Author Topic: Tantrums and gentle tellings-off!  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Tantrums and gentle tellings-off!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 21:53:18 PM »
Bilbo throws HUGE tantrums  [...]he's just like a toddler.

Blaspheme!! :P

Lexy throws a strop whenever she feels like it. And usually, as our Teresa knows, if she wants to let you know she's not happy she'll say so!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 21:43:50 PM »
Billy W growled at me 4 times the other morning when I was trying to hem him in to apply Frontline. He would never dream of actually smacking a person though.  Like your style Shanti  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 17:37:43 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »
Bilbo throws HUGE tantrums if you make him stay inside and he'll throw things onto the floor, kick doors and windows, he'll poo on the laminate floor right next to his tray to make a point and allsorts. He's damaged the windows in the cats room and in the study trying to break out of them as has totally shredded the sealant stuff (Dave went potty as it's a brand new house!) :Crazy: He really can't deal with being kept inside but you're never sure whether to be cross with him or laugh at him when he's in the middle of a strop as he's just like a toddler. As soon as he's got access to an outdoor run he turns back into Mr Sweetness and Light!!
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
Amber had a tantrum last night, she was playing with Tilly and got a bit rough so oh told her off, she put her ears completely flat and went off, she didn't even come up to bed last night which is unheard of!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 14:03:24 PM »
Yes Misty was quite Defiant in His Youth  >:(
Telling Him off for attacking Hamish or Sitting on the TV remote " would always fall on deaf ear's "
and then He'd give you that Look....You know the one !!  :naughty:

but Misty is in his senior years now, and I let the little butter off with Murder  :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 13:47:16 PM »
Z had a tantrum yesterday....when he caught his first mouse. Spent about 15 minutes growling (only stopping to draw breath) and hissing at me, his brother, his shadow if it was within 5 ft of him! Possessive little butter!

then RW sulked all evening 'cos he picked a fight with the 2 longhairs from 2 doors down ON THIER TURF, so duly got his botty well and truely kicked........growl, sulk, flop down like kevin the teenager....

Yep, it is like having 3 teenagers in this house most days!  :tired:

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 12:00:41 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: not yet had a tantrum from my two, but i'm sure it's only a matter of time :evillaugh:

SSopjie doesn't have tantrums but she is the champion sulker -  a good one can last for a good couple of hours.

Only hours? ;) When i took Penguin for her second jab she sulked for two days :shocked: :naughty: i couldn't figure out what was wrong with her at first but soon realised i was being ignored for taking her to the evil place. :innocent: dreading her reaction to being spayed. :rofl:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
Misha throws tantrums with my husband and he gets some filthy looks off her  :evillaugh:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 09:51:26 AM »
SSopjie doesn't have tantrums but she is the champion sulker -  a good one can last for a good couple of hours.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:53:50 AM »
I don't think I've seen Maxy throw a strop like that, but it would be pretty funny if he did  :rofl:

I do get gently swiped a lot in the mornings though if I make the mistake of thinking that 5am is anything other than playtime  :tired:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 23:00:20 PM »
Oh yes Franta has tantrums and Misa is good with a loud hiss and a swipe if I dont take notice.  :rofl: :rofl:

No your place missus, the cats are in charge   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Tantrums and gentle tellings-off!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 22:56:44 PM »
Well I never thought I'd see a cat have a tantrum, but Shanti has done just that ... twice now!!  She's not that hot with a catflap, and faffs quite a bit to get out, although she's always adept at getting back in!  But anyway, she was faffing and faffing with the new catflap, and so I picked up her front paws to put them on the 'door' to show her to push.  She turned to me and growled, swiped my hands away (no claws) and continued to faff.  Then she lost patience, smacked the catflap, growled, smacked the catflap again, turned to me, growled, smacked me, smacked a poor unsuspecting Sabby, then threw herself at the stairs and proceeded to 'attack' th bottom stair whilst lying on the floor, punctuating it all with more smacks!  Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd think she was a two-year-old child!  To my shame, I really, really couldn't help laughing at her!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: I had to put her in a room on her own for a bit to calm down!  Poor Shanti!  Once she was let out she managed the catflap finally!

And Sabby made me smile this evening.  I get terrible static sometimes, depending on the weather, and tonight I put my hand out for his head butt, but instead a sharp little shock went through my finger straight into Sabby's nose!  Sabby deliberately turned round, and gave me a firm, measured, no-nonsense, slap on my hand with his paw!  AFter that, he was just as amenable and lovely as ever.  But I considered myself told off.  I'll try not to let it happen again, Sabs!

Link to CatChat