he will get something
Ginger
Love: her diva cattitude! she gets what she wants and she gets it now!
         how much of a mummys girl she is, she demands cuddles from me on a regular basis
         her crazy play sessions!
         she normally wins wrestling matches with her brother
         her fur feels like silk
         she dribbles when she is in cat heaven!
         she still completely trusts and loves me despite the fact I keep taking her to the vet for tests
         she does this weird wiggly play thing whilst in her radiator bed (on her own) she wiggles around and all over it with glee!
Hate: her CRF
         her lack of confidence, anybody new and she hides behind mummy!
         her dribbling when she is in cat heaven (I love it and hate it, it is cute but doesn't feel very nice when its all over your top or sliding down your arm!)

I love the fact that they can all make me laugh til I cry and forget whatever it is troubling me! and the fact that they have my fiance wrapped round their little finger! (despite his claims he is a dog person and the cats were forced on him  :rofl:)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 00:13:58 AM »
Hope this is not where everyone says there's nothing they hate about their cats and I get struck off Purrs[/b]  :evillaugh:
[/color]

:what:   :no no:  :no no:

:slap:    :slap:    :smack:    :smack:   

:inthedoghouse:   :rage: 

Note to self:  Start a petition to get Helen off Purrs  :evillaugh: :hug: ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »
I love how Pepper gets on with his life despite his total blindness and deafness I really admire that in him.   How he loves any food put in front of him (the ferals are more fussy!)  He's just absolutely no trouble at all and not a bad bone in his body  :Luv:

There's really not much not to hate about him other than he usually poos on the floor  :-: which I'd rather he didn't but hey it's no big deal we just clean it straight up, oh and he can be a bit of a pain to pill at times.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »
What a fab thread!!!

OK with Pooty, I love that he's such a gentle little man, loves his cuddles and snuggles.  Totally love our headbutt routine in the kitchen when I get home from work, lots of kisses as well :)  I love his cute little meows and his big purrs  :Luv2:

Can't say there's anything I hate at all, although I dislike his stinky poos hahaaa.  I also really wish he wasn't such a scaredy boy, I hate seeing him under the bed when he's been frightened by something  :shy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
Loves  -  Even at the ages of 15 and 14 they still run around like the devil himself is after them

Hates  -  How Abigail likes to wake me up at 2 am to let her outside - but if i say mummy is tired so goes back to sleep good as gold. (most of the time)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 01:20:27 AM »
Sage

Loves:How she enjoys playing with the toys on her own so much. We sometimes walk in to find her going absolutely mad with a catnip toy or two. Also, how she will approach us and try and be assertive when she eventually decides she wants a cuddle.

Hates:That despite the fact she's been with us around ten years, she will still sometimes run away from us because she's panicking. Makes me sad.

Astryd

Loves: How affectionate she is. She crawls into bed for cuddles with me pretty much every night. And how smart she is too - she's the only cat we've ever had share our home who enjoys reward based clicker training.

Hates: How bossy she can be. She's a prime example of why there's a "prima donna" tag on tortis....

Darwin

Loves: That he makes me laugh on a daily basis. He's a natural born clown. And the way he purrs when he's totally content....he makes a noise like a mogwai.

Hates: How much he seems to love hunting and playing with his prey before eating it.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 00:19:37 AM »
I dislike the fact they poop but thats it really, they are angelic compared to my kids :Luv2: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 22:52:18 PM »
I love everything about my furbabes .... even when zephyr wakes me up at 4:45 every morning by walking across me in bed then sticking his tongue in my ear  :P until I get up and let him out (i have now perfected getting downstairs, getting door open and letting him out and then getting back to bed in just under 2 mins and can be back asleep within 5 mins! lol), or when Foxy sneaks under the duvet in the middle of the night and puts her freezing cold paws in the middle of my back.

Rossi doesn't really have any faults ... she is well mannered, nit pushy or needy and really is a purrfect cat. 

Olly is so laid back I hardly notice he is here most of the time.

My furries are my friends, my confidants and my family.  They have seen me through happy times and sad times and I wouldn't change anything about any of them  I LOVE THEM ALL  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 22:00:56 PM »
We'll skip over Groucho because he is simply perfection.  10/10.  I love absolutely everything about him and that's an end to it  :)  Nope can't think of a thing wrong with the boy ....

Mmmm now Boris; pretty little chap with lovely silky fur and a cuddle bum to boot but OMG the incessant eeaaak eeeaaak eeeaak when he wants his grub drives me up the wall  :Crazy:

Love it when Billy wants fuss.  Adamant little fella so he is  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: but wish he'd stop biting our Grouchie lad on the neck  :-: and not act like I'm trying to kill him when I try to pick him up.

Noni, well we all know she is a beauty and very very cuddly but oh dear me........ the dribbling  :shify:

Ruby is quite the most adorable beauty I've ever met esp in temperament but wish she'd start peeing in the litter tray 

Just love the way my gorgeous darling Millie angel squeezes next to me in the armchair sitting like a hooman but would also appreciate her learning the litter tray routine  :innocent:

What can I say about Dinah?  Nice of her to come in to eat I suppose  :-:.  Even when she stays in for a few hours, she takes up position by the back door so she can escape at will.  She's a very loving little lady until another cat comes anywhere near her and then she's something quite different  :shocked:  Love her independence but hate that she makes us worry so much about her  :(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 21:51:51 PM »
This may take several posts :shocked:

I love all my ferals for being all they can be abd some even love me others tolerate me and a couple don't like me but love their Daddy :shocked:

I love my domestic crew and my junior terrorists for being my bed buddies, my grit bix possee on the cleaning of said grit boxes and for being my knee and leg and neck warmers

I love my raggies for being rescues and for both being such talkative characters

I love my foster boy Svartleheim Starlight Express or Star for being a wonderful foster boy and allowing me to get him shaved and make him comfortable and for coping with being a member of the Clan cats

I love Miss Porsche Bengal for allowing me to be her friend and for allowing me to make her a happier wee soul - I will love her more ince she is speyed on Thursday because a week of a calling Bengal would test the metal of any cat owner, I have cats who look like they need a good sleep, dogs who are using bones to keep their eyes open and me I have trunks under me eyes :rofl:

There will be more
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 21:35:21 PM »
I love the feel of Ariels fur it's amazingly soft and glittered, she chirps when she wants something  and has the loudest meow iv'e ever heard (Bengal trait). I love watching her jump for her feather on a stick which is her favourite toy.

I hate the fact that she is not a lap cat she hates being held and just screams and claws you if you pick her up. When she uses the litter tray she manages to fling the litter 4ft across the room. and when you clean her litter tray she loves to roll about in it charging at it and sending it flying around the room.

Fudge well what can i say love his face and those big ears he loves being carried over my shoulder and having his back patted just like winding a baby,

Things i dislike about Fudge
jumping on my back and digging his claws into my skin when my back is turned especially when theres food being prepared  :evillaugh:
Waking me up every morning at 2 or 3am by scratching my bedroom door so i have to get out of bed to let him out :naughty: and when he gets his moody half hour and attacks my arm. he has a bad habit of using his litter tray and not covering his buisness over leaving it to me to cover it.
I love both my furbabies and wouldn't change them for anything xxxx
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 19:09:13 PM »
I don't hate anything about my boys!  :shify:

ok

Jaffa - I love his soft fur, his velvety ears (I'm alsways nibbling them), his kitty kisses, his gentle nature, how he loves to sit on my knee for cuddles and head kisses (he's sat on my knee right now licking  my arm), the way he purrs almost as soon as you look at him, the comforting sound of his snores at night, the way he nestles into the back of my legs when I lie down on the sofa and get cosy under a blanket, the fact that he is always ready for a cuddle no matter what he is doing... I could go on and on!

I don't like so much - his stubborness - if he knows I want him to do something or go somewhere he will dig his heels in and get stroppy with me, the way he sprays the back of the litter tray so that his wee covers a large area instead of a nice, neat clump and is hard to scoop up, the way he walks over me - if he wants to be the other side he doesn't make any attempt to step over my arm or leg or whatever - just stands on me (although at times I do find that endearing), his fussiness with food

Mosi - what I love - his fluffy fur, his sweet, snuggly nature, the way he climbs into bed at night and lies against me just below the pillow, his attempts at purring (if not almost silent, they sound like he's either having an asthma attack or snorting like a pig - he just can't do normal purrs at volume), the way he races around after da bird doing back flips

Dislikes - the way he makes me run after him with his food bowl every meal time until he decides where he wants to eat it, his dribbling when being cuddled, his playing with the lions!, his teasing Jaffa, the way he tries to dig through to Australia everytime he uses the litter tray and scatters half the litter all over the bathroom and piles the rest in one portion of the tray (I pity Jaffa having to use the tray after hime)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 18:41:57 PM »
Its this thing with birmans LOL

I love Lupin when he is soft and cuddley and wants to lie on me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is new  ;D

I love Ducha when he snuggles against my head and purrs

BUT i hate both of them when they do this moaning whine for no reason I can find!

I love Misa cos he is so big and cuddley and is a purr monster BUT I hate.........no thats too strong..........I dont like it when he goes out and sits in the rain and comes in like a huge black and white wet mop  :rofl: :rofl:

Last night he came in and out like a bloomin yoyo and was still soaking this morning!

I love Sasa for just being Sasa and I know her fur is so soft and she looks so cuddley BUT I hate how she is choosing to stay in the shed or even worse, outside in the rain.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 18:30:52 PM »
I love Beavis when he cuddles right into my chest and purrs , looking up at me with his huge blue eyes.  :Luv2: :Luv2:However , when he wails like a crying baby for what feels like hours at a time , I could quite happily throttle him! :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
What do you love... (and hate!) about your cat/s?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 17:32:29 PM »
I absolutely adore my boys and wouldn't part with them for the world but whilst the majority of the time I love them, there are times when I would happily throttle them!

I'll start with Riley:

I LOVE it when he snuggles next to my head at bedtime, purring his little head off in ecstasy just because he's laying next to his Mum. I love how cheeky and bold he is, he often does the 'sideways bouncing cat' thing to me when I walk into a room. That's my cue to go 'Raaaaaar' and chase after him  :evillaugh:

I HATE how he tries to snuzzle my face/hand/any body part he can with his disgusting wet nose which always feels icy cold when he slimes himself against me  :sick: (funnily enough Lu's nose is lovely and warm so not nearly as unpleasant!). I hate how when he paddles and purrs that globlets of drool cascade from his face and always land on me - why does cat slobber feel so wet and how can one cat lose so much liquid and not get dehydrated?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lukey:

I LOVE how he dashes up to 'his' spot on the stairs, which is about my chest height, and writhes around in ecstasy whilst getting his tummy rubbed through the bannisters, towards the end he gets overexcited and grabs my hand firmly with both paws before gently mouthing my entire hand and if I take my hand away too quickly without giving him a long enough rub he'll bat me through the bannisters as I take my hand away :Luv2: I love how he can't resist chasing my dressing gown belt, he will often appear from nowhere and latch himself onto my belt  :evillaugh:

I HATE how he always tries to jump on my knee when I'm eating, he doesn't want the food as he isn't really a scavenger like Riley, he just wants to impede me eating! He gets into such a frenzy trying to jump up while I'm desperately trying to push him down with one hand! I hate his monotonous droning meow when he's not getting something he wants (normally an early dinner!) it's endless and combined with Riley's repeated squeaking has me like this  :pull hair:

So, what do you love (and hate!) about your cats? Hope this is not where everyone says there's nothing they hate about their cats and I get struck off Purrs  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat