Author Topic: A mouses tail.......  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: A mouses tail.......
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 23:16:10 PM »
yes there are mouse seasons I find, and mine will be out hunting for them every day..........sigh

I hate it when I see Sasa proudly trotting down the garden with sometthing in her mouth.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 22:33:07 PM »
Well Gill Harry only eats dry food, obviously he likes his meat fresh. I ask myself why does it have to be that fresh Harry?!

Oh I have plenty of living things brought to me by Harry, there usually alive when he brings them home, then if they are ok I will save them, but sometimes  it's gone too far and I have been to the vets on 2 occassions to have birds pts.

In the summer he will bring at least 2 birds a day home! It really upset me with the pigeon though.

I started to feel like I hated him because of the killing spree, and the torcher he put them through. I used to "ground" him if he had killed lol

He is right into his mouseys at the moment though.
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 17:33:14 PM »
Chilli is hunter extraordinaire, some of you will remember a phase she went through shortly before going missing when she brought me home at least one live mouse a night, would then meow at the back door for Dave and I to come see what she had brought us. Often my rescue attempts would be unsuccessful as I have a balcony with no direct human access to the garden and a neighbouring balcony. I would go out but before I got to her she would pick up the mouse and skip onto the neighbours balcony. Only ever founf one mouse so I assume they got eaten  :sick:

Dave is not going out regularly yet, mostly due to the dark nights and having to rescue him because he can't figure out how to get back up onto the balcony yet. (Never an issue for Chilli). But when he does, I think he will be a hunter so I have that to look forward to. As for when we move to NZ, I can only imagine the bug etc he'll bring me as I used to live with a family that had cats last time and they'd bring in all sorts.

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 14:52:59 PM »
 :sick:  Feel so lucky mine don't do this!!  My mums cats used to do it with baby rabbits it was horrible it used to upset me as a child!!! Maureen is that lazy I would be lucky if she hunted a toy mouse!

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 14:47:39 PM »
sounds like they are hungry  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i also bury the poor dead mousies and others  :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38:18 AM »
At least they are dead, my cat cheeky brings them in live as a present for me  :naughty: if im not in she kills them but if im home she lets them go and i then spend the next 1/2 hr trying to rescue the blighters from the other cats ;)
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 10:29:09 AM »
I bury the remainder of the mouse usually.

There was no way I was making a grave for a tail and a bit of intestine  :sick:  :rofl:

You should see what I have to deal with, Harry had killed a baby pigeon, very slowly may I add  >:( Although it had been cleared up, the next day I caught Lyla chewing on its head  :sick:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:26:27 AM »
Eugh, I hate it when they do that - I bury the remainder of the mouse usually.

One Christmas Day a couple of years ago I got up and went to the back door to shout Jack for his breakfast (he was out doing patrol) and when I opened the door there was a perfectly intact mouse but quite obviously dead. I'm still not 100% sure you left me my christmas present out of the bunch!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 00:16:12 AM »
Yuk - I'm soooooooooo glad that my lot don't hunt.  I know its natural but I would be totally grossed out if I had to clean up mouse parts from the house!

Poor you x

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
A mouses tail.......
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 00:09:14 AM »
Thats all it was!  :rofl: Oh and a bit of guts  :sick:  :sick:

My goodness Harry  :wow: No seriously this is getting OTT now. He is eating mice every day and its grossing me out, especially when there are bits left over and blood trails all over the floor. And I have just seen him eat another outside. I did go out to do a mouse rescue but the little begger ran away, Harry that is.

What a naughty boy  :tired:

Link to CatChat