Author Topic: Absolutely Shocked and Heartbroken  (Read 2044 times)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Re: Absolutely Shocked and Heartbroken
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 21:23:17 PM »
 :hug: That's terrible. Hope they don't ever get any other pets.

RIP little kitty.

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 20:53:44 PM »
you guys have been a god send to me lately, for me it feels good to support you too! :hug:

be good to you and give those mogs a ruffle from me! xxxx :Luv2:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 20:48:25 PM »
Having just read through all your kind comments I am feeling alot better about things.  :thanks: everyone.

I am glad to be part of the Purrs forum - all the advice and support I have received has been invaluable.  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 19:01:31 PM »
Sorry cant make it to the first post on this thread!  :-[ :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP little one x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 18:56:36 PM »
Most definitely not your fault. There are some awful, heartless people out there and you did what you could. It doesn't alter the fact that what happened to this little one is terribly sad, but there's only one person who should feel guilty and that's the person who put a nine week old kitten outside to fend for itself.

RIP Little One, you weren't treated with the kindness and love you deserved.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 18:54:26 PM »
I agree with all the others it was not your fault and its fine to think with hindsight but there is no way you could have known what was to happen  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Little kitten, go ask for all our friends on the Bridge

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 18:18:19 PM »
 :(

Oh dear i am so sorry to hear about that, that truly is such sad news and enough to make the blood boil. LEts only hope that the person who did that will not have any interest in looking after any kind of animal in the future!!

Its a gift we have...loving the animals in our care, and one i treasure..

PLEASE PLEASE dont feel terrible about it, you already do so much....guilt is a terribly useless emotion.....

be gentle with yourself

big hugs Kenni xxxx :hug:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 17:37:25 PM »
That is so awful and I know only too well the feeling of 'if only', but as others have said, you couldnt have known what was going to happen and you did what you could. I'm so sorry that this has happened, it'll be hard to put out of your mind I know, but try not to let it consume you, I've been there,  on two occasions where I believed I could have done more.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 17:36:46 PM »
Its certainly not your fault - you did all you could to help.That girl need a good slap! >:(

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 17:33:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I've known many people like that. And you just can't do anything about it, just hope it will never happen again.
I would do the same, if she was to get another kitten, I would kidnap it from her.
Don't blame yourself, little did you know it was going to escalate like this, but boy, I would tell her the truth in words she would remember for a long time.
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 17:28:27 PM »
 :'( Poor little thing and what heartless people. 

Not your fault at all hun, you're just being made to feel it is  :hug: :hug:

RIP sweet little kitty xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 17:25:13 PM »
Poor baby  :( Clare's absolutely spot on, there's no way you could have known what was going to happen :hug:

RIP little one, safe and sound at the Bridge by now xx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 17:23:41 PM »
There is no way you are to blame for this :hug: OH frieand has to take full responsibility as she got the kitten in the first place and should have made other arrangements if she had changed her mind :censored:
We can all say with hindsight  we would have done things differently ,but you werent to know she was going to put kitty outside and heartbreaking tho the outcome is ITS NOT YOUR FAULT :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 17:16:00 PM »
Oh hun, how awful  :hug:

You are not to blame in any way for this, you could not have known what would happen, so please do not think you could have changed the outcome  :hug: :hug:

I truly hope this 'person' does not get another kitten, if they did, I'd feel an anonymous call to the RSPCA coming on  :hug:

RIP little one, the angels obviously needed you more than this world xxx
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 17:16:25 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
Absolutely Shocked and Heartbroken
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 17:13:11 PM »
OH's friend came over on Saturday because he was concerned with the way his step daughter was treating her kitten, a 9 week old male tabby. He asked us if we could take it on. Unfortunately with work being thin on the ground and already having 3 cats of our own we just couldn't do it. I made a list of cat rescues in the local area for her to contact - I even offered her the use of our phone to make the calls, but she said no and that she would get straight on to it.

OH came home last night and told me that she put the kitten outside yesterday morning and at some point in the early evening was hit by a car and sadly died  :'( I am completely shocked and angered by the owners attitude, she just doesn't care at all - she has more or less said she's glad its gone, because she couldn't be bothered with it anymore! and says I am the one who should be feeling guilty, because if i had taken him in then he would still be alive. What did the poor little mite do to deserve that kind of treatment?. If I had known he was outside I could have gone and got him  :(  I just cant help thinking I should have done more.

I am just completely shocked and saddened by her lack of remorse. She point blank refuses to take any kind of responsibility for it. Apparently she has been boasting on her Facebook account that she might get herself another kitten! - I swear if I find out she has I will personally go and take it off her.

I'm sorry if I have rambled on a bit, but I had to get this out, it keeps running through my mind. 

Link to CatChat